Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7759 09/04/99 07:04 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
What do you with a father who is refusing to pay child support. This man claims has no money yet. Just last month on the last day, he pulled out twenty dollars and handed it to me. I said what's this, he said he doing his part. Ah! Can you image, 20.00 for two children for a month? He grosses at least forty a year and has not been claiming it on his income tax. I have a pre trial on Oct. but he's given the children 479.00 in total support for the last six months. He comes to visit the kids, and told me that the travel costs should be reflected in his contribution for the children's support. AH! I hate him. I hate this. Any ideas?<p>[This message has been edited by CarolG (edited September 04, 1999).]

#7760 09/04/99 10:37 PM
S
S
His travel expenses have nothing to do with making sure his kids have food in their bellies, clothes on their backs, and a roof over their heads.<BR>I'm not sure if this applies in all states, but check to see if he can lose his driver's license or any professional license he may hold. In some states, he can be imprisoned until he coughs up the entire amount of back child support due.<BR>Our daughter will be facing her ex in court later this month over his failure to pay child support. Last fall, he voluntarily agreed to pay an extra $50/week to go toward the amount in arrears, and his agreement was approved by the court. He also agreed to keep our daughter notified of any change in employment or address. He paid the extra child support (garnished from his wages according to the court order) for about 2 months. She hasn't received any money from him since February. He hasn't been to see his son since before Christmas, and he only lives 25 miles away. What a JERK!!! So, we don't really figure that he'll come up with any money by the court date, but at least he won't be enjoying his freedom. He will probably be imprisoned until he manages to come up with some money. We feel like that will be for quite a while.... Our daughter said that she might not get any money out of taking him to court, but that at least he won't be out having a good time on his paycheck every weekend.<BR>Nail his @$$ to the wall!!!

#7761 09/05/99 12:02 AM
K
K
Dear Carol:<BR>Just a thought, but, can't you hire a private investigator to do a report on him to find out where he works, how much he makes and with this report take it to court. Show the court (and your lawyer) that he has not been claiming this on his income tax. Also, get him for the arrears. Some men have alot of nerve!!!! They have children but don't want to raise them, support them. How could he even face his children knowing that he doesn't even pay for their clothing, schooling, food, heat, hot water, etc... Let me know what you think about a private eye idea. I know of women who have posted their H's pictures all over town with a large title above his head, "DEAD BEAT DAD WANTED FOR CHILD SUPPORT". How embarrassing to see your own face plastered everywhere for child support. But, hey, they put themselves in that situation.

#7762 09/06/99 10:11 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Thankyou, very much!<BR>I do know where the SOB works, it's just the matter of getting him to fork over some monwey for his kids. I like the idea of posting his picture all over town. I live in Canada, I think it's harder for find a private eye. Thanks, I'm really bothered by this cheap SOB. I'll keep you p[osted. <BR>

#7763 09/08/99 05:47 PM
Y
Y
I know in NJ, you can have your spouse arrested for unwillful to pay support if they are working. I would look into the laws where you live.<P>Laws are changing every day for child support. The government is finally realizing that our kids are important.<P>Then contact a lawyer (free consultion) and ask his advice.<P>Good luck.

#7764 09/08/99 05:48 PM
Y
Y
I know in NJ, you can have your spouse arrested for unwillful to pay support if they are working. I would look into the laws where you live.<P>Laws are changing every day for child support. The government is finally realizing that our kids are important.<P>Then contact a lawyer (free consultion) and ask his advice.<P>Good luck.

#7765 09/08/99 06:14 PM
L
L
Is contacting his employer and garnishing his wages an option?

#7766 09/08/99 08:33 PM
Y
Y
I think you have to have approval from the courts first.<P>

#7767 09/09/99 06:06 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
I'm taking him to court in October. I hope it works out. He was just served with papers, and freaked out, he refuses to talk to me or his children. Quote " Talk to your laywer, and I will send him a letter about when, and where he will see the kids. Because, after all he has done for me, he has bent over backward to accomodate me & the kids. He can't believe that I'm so spiteful, to take him to court."<P>So I will see what happens. Just another example of his controlling and abusive ways.<P>Thanks for all your insight.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation