Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Well, just when I thought I could be hurt no more, my D-13 drops the bomb on me and says she now wants to live w/ mom....after all I have been through in fighting for them all...I am devaststed...This is the D that hated mom just 10 days ago...my WW has managed to be the disney mom while I am the evil accountability parent....You know the drill, clean your room, get off the computer, those pants are too tight, finnish your homework...etc...It is sad because my WW is really after the money that would come w/ this...but guess what, I am not gonna play the game..if she wants to go, then so be it...I will love her just the same....I must admit, I grow to have less and less love for my WW as she manipulates the kids....Anyway, just needed to share...I know D is only 13, but it hurts no less...my WW has turned them against counseling, church and now some how I feel against me..I have been trying to save us all for a year...

A
A
Dear Amazing Grace,

Hold on. Make NO decisions until everyone calms down. I have a little experience with this. As much as we love our children, they can really manipulate this situation, especially when mom/dad do not have a good post-divorce relationship.

I have two teens at home, 15 & 17. They have both played the "I want to live with dad" card. The only time they have tried this is when they were upset with me about a punishment I gave them like a grounding. I've heard it two or three times from the oldest (a girl) when she got grounded and when I took her car away. I heard it just once I think from my son (15) when he got in some trouble at school.

I was really hurt when the kids said this to me, but I tried really hard not to over-react. I told them that I have some divorce papers saying they live with me, and if they want to go live with dad they have to tell it to a Judge. Maybe this was mean, but I'm not going to have them leave my home on a whim. I know in my heart that this is the place for them, as you know your home is for your daughter. Don't let her pull the strings, especially not at such a young age.

My kids do not really want to go to dad - they know it and so do I. I just gave them the perfect out so they could back down...I said no.

My former husband is a Disney dad too, but OW-fiancee seems to be putting a stop to the amount of money he was spending on them. They are a long way from their friends out there, and are bored and long to come home on dad's weekends.

Just sit back. I know it hurts like he!!, but give this a little time. She is with you for a reason.

allison

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation