Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#792342 02/05/01 05:16 PM
F
floored Offline OP
OP Offline
F
...I relayed the message that my W needed to start giving me some money for the kids? Also, it is time to renew the auto insurance and I really don't feel like paying for her car insurance. My W doesn't seem to have made any decisions, which doesn't surprise me, but I am really starting to struggle financially due to one income now as opposed to two when she was here. Insight needed.<BR>Floored

#792343 02/05/01 08:36 PM
T
T
In my opinion... no, it is not a love buster. If your intent is to keep your family financially stable, then it is ok. If you had all the money you needed and just wanted to make her two the line, well then it would be a love buster. I think it is an act of love to provide a sound financial setting for your family. If your wife was part of that income picture, then it is still her obligation to provide support for the family. If she is not there to help in taking care of children & home, then she should provide what she can to see to it that their lifestyle is not impacted.<P>I tend to work a lot of "what is my true intent". When you question yourself and are honest, you will come up with correct answer most of the time. <P>Take care.. Carolyn

#792344 02/05/01 08:50 PM
F
F
floored, I dont see anything wrong with her getting her own insurance and helping you out with the kids. I dont think its a LB at all she has had more than enough time. Glad your feeling better. with love flowerseed

#792345 02/05/01 10:26 PM
H
H
floored, i don't think it is a love buster if you need the money. she is equally responsible for supporting her children, and she can also get her own car insurance. i think that you do quite enough and she needs to do her part. she can't have it both ways. the OM for her emotional needs and you for financial. i don't mean to sound mean, but enough is enough. you have been so nice for too long. take care.<P><P>------------------<BR>happy_girl

#792346 02/05/01 11:47 PM
T
T
Floored,<P>I agree with what the others have said. The only thing that you will need to consider, being a licensed insurance agent, if you are the owner of the vehicle that your W drives, you will still need to insure it. But, you could take it off your current policy, and have a seperate one started for your W, with her as the person who will pay that bill. Your best bet with that is to talk to your agent about being seperated. I know that when I would quote a policy, we had to ask if the person was married, and if so, were they living together or seperated. If the agent tries to get personal, you can report them for those questions. Depending on your state's laws, you might be rated as single due to the seperation. Again, you should ask your agent about changing the policy, but those are your options as I see them for the car insurance. As for the money for the kids, definately not a LB if it is a need, which I would imagine it is, going from 2 incomes to 1. The only way it would be a LB would be if you were doing it to "get back" at her. Hey, maybe she could pay for the plane ticket for me to come out and B!@#$ slap her. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Just a little humor. Hope I helped a little.<P><BR>Tigger

#792347 02/06/01 05:52 PM
F
floored Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks for the replies. Tigger, if she starts sending me some money, maybe I'll keep a little on the side to pay for that plane ticket!! Seriously though, my W is not working and I have no idea how she would pay for anything. Should I not worry about that? Is that her problem? Even now I worry about how this will impact her and if it will make things hard on her. Why do we BS' put up with this crap? When all of this started I didn't want to even think about starting another relationship from the ground with another woman because it seemed like it would be an enormous undertaking. Now, I feel like continuing my marriage to my W would be harder. I wish I had the wisdom of Solomon right now!! <BR>Floored

#792348 02/06/01 08:38 PM
T
T
I keep praying for Soloman to impose himself in my body and do a little "channeling". So far, no luck. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Ok, time for logic. Since I am an engineer, I am MUCH more logical than anything else. Your W isn't working. Let's pretend she is single. How would she survive? Her parents? Prostitution? Marriage? Who knows. Anyway, she is now stepping out of her marriage and wants to act single. Her choice. You did not kick her out and change the locks. You may not be able to ask her to fork over money (since she doesn't have any), but you can stop being the source of her income. Whatever you can do to stop your income from going into her support, DO IT. This is not in spite. What you need to be doing is preserving your income for your CHILDREN. They are the ones who need your protection. She opted out of being under your protection. Don't feel bad. No LB. If you can stop paying insurance (or drop her from policy) DO IT.<P>Sorry to sound tough Floored. But this is about taking care of your kids. I am NOT wishy-washy in that area. They are first. Period. Everyone else is able to go get a job (or stay with their husband or ask OM to cough up $$). Yes... let OM pay insurance. Ha! I will be waiting on a notice from the devil that things are getting cold down there.<P>Take care... Carolyn

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation