Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#668061 08/29/00 12:55 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Felt real lonely yesterday and tried to get wife to talk with me. Escalated into an argument, I decided to take my ring off and act the same way she is, that is single.<P>Finger feels strange and I keep trying to find my ring. Wife is so cold and she told me that I need to quit caring about her.<P>I told her that was easier said then done.<P>Lots of anger, I don't like it but I guess it is necessary if we are divorcing!

#668062 08/28/00 02:44 PM
I know the feeling. It has been 2 months for me and I still feel for it sometimes and the white circle around my finger is still visible.....not as bad....it is going away, just like I am healing from the wounds she inflicted.<P>Anger is a normal part of this greiving process and I have found it hurts me less to be angry than to be sad as long as you use it constructively.<P>Good luck, hang in there, and keep posting to everyone.<P>Ben

#668063 08/28/00 02:54 PM
H
OP Offline
H
It is hard and most of the time I have no idea how to respond or not respond to my wife.<P>i STILL HOLD OUT HOPE THAT WE CAN GET BACK TOGETHER ALTHOUGH SHE IS SO HARD HEADED IT WOULD BE A MIRICLE!

#668064 08/28/00 05:10 PM
S
S
Wearing your ring or not?? hmmm... I have gone back and forth on this for a while. My wife left 6 months ago. I saw her a week after she left and the ring was already off.<BR>I did the same for about a day, then I realized that it was out of anger that I took it off and here I was trying to show her my love to get her to come back.<P>My conclusion: My ring is back on my finger and stays there 90% of the time. BUT, there are times when I take it off - usually its when I go out with friends. At those times I am just going out to enjoy myself and forget for a little while. But sure enough the next day its back on.<P>Why? Because I feel that when I said "I do" and "for better or worse" I meant it. Just because now my wife has problems with our vows does not give me the right to turn my back on "my word" to myself to God and yes to her. I believe strongly in "my word is my bond". And I will probably keep wearing the ring until the time comes where my hand is stiff and cold and blue, or the day I am handed the pen to sign my own divorce papers.<P>The ball is in my wife's court right now with our marriage, but as far as my commitment and vows go, I still have full control over that.<P>Don't get me wrong, I am not faulting you for doing what you feel is right. That is all you can do - What you feel is right. For me its with it on (at least for most of the time). Just don't let her actions direct your feelings. Be who you are for you.<P>And don't get caught up in anger. Yes it is easier to get angry than to be sad. But remember that when God was up on the cross he could have gotten angry and destroyed us all. But, he didn't, instead he faced the deep sorrow he had for our faults and sins. No one can be God, but God, but we can strive to be "like" Him. If you hope for a miracle, then anger, while it will occur from time to time, does not deserve a place in your heart. Feel it and get rid of it as fast as it came. If you can, try to love her even when she strikes out against you. In the long run you will be the bigger person. (But it will suck in the shortrun! - nothing you can do about it).<P>Keep strong.<BR>God Bless.

#668065 08/28/00 10:25 PM
Y
Y
I'm with you SoTired2000, my ring is on and it's because I believe I said until death do us part. I believe now that I am being called perhaps to honor my vows REGARDLESS of what she does, period. I certainly will not give up before a divorce decree is handed to me, and although I believe that God has a lot of work to do in me, I'm praying that He continues to knock on my wifes heart as well. Letting go of her and forgiving her for giving up on me and our marriage has been very difficult for me, but I feel that I'm coming to a place where I can accept the divorce and yet still have hope for reconcilition at the same time. I couldn't do that before.<P>God Bless you<P>Repenting<BR>Hebrew 11:1

#668066 08/29/00 01:54 PM
H
OP Offline
H
This is my second day without the ring. It feels very strange, for me it was until death do us part.<P>I thought about putting it back on today but didn't.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 968 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation