Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#674556 11/08/00 05:46 PM
W
OP Offline
W
It was a year ago tonight that I first logged on to Marriagebuilders.com....I hope I never forget the painful desperation that brought me here...You folks changed my life over the past year.<P>The friends I have made are amoung my dearest.<P>I have expressed my gratitude many times...My life is much better thanks to all here!<P>I love each of you very much.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Bill<P>------------------<BR><P>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.

T
T
Hi Bill,<BR>Well, I dunno. This isn't the kind of anniversary I was looking forward to. I am thankful, like you, for all of the kindness I've found here. You included!!<P>Hope you are doing ok today...

W
OP Offline
W
Hi TS,<P>Honestly this isn't the kind of anniversary one looks forward to. However, maintaining my optimism....The lining of my bleak cloud was not only silver but has many streaks of gold in it! This place and the people here pointed that out to me.<P>I have found more than kindness...I found an uncommon type of unconditional love...It is hard to explain but I believe you no what I'm talking about.<P>Oh....I am well today [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] thanks for asking!<P>Bill

J
J
Bill,<P>Wow, next month will be a year for me too. Man and you've been here for me since I got here, thanks alot my dear friend. Love ya' too [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR><B>Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

W
OP Offline
W
LOL My dislexia just hit me when I looked at my profile...I read 8 instead of 6...I shoulda posted this monday LOL LOL

N
NSR Offline
N
Brother...<P>I remember... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

D
D
(((((((((BILL))))))))))))))<P>I'm glad you stayed and found some peace. I am sure this place has changed your life forever, as I know it has mine.<P>My one year anniversary is coming too, but since I changed my screen name, I am not positive of the date, but it was shortly after XMAS.<P>Isn't it amazing how life has changed SO much??? <P>Do you remember that "desperate" feeling that you would never find happiness or figure this out.<P>I am thankful that I found it, not while searching online, but because the book I bought, "His needs, her needs" had the ad for the website.<P>Hope your doing well today.<BR>Dana<BR>

W
OP Offline
W
Jim,<P>I too remeber your encouragement the night I destroyed the pumpkin. LOL<P>I knew you were lurking out there! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Thanks for just being you...<P>Dana,<P>I will never forget the desperation, nor do I want to. It ir a good benchmark fir judging situations and a reminder of what I can go through.<P>Thanks for the hugs....<P>Bill<p>[This message has been edited by WilliamJ (edited November 08, 2000).]

M
M
Bill,<P>WOW! A year! (and 2 days! LOL) It's amazing how much better things can be after a year, huh? <P>(((((HUGS))))) to ya!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
OP Offline
W
Mitzi,<P>Thanks for the hug.<P>It is amazing how much better things <B>can</B> be. Especialy the last couple of months. They have been the most exciting I've had in a very long time! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Bill

B
B
Bill,<P>October 21st was my 18 month MB Anniversary... I realized how far I had come after I went back and read my first post. <P>Congratulations on not only surviving this year, but in growing and learning and being happy!<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BILL}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>Smooches,<BR>B<P>------------------<BR>There are deep sorrows and killing cares in life, but the encouragement and love of friends were given us to make all difficulties bearable. <BR>-- John Oliver Holmes<P>The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.<BR>-- Elie Wiesel<P><BR>

B
B
Having joined 24 July 00, and after having you respond to my first post, I cannot imagine you as anything other than the happy funny guy that I know! What a living testament you are to surviving this nightmare! Your encouragement has turned things around for me and helped me see a whole new perspective to this situation--my thanks to YOU!

C
C
Bill --- ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))<P>So glad you've come so far. This is a wonderful celebration of survival, recovery, and triumph. Not to mention joy and growth! I'm glad you've been here and have found support. <P>Now, are you coming to Nashville? You don't have to come to the hottub if you choose not to.

B
B
hey WilliamJ - we must have come here at about the same time....<P>I am so honoured to consider you a friend. You have been there for me in some of my darkest hours, and some of your dry cryptic comments have made me laugh when I so needed to laugh.<P>I am so proud of what you have achieved - you truly are an amazing man.<P>One day, we will all find what we are looking for. Whatever "that' may be. We will find it, it is out there. I am so glad I found this site.<P>I will be endeavouring to get to the states next year, and I would love to catch up with you. And a few others also. I would need a decade to catch up with everyone who has helped me through the worst 18 months of my life, but if I do manage get to the States, I would love to catch up with you.<P>Cinderella - can you hold off on the hottub until I get there..........

T
T
Hey Bill,<P>I guess I haven't lurked in at least 3 weeks, because I hadn't seen this post.<P>Why I am checking MB today is because in less than 2 wks. will also be my first anniversary here (if lurkers can have a cake & candles too) and memories are stuffing my mind up to the rim. You & Jim were among the first people to guide me in this journey; I never thought I could survive the pain one more night when I found this site. I thank you & always will, and congratulate you in this your journey of growth.<P>Alex<P>------------------<BR><B>Live fully and always learn</B>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation