Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
I rented a movie this weekend to watch by myself. <BR>It was one of the best I have seen in awhile(Gladiator).<BR>So I thought my wife might enjoy it. I called her and asked her if she might want to watch it, she agreed.<P>We watched it. As she was getting to walk out the door, I told her I love her, miss her, and think of her very often. <BR>She looked at me and started crying and said that she loves me and thinks of me too. She said that she was at her girlfriends(the OP or OW, how ever you want to put it) and had a crying session last night, I guess about me or moving out. I didnt ask.<P>She says that she has come to alot of realizations this past week, that she is going to start keeping a realization journal.<P>I wonder what kind of realizations she is coming too?<P>I have come to some realizations myself that I was going to tell her about, but for some reason I didnt. <BR>The realizations are that I love her truely and deeply, that she is my life, and that not having her around these last 9 days has made me realize more than ever how much I need her, and want her.<P>She has made mention several days ago that she has to stay in that apt. for at least a year. I told her no, if she wants to come back we can pay the rent till the landlord gets it rented again. I'm sure that landlord would do that. My mother has alot of rentals and that is usually how it works, lease or not.<P>I told her to call me anytime she wants or needs to. She told me I can do the same. I replied that I have been wanting to call her but I didnt want to intrude, she said that I wouldnt be intruding, there is nothing to intrude on.<P>I called her mother friday and talked to her. She is still in shock, dont understand it, but supports her and wants her to be happy. The reason I called the MIL was to reassure her that I'm not making her life a hell, that I still love her, and would love for things to work out between us.<P>Anyway, thats all I can think of now.<BR>I need to get off here and hit the couch. I got 4 hours of sleep today, and have to be at work tonight. I work 3rd shift now.<P>This message board is the tops. You get good feedback from here.<BR>Thanks<P>

G
G
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by broken_in_east_TN:<BR><B>I have come to some realizations myself that I was going to tell her about, but for some reason I didnt. The realizations are that I love her truely and deeply, that she is my life, and that not having her around these last 9 days has made me realize more than ever how much I need her, and want her.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Good job there all around! It sounds like your instincts were right on the money. Tell her how much you love her, tell her how much you miss her, make it completely clear that there are no obstacles to her coming back. But <I>don't</I> tell her you need her. She would probably perceive that as you pressuring her.<P>I don't know what category telling her you want her falls into...<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 685 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation