Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#781481 01/02/05 05:44 PM
A
OP Offline
A
So, if my divorce decree specifies supervised visits only for my ex and the kids; should I allow him telephone time with them? I think he uses that time to manipulate them verbally; and they can never remember what he said afterwards.

He refuses counseling or supervised visits.

Not sure what to do; not specified in the decree.

#781482 01/02/05 06:17 PM
Supervized visits would include *supervized* phone calls.

#781483 01/02/05 06:27 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I agree.....so should they be supervised by a "qualified" person then? I sure don't want to supervise....that puts me as the "bad guy" when he tells them something that's blatantly not true; or tries to tell them they don't get their presents cuz I won't let him see them....even tho he's at fault for refusing visits. I hate to put my H in that position too; it's not HIS job, nor do I want him to sour his relationship with the kids; which is pretty good right now.

I know all he** will break loose on my ex's part if I tell him no phone calls unless he starts having them supervised....

I do so wish Scotty would beam him up.

#781484 01/02/05 07:42 PM
A
OP Offline
A
He's been emailing tonite asking the kids to call him. What do you think of me sending the following to him:
-----------------------

1. You refuse to consider supervised visits.
2. You refuse to have counseling that involves me and the kids. (note: he is supposed to meet with a counselor and then have the counselor meet with me and the children seperately to determine if unsupervised visits would be healthy and safe)
3. You have decided the kids don't get their presents this year because I'm trying to do the right thing in following the rules that were set up for visits.

And now you want to just chat with the kids........why? So you can continue to feed them misinformation?

Phone visits are still visits. It's not fair to talk to them, lead them on, or run down my husband (my ex calls him "dummy" to the kids) and I; but not make the effort to set up visits and spend real quality time with them.

Please get visits set up before contacting us again.

<small>[ January 02, 2005, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: annasnewlife ]</small>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation