Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MENTAL Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello everyone,<P>I'm doing great. The girls are doing wonderful. Both are doing well in school and returning back the girls I knew before all of this happened. The sad thing is it has taken almost 2 years.<P>Went for the custody/contempt hearing last Wednesday. I had a court appointed attorney and had only talked to him once......boy was I surprised. He was great.<P>My ex thought he was going to lie his whole way through the hearing, but to him and his attorneys suprise.....I brought most of the tapes of his calls to both me and the girls. So instead of lying.......ooops....he had to tell the truth. So things were definately on my side.<P>All the hot air and threats he has been saying to me for almost 2 years......fell by the waist side.<P>Believe me...it was a good feeling. Neither of us lost or really won....but the judge court ordered him to LEAVE ME ALONE. He is to e-mail me everything so that I don't have to talk to him.<P>They found out about my e-mail address and I was court ordered to get a new one to e-mail him from.....<P>So much more happening but I have been so busy, that I barely have time to get on the computer anymore.<P>Hope everyone is doing fine and miss talking to all of you.<P>Nancy

N
NSR Offline
N
Nancy...<P>missed you!<P>I'm really happy some things are turning around for you!<P>Keep documenting everything you can...<BR>...you never know when you're going to need it!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000254.html" TARGET=_blank>Jim</A> / <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000037.html" TARGET=_blank>NSR</A>

S
S
Nancy,<P>CONGRATULATIONS!<P>I am so happy to hear that something is FINALLY going YOUR way...you certainly deserve it!<P>The truth always does eventually come out in the end, it just sometimes seems like it takes forever.<P>It is so wonderful to hear that both you and your daughters are so happy and doing well.<P>I just love the irony, that now YOU have a court order against him...it's about time some Judge saw what really has been going on.<P>Keep up the good work!<P>~skye~

D
D
(((((((((((Nancy)))))))))))))))))))<P>I am SO glad for you! and the girls too! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I hope you find some peace and happiness after all this, you deserve it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Dana<BR>

M
MENTAL Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank You,<P>You know.....I really am happy and to think just 1 year ago I was crying and begging and at one of the lowest points in my life. It really does seem so long ago.<P>I am back to the Nancy I was 5 years ago. I have met so many people at work and just love it. I consider about 100 out of the 500 employees working there.....some of my best friends.<P>The journey has been tough and I never want to do it again, but I am so glad that I am here to talk about it and that I never gave up.<P>Thanks to all of you......I realized I wasn't alone and most of all....that I was normal.<P>Nancy

W
W
Nancy, So good to hear from you! I am glad things are looking up for you! You deserve a turn about! I was readding through the read only board Saturday and was wondering how you were.<P>Take care of yourself and those girls!!<P>Love Ya,<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR><P>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.

B
B
Doing the happy happy joy joy dance for you and the girls ! At least your side was heard and he knows now he won't always be able to have everything his way ! <P>------------------<BR>Deb<P>Hepatitis C, Please educate yourself ! <A HREF="http://www.hepatitis-central.com/<P>In" TARGET=_blank>http://www.hepatitis-central.com/<P>In</A> memory of a very dear friend <A HREF="http://fathom.org/teemingmillions/wally.adp" TARGET=_blank>http://fathom.org/teemingmillions/wally.adp</A>

B
B
Hi Nancy,<P>god was I glad to read that. I have wondered about you so often.<BR>Along with everyone else here, I'm so glad a judge finally saw the light and realised what he has done.. And saw him for what he is.<P>And what fantastic news about your girls. They will need so much love and care and attention in the coming years, but with you as their mother, and with you by their side, they will be ok I'm sure.<P>Isn't this the greatest revenge?? You have a great new life, a good job that you like and some wonderful friends. Your girls are happy, and you sound like you are beginning to be happy too. Yay, you have a life. He needs to get one!!!!!!<P>keep taking care of you, you're doing great.<BR>And keep in touch.<P>love and hugs to you<P>Jo

R
RWD Offline
R
Nancy,<BR>So glad things have turned out so well in light of all that has happened. My prayers are with you and the girls.<P>God Bless<P>Bob

W
W
Nancy,<BR>I was so happy [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] to read that all is going much better for you and your girls. I know it has been worse than a nightmare, but you have foughtfor the best for your kids and have now made a decent a caring place for your children and yourself. You deserve evrything good that comes your way, which I truly hope it will. May each day bring you only good things<P>

B
B
Dear Nancy, I was happy to read your post. You have handled yourself so well. Glad you had the tapes of the conversations with which your husband so neatly hung himself, as vindication.<P>I'd been scanning the boards for posts from you and feel relief for you and your daughters.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

M
MENTAL Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey you guys....(blush, blush) stop it really......<P>But seriously.....It has been a hell of a ride and it is still not over. We have another court date in Feb. and another in May. A new GAL was appointed to help keep us out of court.<P>I have come to realise that it will never be over. He just can't leave me alone. It is always something with him. He called me his wife so many times in court on Wednesday that it took all I had not to stand up and scream.....EX-WIFE....<P>He stills talks about me like we are still married. It is all about control. I guess in his eyes I will always be his. But in my eyes, it has been over for so long.<P>I have found that life after divorce (and of course the emotional battle) has been very fulfilling. I AM ME AGAIN!!!!!! And if that isn't something to stand back and pat myself on the back for, nothing is.<P>I am sure that there will be more custody battles and control issues, but I am so much stronger and wiser (and not blinded by love anymore).....so he better watch out.<P>There is something to be said for PLAN B....however you do it and for whatever reason. When I quit taking his calls, quit listening to his crap and most of all quit believing in what he said and started believing in myself.......I became whole again. And I smiled as I typed that one!!!!!<P>Nancy<p>[This message has been edited by MENTAL (edited January 16, 2001).]

T
T
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MENTAL:<BR><B>There is something to be said for PLAN B....however you do it and for whatever reason. When I quit taking his calls, quit listening to his crap and most of all quit believing in what he said and started believing in myself.......I became whole again. And I smiled as I typed that one!!!!!<P>Nancy<P>[This message has been edited by MENTAL (edited January 16, 2001).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Nancy ...It is nice to see you doing so much better...I have read your reply and guess that is the only way for me to move on too...<P>H keeps telling me Don't give up on him or US..yet nothing much has changed...<P>So now I believe time is really running out and He just doesn't know it.....<P>Take care....my son and I are moving in with my parents for awhile...<P>My new goals: To get retrained and try to return to work...find a new place to live.<BR>Meet new people, and still continue helping my son cope with all the disruption of the past two years.....<BR>In essence reinvent my life without H in it...<BR>Good Luck and keep us posted.....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation