Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#683238 02/22/01 09:39 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I got the letter in the mail. Clod and plain as it is. As of 16Feb I am divorced.<P>I really have no feelings yet because the loss of my uncle still has my emotions overpowered.<P>I am certain it will catch up in due course but today I feel nothing about it.<P>I did what Steve Harlety suggested and in the end I am ok. I don't know what more to say about it...<P>Love you guys,<P>Bill

#683239 02/22/01 09:51 PM
G
G
I am sorry to hear of your news.<P>I vacillate between wanting it to be over and asking her if she is committed to her present course of action.<P>Or maybe this is just a bad day for me.<P>Keep the faith. You will be OK.

#683240 02/22/01 10:03 PM
S
S
<B>WiallamJ</B><P>My dear friend, you know how I feel. I can only offer this at this moment.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{WiallamJ}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>You know I love you and care. Just as so many others do here a MB.<P>Know you are in my thoughts and prayers.<P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited February 22, 2001).]

#683241 02/22/01 10:04 PM
M
M
Bill,<P>I'm not sure whether to say I'm sorry or what??<P>Hey! You got the letter today and today is the 15th anniversary of my first date with A$$! What a coincidence! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>You know, as well as I do, that you'll be ok. There may be some tough days ahead, but you'll get thru them just like you have everything else. <P>You're one of the good guys!<P>Love ya,<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#683242 02/22/01 10:48 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
Bill...<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Bill}}}}}}}}}}}}}},<P>I'm sorry we couldn't get together when you were up here...<P>You have my heart and my prayers.<P>You've done all you can...<BR>...and can't live by or through your xW's failings.<P>You know God is by your side...<BR>...as are we.<P>...even now... <B>You are not alone</B>!<P>...even now... <B>You are loved</B>!<P>I too will join you...<BR>...on March 19th... at 1:30PM... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>But I too...<BR>...know I gave it my all<BR>...know that God has given me a different road<BR>...know my duty to my children<P>...and have all your well wishes<BR>......(as I wish for you)<BR>...as we are much more than kindred spirits on this earth... and even more in the above.<P>Love and peace to you my brother...<BR>...always... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#683243 02/22/01 10:52 PM
R
RWD Offline
R
Bill,<P>Sorry to hear the sad news. It does get easier. I actually talked to x today and it was like I was talking to another one of the kid's friend's parents. Nothing more, nothing less.<P>Hang in !!<P>God Bless,<P>Bob

#683244 02/22/01 10:59 PM
711 Offline
There really isn't anything right to say in this situation. It is tough no matter how you look at it.<P>I'm sorry that you are going through all of this with the rest of us. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.<P>Jennifer

#683245 02/22/01 11:10 PM
C
C
Well, you were married one day longer than I was! <P>Really, though, don't look at it as an end, look at it as a new beginning. As it was with your uncle, you had no control over the situation, and nothing to do now but move on. Like a death in the family, there is nothing you can do but go on with your life as best you can. <P>I remember when a good friend of mine died in a horrible car accident. At the funeral, his parents had something interesting to say. They said "we had him for 25 wonderful years...we would be greedy if we asked for more." <P>I've adopted their attitude since then. Every day above ground is a gift. Like you, I've been divorced for a week. But I don't look upon myself as a failure. I just goofed once...when I got married. No big deal, I know guys (like my FIL) who have been married 3 or 4 times. At least I'm par for the course!<P>You are too. Think about what you're going to do with your freedom. The future is all yours from here. Carpe diem, William!

#683246 02/22/01 11:26 PM
G
G
(((((Bill)))))

#683247 02/23/01 12:45 AM
B
B
Guillaum mon cher,<P>something and someone a whole lot more wonderful is coming along for you--just be patient and do the right things. And count your many blessings, and thank God for them. You do have many of them. You will look back on this someday and know that you won bigtime in the end.<P>Je vous aime<BR>Marie<p>[This message has been edited by Bernzini (edited February 22, 2001).]

#683248 02/23/01 12:57 AM
J
J
Bill,<P>It's just another step in the process we are all going through. You will still have your ups and your downs, but day by day, things should get a little easier.<P>Just keep on keeping on. You are going to be fine.<P>-Shawn

#683249 02/23/01 04:20 AM
M
M
Hey Dude,<P>Another one bites the dust, huh? Well, you tried your best and your conscience is clean. Sorry, I know you were fighting with yourself going back and forth about her and the M. GEEZ, that sounds familiar.<P>It is sad to see the end of a M. I know when Val [living with Brian] got the final decree in the mail she called me on my cell and was crying. Wondered if she could still call me since we are now D. Silly rabbit!<P>It seems now that the pressure is off [not being H and W and/or wanting to reconsile] we get along better than we had in the last few previous years. She calls and we laugh and tease each other. Maybe she wants to start dating again?<P>Take care Buddy. Wishing us all the Best.<P>Zippy

#683250 02/23/01 05:55 AM
L
L
{{{{{{{{{{{{{Bill}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>I'm sorry, my friend. <P>Love,<P>Lori

#683251 02/23/01 07:17 AM
B
B
Hi Bill,<P>love you heaps - <P>take care of you, and know that I'm thinking of you.<P>Jo xxxxxxxx

#683252 02/23/01 08:58 AM
S
S
William, mon ami......je pense de toi....<P> <P><B>"Ripple"</B><P><BR> If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine<BR> And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung<BR> Would you hear my voice come through the music<BR> Would you hold it near as it were your own?<P> It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken <BR> Perhaps they're better left unsung<BR> I don't know, don't really care <BR> Let there be songs to fill the air<P> <P> Ripple in still water<BR> When there is no pebble tossed<BR> Nor wind to blow <P> Reach out your hand if your cup be empty<BR> If your cup is full may it be again<BR> Let it be known there is a fountain<BR> That was not made by the hands of men <P> There is a road, no simple highway<BR> Between the dawn and the dark of night<BR> And if you go no one may follow <BR> <B>That path is for your steps alone</B><P> You who choose to lead must follow<BR> But if you fall you fall alone<BR> If you should stand then who's to guide you?<BR> If I knew the way I would take you home<P><BR><I><BR>("Ripple" composed and written by Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter. Reproduced by arrangement with Ice Nine Publishing<BR>Co., Inc. (ASCAP))</I><P>William...I'm holding you in my heart.....<BR>you are much loved mon ami....<P>Dylan<BR>

#683253 02/23/01 11:25 AM
T
T
Bill,<P>I'm not sure what to say. Words of encouragement in this situation are hard for me to express. <P>One time you said something like...We aren't better people BECAUSE of divorce, we can be better people in spite of divorce.<P>I don't consider divorce a blessing, yet we are forced to overcome it nonetheless. It's not fair. We all have an idea what the "ideal" outcome will be, but I do know for a fact that you did everything humanly possible and somehow managed to remain loving till the end. I'm so very proud of you. My thoughts are with you, dearest Bill.

#683254 02/23/01 11:30 AM
S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WilliamJ:<BR><B>I got the letter in the mail. Clod and plain as it is. As of 16Feb I am divorced.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Y'know, I never even received notice of the results of the final hearing July 19? I've just taken XW's word that we are actually divorced (shoemaker [lawyer] goes barefoot here [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ). Opposing counsel should have mailed me a copy, but he didn't.<P>Better to have the paper than be in limbo here. I guess I should go to the courthouse and pay the $2 for my own copy.<P>It will get easier with time.<P>{{{{WilliamJ}}}}

#683255 02/23/01 07:09 PM
J
J
Bill,<P>You know I love you right? I'm so proud to call you a friend and I admire you so much. You gave it all you had and now you can walk away without any regrets!!<P>Sending Hugs and Prayers Your Way....<P><P>------------------<BR><B>God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

#683256 02/23/01 07:20 PM
R
R
I am so sorry Bill, mine will be final in April. You are in my prayers.<BR>Can I say it..... Divorce Sucks!!!<P>Take Care,<BR>Petrie<P>

#683257 02/24/01 10:52 AM
S
SDS Offline
S
Bill,<BR>I am sorry to here about your divorce, but now it is time to go forward. You did everything right, everything you could. She made the choice you gave her every chance. My dear friend I think of you often, know that you are loved and in my prayers. <BR>Hugs<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation