Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#682915 02/20/01 02:45 AM
B
OP Offline
B
<BR>Well. I don't know how to start this. So I'll just start from the very top. <BR>I am the world's luckiest man. In all reality, you should never be getting another email from me. I should be gone from this earthly world, and onto a better place. I shouldn't be alive right now.<P>You see, I had a car, actually a truck wreck early in the wee hours of this morning. From all accounts...the paramedic, the deputies, the tow truck operator, say I should have been going away in a body bag. I should not be writing this to you.<P>As you all know, my wife and I are going through a separation right now. I went over her house to talk last night. I didn't leave till about 2:30 or so in the morning. <P>As I was going down a desolate country road I came across what I thought was water. It wasn't. It was black ice. As the truck started to skid, I thought ok no big deal. I know what to do. No problem. Then I hit dry pavement. <BR>Then I started to head towards the shoulder. Then I thought oh no. There is nothing but air past the little shoulder, about a 10 to 15 foot drop strait down.<P>Then I went airborn, my first thought was I'm never going to see my wife again. As I was flying through the air I could see a huge tree I was headed for. I thought, this is it. This is how I'm going to die. Then the truck started going nose down. I could see the ground rushing up to meet me, or me rushing down to meet it. I then thought, this is going to hurt.<P>BLAM, CRUSH, SHATTER, SCREACHING STEEL, ROLL, ROLL, ROLL.<P>Then it all came to a stop. I'M ALIVE, I'M ALIVE....I was upside down. My first thought was turn the ignition off. When I did. It went pitch black. I found were the seatbelt latch was, and unbelted myself. Here I am, on a country road, in the early hours in the morning. It's dark, I cant see. No one would be able to see me, even if they was looking. I thought I'm going to die of the cold, it was about 20 degrees outside, and I was in the water. Not deep. just inches, but wet and cold all the same.<P>Then I thought, I'm a smoker. I have a lighter. I flicked my bic. Realized I somehow ended up facing the back of the truck. I couldnt get out of the windshield, I couldnt get out of the side windows, I had to go through the back window. I went. I got out of the window, I was now underneath the bed of the truck. I flicked my lighter again. I could see a small hole to go though...I went like a cut monkey...like a scalded dog I went.<P>I was now clawing my way up the bank. I made it to the top. I realized I didnt have my glasses on. I'm blind now, great!<BR>I go walking down the road. I see houses. No lights on. There are no cars in sight, even if there was, they surely wasn't going to stop for this muddy mess of a man.Then I see a blurry light. I start running, as I'm running the light gets a little clearer. I bet thats a damn bar or freaking church both of which would be closed. I keep running. I think my right foot might be broken. I keep running. Is that a detached garage? I keep running. No its a HOUSE, with a LIGHT ON. I stop running, I walk up into the grass. I hear a dog start growling. I stop, look around, and try to see if I see a shape running towards me....great this is all I need. I survive a major wreck only to be mauled to death by a country dog.<P>Then I hear. Hey bud, you alright?<BR>Man, I have never been so happy to hear a strangers voice in all my life.<BR>I replied I think so. Can i use your phone? <BR>He invited me in.<BR>He said that his wife and he were sleeping, The both sat bolt upright when they heard the sliding. Then they heard the truck rolling and glass breaking. He had just put his clothes on, and was out the door to see were the wreck was at when I came walking up.<P>I called Paula, my wife. Told her were I was located, she was coming down.<BR>I handed the phone back to them. <BR>They asked if I wanted to call someone else...I told them I don't know. I don't know who to call....maybe a tow truck. They said how about 911 and get a cop out there.<BR>I thought oh yeah, that might be a good idea.<BR>His wife calls 911, as her husband and I go to the truck.<P>He informs me that both he and his wife are paramedics. We get to the drop off, he is shining his flashlight down there. His light hits the truck several times but he cant see it. I say right there. He is like, oh yeah, that is a truck isn't it.<P>I say the only thing I need out of my truck is my glasses. He goes down and retrieves them for me. He comes up, and says that I should not be alive.<P>The cops get there. I'm talking to one of them then......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip. Another car sliding on the ice. It's my wife I yell. It is. She pulls through it. I have never, ever been so glad to see that woman. We meet and hug and cry. I take her over to where she could see the truck. She was looking right at it but didnt realize it.<P>One cop goes down and gets my tag number. He comes up and says that I should be going away in a body bag.<P>The tow truck gets there. Gets the truck right side up. Then precedes to get it up onto the road. <P>When the truck gets into plain view, the reality of it hits Paula and I.<P>The one cop that went down to get my tag number walks over and says that it worse than he thought. I'm very lucky.<P>Paula took me to the hospital. I had 15 xrays done. Neck, back, left hip. <BR>No broken bones. Major soft tissue damage. No lacerations.<BR>I was on the hospital bed. Paula looks up to the wall. They have a heart monitor there. Its on, but not hooked up to anyone, so it is flat lining. I look at Paula and say that should be me. We both break down. We agree that it is a shame for something like this to happen to make you realize how much you really appreciate someone. I told her that I'm glad that she is not getting a call from my mom.<P>I have heard this over and over. I'm sure you all have too. <BR>I need to say it. TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED, IN AN INSTANT IT CAN ALL BE GONE.<P>I wrestled with the devil tonight, and won this time.<BR>I seen death's face, and I seen him grin at me. I got the last laugh.....this time. I'm alive.<P>You know I got a new lease on life this morning. When the Creator protected this soul, who is writing you this email, from deaths grip. <P>I have realized how important things are today that were not important yesterday<BR>I have also realized how things that were important yesterday are not important today.<P>If you have a friend, or a loved one you have been thinking about calling on the phone, or going to visit them.<BR>Get off the computer and do it right now. You may not have the chance later on. <BR>Tell the people you love, that you love them. You may not get the chance to tell them, and they may not the chance to hear it.<P>You have to live life to the fullest, today. There may not ever be a tomorrow. One day, for all of us, there will never be another tomorrow.<P>You know. I hurt in places I didnt even know I had. I hurt all over. Thats alright though. I'm alive. <P>I'm alive to see another day.<BR>I'm alive to pet and play with my cats.<BR>I'm alive to go out to eat with my mom and step-dad.<BR>I'm alive to see another sunset.<BR>I'm alive to see the flowers I planted last fall<BR>I'm alive to watch the birds as the come to my bird feeders<BR>I'm alive to tell my wife how much I love her as a person and a friend<BR>I'm alive to tell you what happened to me this morning<BR>I'm alive to watch the sun as it travels across my living room floor<BR>I'm alive........<BR>If the Creator is willing, I will see the moon tonight.<P>I still cant get the feeling of knowing that I should have died this morning out of my head. Things like this do happen in slow motion.<BR>I cant forget the smell of the mud.<BR>I cant forget sounds that the truck made when it connected with the earth<BR>I cant forget that welcoming voice....Bud, You alright?<BR>I cant forget.....<BR>Nor do I want to. They will be forever etched into my mind.<P>I love you guys. <BR>Someone told me today that when things are going wrong in your life, it is God throwing pebbles at you to get your attention. If you keep ignoring it, he will throw a brick. I think he threw a cinder block at me. He now has my attention.<BR>Here is the link to my wrecked truck pics <A HREF="http://www.ccrc1.org/worlds.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ccrc1.org/worlds.htm</A> <P>This happened Sunday morning.<p>[This message has been edited by broken_in_east_TN (edited February 20, 2001).]

#682916 02/20/01 07:42 AM
N
NSR Offline
N
{broken_in_east_TN},<P>God has blessed you...<BR>...and there is so much more to come.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#682917 02/20/01 08:22 AM
S
S
Thank God you made it! Yer lucky it buckled over the passenger side and not the driver side!

#682918 02/20/01 09:46 AM
W
W
Hi Tennessee,<P>I can hardly find words. Here's a big THANK YOU to God for your life. I'm glad you are ok, what a shock. Take care.<P>------------------<BR><BR>Kathy

#682919 02/20/01 12:18 PM
C
C
I have had two accidents - one a car wreck and one a hot air baloon crash - when I shut my eyes and waited to die. And I walked away from both of them. After the first one, I was convinced that God had a reason for my walking away. After the second one, I was even more convinced. I still am not sure what my purpose for being here is, but I know there must be one.<P>I'm so glad to know you're safe and I do hope that all goes well for you. I know from experience that this can be a turning point in your life. Perhaps it will be one for your wife as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation