Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#68934 03/01/99 03:05 PM
D
Doug Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Kauai:<br>Although it would be very easy to do so, to my knowledge nobody in these forums has called you a 'putz', 'stupid', or suggested you 'put a bullet to your head'. Please extend the same courtesy that has been shown to you. Thanks.

#68935 03/01/99 03:08 PM
C
C
Thank you Doug - I too responsed to him in another post for calling someone stupid. I wondered why the moderators haven't kicked him out yet.

#68936 03/01/99 03:18 PM
D
Doug Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Kauai:<p>And courtesy is the foundation of civilized society. Please do not attempt to cover THAT light.

#68937 03/01/99 03:43 PM
K
K Offline
K
kauai,<p>I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from rude remarks and sweeping generalizations on threads where you obviously hadn't bothered to read the background.<p>You are entitled to your opinions, but learning to phrase those opinions in a less confrontational manner would probably be a good exercise for you. And if you've read the entry screen for the forum here, it states that you should have read the basic concept materials on this website. I haven't seen much evidence in your posts that would suggest that you have.<p>There are people here who seem to have the same questions and problems: and they are looking for help. Instead of getting annoyed by the repetitiveness of the situation, try using your "education" to suggest a different slant that may help them see the situation from a different perspective. Without being abusive, derogatory, or giving bad advice.

#68938 03/01/99 04:01 PM
B
B
Kauai:<p>You said in one of your earlier posts that "respect is earned". Take a lesson from yourself.

#68939 03/01/99 04:06 PM
C
C
Kauai:<br>This is a Forum Board for people "to" post grievances. These people ARE getting help - here, from one another. Ever hear of Friends helping Friends? Thats what we're doing here. Maybe you are on the wrong forum post?

#68940 03/01/99 05:55 PM
M
M
Everyone,<p>I was on another forum where users like Kauai showed up, they were from a board called antisocial.com and purposely made ignorant remarks to hurt and insult (in the name of "freedom of speech") ...this was "fun" for them... the moderator there advised everyone to just ignore them. Some were eventually banned because of EXTREMELY unacceptable behavior due to the content of the forum. <p>As long as we feed his folly he'll continue, if we ignore him he'll go play somewhere else. We all know to whom he will eventually have to answer anyway. <p>[This message has been edited by mostlylurking (edited 03-01-99).]

#68941 03/15/99 01:56 AM
G
G
Kauai;<P>I feel the great anger and pain you are going through. Hurting is not easy for any of us. There are many loving and wise people who read and post here. Reach out for their understanding. They will offer you a hand in help. <P>Please, please, please remember that there are also others out there who are going through what you are. Some of them are not as strong as you are. Would you deliberately cause another human to suffer, just to express your own suffering? I beg you to show compassion for your fellow man.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation