Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7455 09/04/99 12:38 AM
N
nowwhat Offline OP
OP Offline
N
My husband had a brief affair with his secretary. I found out about it and confronted him. He initially said our marriage was hopeless. Then the next day I guess he thought about the ramifications of it and said he wanted to work on it for the sake of the kids. We have 2 children and one on the way. Ages 2,5 and due in Nov. The OW agreed to look for another job, but is still there every day. Do I kick him out? Do I try to work on the marriage and hope we get our love back? Will he ever get over the 'feelings' he has for this OW? What do I do?

N
N
Dear Nowwhat,<BR>Thank your lucky stars that your h wants to work on the marriage. Most of us here are not that fortunate. Find yourselves a good marriage counselor, read everything from marriage builders, get the book Surviving an Affair, and post here when you need encouragement. I truly believe that marriages can be made stronger after an affair if both partners want that. Don't give up now.This won't be easy but with knowledge and time you can do this.

T
T
Noel's right. My advice would be to do what you have been doing, only better. Odviously you've been doing what was right, or he wouldn't want to try and work on the marriage?<P>Plan A for you, my friend! No lovebusters! <P>God Bless.

S
S
Ditto here...read the book and in the meantime everything that is on this site in the infidelity department. Not just the forum area. Tons of information here.<P>No love busters, pray and we'll pray with you.<P>Dig deep for all the love you have. Your going to need it but, it will be worth it in the end. In the meantime know we are here for you.<P><P>------------------<BR>God bless you and all of us.<P>Samantha<BR>

Y
Y
Noel is right...follow her advise.<P>And let me ask.....why the h*ll do they do this crap when we are pregnant and vulnerable?<P>------------------<BR>Joan

G
G
NW,<P>Fire that secretary. He doesn't need her there that bad!<P>Dragonfly

N
nowwhat Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks for your advice everyone, he still professes to have feelings for this woman and doesn't know if he'll ever get our love back. Is this part of the process or am I hoping for nothing?

W
W
nowwhat<BR>Yes it is part of the process. Don't lose patience. My H told me early on that he wished he could just turn off his feelings for the OW. It is a slow process but there are many success stories here. <BR>Kat1 has a wonderful success story. I will try to find it for you.<BR>You can persevere. Count all the things you have going for you. Your H wants to go forward with you. This is a real bonus. <BR>i know it is scary now. Read everything you can on this site. Keep posting.<BR>I wish I had found this forum earlier. There are so many wonderful people here.<BR>You will get through this. Learn all that you can. You are hoping for everything - for all the right reasons!!!!

L
L
Listen to everyone. They're right. You can make this work. You can make it better. The advice here is good. Take in one day, one minute at a time and start Plan A. Just be ready for a really bumpy ride. Wishing you luck and love....<P>Lori

W
W
I found Kat's story and brought it to the top. Every one should read of this lady's courage!!!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation