Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
And I have a date. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Before you get too excited, it is with my friend S____. We have known each other for 19 years. Used to work together. Drifted apart years ago and were brought back together after her husband died of AIDS and my then-stbx announced he wanted a divorce. She and her husband had married on Valentine's Day as had my x and I. So, every year we go out and celebrate survival. Sure beats staying home alone. <p>But [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] this year I really get to buy a Valentine for a man [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] . And maybe pick out a gift. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] And maybe get a gift. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>As little Shirley Temple would have said, "Oh, my goodness! Oh, my gracious!"<p>Too bad that Diplomat lives in a far kingdom. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img]

C
OP Offline
C
Finished the shopping. Sent it off today by means of the Royal Courier. <p>That was the most shopping fun I have had in ages.<p>I got to buy a Valentine for a man who really likes me. <p>Now I just need a babysitter for my date.

M
M
Cinderella,<p>I got to buy a Valentine too! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]
Isn't it great?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Although, I couldn't wait til Valentine's day to give it to him and gave it to him Wednesday, so...now I get to buy another one! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

C
OP Offline
C
Life could be worse. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>For the first time since 1974, I think I have a Valentine who actually likes me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Of course, this handsome diplomat lives TOO far away. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img]

T
T
Is so good to hear you all have a valentine to celebrate! This is so good to hear from you girls, that valentines will mean so much this year. Good luck with the gifts you select!

B
B
Me Too! Me Too! Me Too!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Isn't the excitement great... and the anticipation. And I already know what my Valentine is... we are going on a weekend trip, with WARM weather and some fun outdoor activities. Now I have to trudge through the snow to get to my summer cloths. <p>This sure beats the heck out of an electric can opener [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Smooches,
B

E
E
Oooh, ladies (and gents) ... I need help!!<p>Well, that's not exactly a news flash. :/<p>It is my first Valentine's Day with my old/new boyfriend since our first first in '88 and I don't know WHAT TO GIVE HIM!!<p>He wants to take me to a nice dinner, and a movie of MY choice. I don't really want him to spend much on me ... we are both, uh, "financially disadvantaged" at this time ... I would be just as happy with a night with no kids, curled up on the couch, with candles burning and a video to watch. Maybe some ice cream and chocolate syrup too ...<p>I *wish* I had the money for an overnight stay at a nicer hotel with a jacuzzi in the room ... that's what I'd REALLY like ... where I just moved to, there is a rule of "no unrelated opposite sex visitors after 11 pm" and neither of us wants to end our evening that early ... can't go back to his place ... don't know of anyone who will be "out of town" for the weekend ... *sigh*<p>Remember when you were first "in love" and could hardly stand to be apart for two or three days at a time? Well, we are still there, and it's been almost a week ... I'm having a 'down' day and need help with ideas!!

E
E
Gosh, I can really silence a thread.<p>LADIES, what are you getting your MEN for the big day!!?<p>I asked my BF what he wanted, he just held me closer and said "you" ... no hints there! I told him how I thought about doing the 'name a star' thing, and how I read more about it being something of a scam, and told him they might as well ALL have his name already, because when I see stars, I always think of the first time he told me he wanted to make love under the stars ...<p>Well, Astronomy Magazine is my only idea ... HELP!!!

C
OP Offline
C
Not real inventive today. <p>Could you send him some flowers?<p>I would recommend going to the florist with a star shaped dish or seeing if they have one and send those white mum, I think they're called spider mums. They remind me of stars.

R
R
Hello Ladies, Im very happy that so many have something fun to look forward too. I have to do devotions at work this week and am doing it on Love. First and foremost our Lord's love , but also on giving love to others. If you are alone this Valentines, try to do someting extra special for someone else. It will help them feel good and you as well. As for me, my stbx is in 2nd affair. Since his first OW went off and got married while he and I "reconciled", he became very depressed and started an EA with his first time Love. I knew that was dangerous but he said they were just friends . Well now that we are separated he has become increasing ly close to her. First Love is such a powerful thing. Im happy for you Princess, but it is so sad thinking of my stbx with someone else on Valentines Day.<p>[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: rosita ]</p>

C
OP Offline
C
Valentine's day dredges up a lot of stuff for me.<p>-x and I married on Valentine's day
-1st child was conceived within days of Valentine's Day
-2nd child was born 3 days after Valentine's day
-it was right around Valentine's day when x told me that he had seen an atty about getting a divorce<p>But I have survived. And tonight I get to talk to the Diplomat from the far kingdom and open my valentine's gift. First heartfelt thing I have had from a man since 1994. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation