Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
FC,<P>Just wanted to drop a quick, "thanks" for the input. I appreciate it and my prayers are with you and your family.<P>Positive Outlook

J
J
FC,<P>It is so good to hear from you. It seems that your life is getting better. I am glad to hear that you are still with your H. From the sounds of things it is a very complicated and difficult situation, but it sounds as if you are making it work.<P>Of course, we could expect you to be in a complicated situation. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Do come and post when you get the chance.<P>Postive Outlook,<P>You need to know something. Whatever advice I give you good or bad, it is FC's fault. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Her ongoing struggles touched me so deeply that I felt compelled to post here over a year ago. I had been lurking for over 6 months, just learning things. I had no intention of ever posting and really felt I didn't have much to contribute and I may have been right. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] But I could not get her problems out of my mind and even to this day I wonder how it is going. <P>So it is really her fault that I am still or was ever here to bug people with my opinions. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>By the way, I believe that FC has one thing wrong. If you go into the archives, and read her postings, you will find that she touched many peoples hearts, as does your story. I do believe she has given you good advice, go read her story. You will learn alot and you will realize that while you don't feel like it right now, you have a much easier situation than she does/did.<P>Having said that last statement, let me hasten to say, that you situation is by no means easy. It is very difficult and complex.<P>God Bless,<P>JL

N
N
OOO<BR>OOO<BR>OOO<BR>So much love to you JL!<BR>I'd love to write a big, huge update (maybe even "my story" again if the darn thing would stay on the profile, but it keeps getting deleted), but I hardly have a free moment to breathe. I'm glad you are still here and I very deeply appreciate your loving support and prayers. You are a very bright spot in my day today. You made me feel special.<BR>Thanks JL<BR>You are a gift.<P>

J
J
You are more that welcome FC. You really have no idea how many were and still do root for you to find happiness in your life.<P>God Bless,<P>JL

K
K Offline
K
FC:<P>Nice to see you back. How are things between you and your husband? You've made it past your self-imposed deadline, so I'm hoping that things are getting better for the two of you.<P>God bless!

N
N
K & JL,<BR>I am doing okay. Not great, but better than I've been in my past, that's for sure. I am very busy and that keeps me from dwelling on life too much. Also very involved in a program called MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) at my church. Unfortunately, nothing has changed between H and I. But, I'm here to stay because it is the right thing to do. I have "relative" peace with staying, and no peace with leaving. So I am here and trying to make the best of it. This condition, of our marriage, is why I do not post anymore. I got sick and tired of people telling me I had to do more. The fact is, with all honesty, I did all I could. I haven't given up, but I have burned out. In part I've resigned, in part I'm hanging on with all I have left. The point is, I am hanging on and I feel good about that. The best thing is that the relationship between OM and I has really taken a healthy turn and that is very good for all involved (esp. my son). He has obtained legal paternity. It could have been very ugly, but is has turned out to be very positive for S, so far. And, H and I survived that ordeal. God does have a plan here. <P>Anyway, on the marriage front . . . You know the story, so I can say to you "there is only so much one person can do to save a marriage" and I'm sure it makes sense to you.<P>Thanks for asking, for praying, and for caring.<BR>Warmly,<BR>FC

C
CD Offline
C
Positive Outlook,<BR>I just wrote to say I'm jealous. My H was very active in the church until the A, but now just stopped going all together. I miss attending with him.<P><BR>Facing Choices,<BR>Hi! I was just wandering how your H feels about your "healthy relationship" with the OM? The OC in our family also has 3 parents. My H has partial custody. I have to admit that it still bothers me somewhat when H leaves to pick up or drop off OC. If he were to have a relationship with her, it would annoy me. Why is it necessary? I told H I understand he has to be cordial, but I would not understand a friendly ongoing relationship - not at the expense of our marriage. I know you're busy, but if you can find time please explain.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 335 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation