Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7754 09/04/99 04:11 PM
N
OP Offline
N
My question: h left yesterday for his new apartment "to just think and decide what to do,definitly going to be alone". This is after a month on the fence. I believe ow gave him an ultimatum. He gave me an address. About midnight I went to check it out. His apartment is in the same town as ow. Found the address. but no apartment. On the internet, I found the address in the next town. Should I check? He took lamp, sleeping bag, snack food and books. No clothes. He has been very confused.His best friend thinks they may be in the camper that he rented from her family, during his previous leaving, for the weekend. Do I check that out? I don't like snooping, but I hate the lies and I want the truth. But, I don't want to undo the work I tried to do with plan a during the past month he was home. HELP. Anyone who has been there, what is right? Maybe it does't matter since he already left.

#7755 09/04/99 04:32 PM
B
B
Noel, I have never been in this situation, so I don't know the best way to handle it. I do know that I would want to know the truth. I have found that it is easier to know the truth, no matter how painful, than to live with the lies and the unknown. Do what you think is best for you, and good luck. I truly hope you find him alone.

#7756 09/04/99 04:52 PM
D
Dhj Offline
D
Noel - <P>I agree. You need to do what is best for you. He is telling you one thing and you think he is doing something else. Thats hard. <P>My H left this week - to think, gain perspective, be with "her", etc.. The way I see it my H left us. That means he does not answer to me and I do not answer to him. I hate it, but I don't want to hear what he is doing and he better not ask me what I am doing. He is none of his business. Granted I am not with someone else, but it is still none of his business. <P>Take care of yourself - don't ask questions that force him to lie. Do what is right for you. Let him screw up and hope he comes back to reality!<P>Good luck - keep us posted. <P>

#7757 09/04/99 06:35 PM
R
R
Noel,<BR>I agree with everyone else.... Do what you feel is right... For me I am resolved that no matter what, I will not go over to my W new place. Because....<P>1. If she is not there then I will wonder where she is and what she is doing.<P>2. If she is there, Is she alone ?<P>3. What good does it do me to torture myself with even checking up on her ?? She will do what she wants anyway.... Regardless of what I find out or say.<P>I have to believe what she tells me now anyway until she gives me a reason not to. So far she hasen't. I have given her every opportunity to tell me everything and she appears to be honest.... So far.<P>I know about the lies, It hurts. But ask yourself if the need to know outwieghs the pain of further discovery.....<P>------------------<BR>Rutger......One day at a time.<P><BR>

#7758 09/04/99 11:32 PM
K
K
Dear Noel:<BR>Give him time to think things out. He hasn't decided anything yet, has he? I wouldn't go trying to find anything out until he has made some type of decision. This is, of course, my personal opinion. Sounds like he has to sort some stuff out. I really don't know why he left in the first place or I would continue with my advice. But, can't offer too much advice since I really don't know our story.<BR>Why did he leave?

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation