Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
floored Offline OP
OP Offline
F
D-day was about 8 wks ago and W has been gone 7 wks. Is there a time limit to the benefit or harm that separation can cause? I would love for my W to come back, but I also want to make sure that she has the will to work on our marriage and doesn't just get frustrated and quit. Any advice is appreciated.

L
L
Floored I have been asking myself the same question. Our counselor has mentioned separation to us a few times. I believe if both parties want the relationship to work and are 100% committed to doing whatever it takes then separation is NOT the answer. Please keep in mind this is my opinion. Not what may be right for everyone.<P>But if only one party is committed to rebuilding it won't work and I think separation may be key. For the committed party needs to have the time, space and as you put it "out of mind" to be able to heal in the event the WS doesn't come back. Or never fully commits to recovery.<P>I just told my H that I needed this. I didn't want either one of us to fully move out until we know exactly what we are going to do. But that we not see each other or keep our distance for a while or however you look at it. Maybe a room or small place for one the other or both to sleep and share the weekend. I know doesn't make sense. But this is so hard for me when I desperatly want to be with my H. I question my H's committment so I've been forced to make this decision. And it's hard when he's telling me how much he loves me and how much we belong to each other and yet I'm still lied to. Whether the lies are about something physical or a call or just a glance it doesn't matter. The act of lying does more damage than anyone would imagine. It leaves room for speculative answers to questions that only the WS can give. And in the weakened state of the BS the answers could be so outrageous. <P>Anyway I'm carrying on. I believe that if there are feelings left inside someone about their partner that separation wouldn't result in out of sight out of mind. It would only result in a void. If you are in her heart then you will be on her mind. It's only been 8 weeks. So little time. Concentrate on yourself right now. It's a good time to rediscover yourself. Take it day by day. It's a LONG hard road. One I'm still traveling. But things will get better. I believe. I have faith. Take Care. <P>------------------<BR>Lost Soulmate<P>"Character is doing what's right, when no one is looking"<p>[This message has been edited by lostsoulmate (edited October 23, 2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation