Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hello everyone...<BR>I don't post a lot anymore, but I still lurk from time to time. Just to warn you that this may turn into a ramble, and is just basically some random thougths strung together... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (I'm Never long winded [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<P>I was reading Peoplepleaser's thread on her lost identity, and bonnet's reply... and it made me think about a few things.<P>Yes, we've been dropped into this mess, without wanting to be, or knowing in advance...<BR>It's kind of like the armed forces survival training. They are dropped off in the middle of no where, and are expected to survive and find their way out... <P>We've been plunged unaware and unprepared into this hell, and now we have to find the resources (external and internal) to be able to fight our way out, and to survive the journey. It's kind of like "Surviaval Training for Life" (0r the rest of our lives..).<P>One thing that I had dreams (OK, Nightmares) about when I was first dropped into this darkness was that it was like being in a bomb drop zone... everything I used to navigate had been distroyed, leaving gaping holes and distruction. Maybe Nuclear Holicost is a better discription. The way I felt at the time is how I imagined something like that would feel.<P>The overwhelming feelings of confussion, disorientation, and shock... the need to survive battling with the desire to just lay down and give up. Knowing that life would never be the same again, and having to relearn old skills or adapt new ones. Not knowing where you are, missing what was there, trying to avoid traps and potential explossions... <P>It really is a War Zone... emotionally and physically (for some of us at least). Looking at your life and the distruction around you... feeling helpless.<P>One thing we all have in common is the desire to survive... to make it through the distruction and chaos. To find the resources to help us work our way out of this mess, to not only come through it, but to come through it stronger, with new skills, new self appreciation, and to rebuild our lives to be better and stronger than before... if rebuilding with our spouse, or alone... the goal is the same... to rebuild and find peace and happiness... to be bigger, better and stronger than before.<P>Being able to find the strength to grow and learn, to try, to have setbacks, to learn. These are the things we all have in common, if we are the Vetrans in this war, or the newest recruits. <P>We also have an advantage over many who find themselves plunged into the darkness... we have <B>each other</B>. There is strength in numbers, not just in numbers, but in support, strength, wisdom, caring and sharing. We lean on each other when we need support, we support in return, we offer knowledge, advice, love and friendship. Working together, we will all emerge from this "Survival Training"... and we will be stronger and smarter, better able to cope, better able to care...<P>Sometimes, we must walk back into the darkness to help someone else find their way out... for many of us, reading new posts and finding the strenght to post, to offer works, advice or just a caring words takes us back to those feeling we had... But we use that to help someone else find their way... and we walk out with them...even stronger.<P><BR>Like the Phoenix rising from the ashes... <P>Ok, enough of my rambling thoughts... I'm not sure if this is ment as encouragment or thanks. But I know for a fact that I would not be where I am today if it wern't for everyone here... be you an old timer or a newbie. <P>I've found myself again... I've found happiness from within, and I think I've finally gotten out of the darkness. I'm not just starting to rebuild... I started rebuilding the day this all started... but I'm finally starting to see the results. <P>Thanks for letting me ramble on this way... and if you've kept reading this far, thank you for trying to wade through this mess. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Love, Peace, Thoughts & Prayers,<BR>Dawnetta<P>------------------<BR>There are deep sorrows and killing cares in life, but the encouragement and love of friends were given us to make all difficulties bearable. <BR>-- John Oliver Holmes<P>The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.<BR>-- Elie Wiesel

S
S
Amen to that. Nothing more, nothing less.<BR>Great thoughts...<P>God Bless,<BR>Mike<P>------------------<BR>God always waits for the right time to do the right thing in the right way.

R
R
Dawnetta,<P>That was as beautiful as the sight of a Butterfly emerging from the darkness of the cocoon.....<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Desiree<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

M
M
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Butterfly:<BR><B>Yes, we've been dropped into this mess, without wanting to be, or knowing in advance...It's kind of like the armed forces survival training. They are dropped off in the middle of no where, and are expected to survive and find their way out... <BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No kiddin! Like the ultimate "reality show" but with no $1,000,000 reward at the end and not getting the luxury of getting voted out of the mess! HA!<P>Good thoughts!<BR>Aloha,<BR>Mrs.O<P>

711 Offline
True True!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 653 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation