Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#806030 11/19/01 10:36 AM
J
Jules27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I heard of this site in a recent post at I.com and when I visited here I found that this may be the place I fit in a little better. Although I.com was very helpful, there just didn't seem to be many ppl there dealing with the an OC. <p>I have just recently (2 weeks) ago found out about my H one night stand with OW when she called me to inform me she was having my H child.<p>Since this time, I have been digging deep inside of me to do what I can to salvage what is left of my marriage. At first, my H denied everything but has since come clean with the truth. I have made a list of expectations I feel will be the start of this long and agonizing start to working on us. He has agreed to everything and said he will do whatever it takes to make it work and I believe him. But I am still struggling inside wondering if I have what it takes to make this work. We are uncertain if the OC is for sure his and a part of me thinks that if it is I would have to leave. I don't know if I can handle the constant reminder of the A and having horrible feelings towards the oc that is so innocent in all of this.<p>A brief history of me and my H...we have been together for 10 years married for almost 5, he is 29 and I am 27. Two beautiful girls 8 and 3. <p>I guess I'm here one for support and advice from others that are experiencing the same feelings I am. And I would also like to hear if there are couples that have survived this and went on to build a stronger marriage.<p>Thank you for any advice

#806031 11/19/01 11:31 AM
T
T
Jules,<p>Well, I am on the other side of the spectrum, so to speak. I am the one who got pregnant from an A, but my H and I are raising her as our own, with our other 2 children.<p>I just wanted to welcome you and let you know that others will be along soon. There are many wonderful women here, in many different stages of recovery. All of them willing to help in any way they can.<p>Tigger

#806032 11/19/01 12:10 PM
J
Jules27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
tigger<p>Thank you so much for the welcome!
I'm not happy that I'm here but it feels good to know that there is someone to talk to that can relate in one way or another. <p>I went to the bookstore yesterday, and the book I bought "Surviving Infidelity" makes no mention of an A that results in an OC. Have you and your husband been able to locate a book that touches on this?

#806033 11/19/01 02:34 PM
T
T
Hi Jules27,
sorry to have to welcome you to this site under these circumstances.<p>I found out about my H's adultery which resulted in a OC six months ago. It was the result of three incidences of sex within a one month period.
(although I call it three separate one-night stands)
The OW called me herself to tell me. (my story is long and is on this board if you are interested.)<p>My H wanted to give the child up for adoption. We understand that OW didn't. We had a dna test and it didn't rule out my H.(99.5%)<p>We are in marriage counseling. We chose to have no contact with the OC due to the OW being a fatal attraction-like woman (she deliberately got pg with H's child to try to keep him in her life). I do not blame the OC, she is innocent. We had to make some painful decisions that is best for ALL parties involved and that included the four innocent children that are at home with us.<p>You will find here on the boards, people who have chosen contact with their OC and their joys and sorrows. I applaud those that can do that. It takes courage to be able to do that. You will find people who have all sorts of different ways of dealing with their OC/OW. Our decision was made by much thought and prayer. We mutually agreed as per the Joint policy agreement. <p>We pay child support and a percentage of health insurance and that is it. <p>There are many ways to handle this situation. There is nothing set in stone and I had to sit down, pray and really examine myself to decide what I would and would not do. No one way is right or wrong and several wonderful people here made me realize that. There is no "one-size-fits all" for this situation. This is the most painful thing anyone has to face. There will be anger, hatred, love, disgust, sorrow, grief that you feel towards everybody involved...and on some days, the whole world itself! (I know, I feel that way at times). You have a right to your feelings. <p>I will pray for you. I am six months post d-day and I see things getting a little bit better. I have good and bad days.(our OC is two weeks older than H's and my daughter we have together.2 years old)<p>This is a good place to come to for support and advice and to vent. <p>Hope things work out for you. <p>As for finding books on A with OC, I haven't found any...thinking of writing one myself...heh heh...<p>Let me know how you are doing, OK?<p>Hugs,
Twiisty

#806034 11/19/01 02:43 PM
T
T
Jules,<p>Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any books on this subject. I do know that there is one being writen, as I have been a part of that. I don't know when or if it will get published. It will be stories of how couples handled this situation. I'm not sure how many stories will be from my point of view, as most of them will be from W's dealing with H's OC.<p>I would recommend looking into the Harley's books. They are amazing, and even though they do not deal directly with the aspect of the OC, they do deal with your emotions and needs, and are VERY helpful. I wish I had better advice for you, and if/when that other book is out, I will let everyone know it's name and stuff, as I'm sure others will do, if not the author's friend who alerted us to this opprotunity.<p>Tigger

#806035 11/19/01 03:24 PM
J
Jules27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
twiisty<p>Wow! our stories are very similar. I received a phone call 15 days ago from OW telling me she was pregnant with my H child. She says that she thought I already knew but I know that was a lie. She also told me she didn't want anything from my H. But after 2 days of hell with my H lying to me about it ever happening, he finally admitted it to me and told me she had called him not long after the night and told him she thought she was pregnant. He said he begged her to please take care of it he would pay for it and also give her extra $$ but she told him know she was going to have it so she could get more $ out of him!! I just don't know what to think anymore and I will be a mess till the truth comes out b/c my H thinks it could possibly be her H she was married at the time but has since divorced so I just don't know!! The unknown can be torture! My husband, like yours, also wants no contact with oc/ow and he has made that very clear to her but I wonder if that is possible...will he change his mind later in life...again another unknown. It is encouraging to hear that another in my situation is coping and here helping others that so desperately need it. I can't thank you enough you are a very strong woman and I admire that.<p>tigger,<p>That is wonderful that you are sharing your experiences and hopefully (fingers crossed) working with someone on getting a book published that deals with our situation. I would also like to thank you for all your help in this time that I need it..I never thought I would find myself her but then again who does? I am happy to see you and your husband like cdcollins working with what you have and making the best of it its encouraging.

#806036 11/19/01 06:02 PM
J
J
Welcome Jules,
Unfortunately there are no books on OC situations. Ch-support varies by state. Harley stuff highly recommended, esp. the 2 quizzes you can find elsewhere on MB (Emotional Needs and Lovebusters). Another excellent book is After the Affair by Janis Abram Spring. No mention of OC but just great for recovery. We will be happy to share our experiences here re: OC; and you and H will have to make decisions based on your own situation.<p>Prayers for your recovery.
It can be done!
Jenny
recovery 3+years [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#806037 11/19/01 06:28 PM
L
L
Jules27: This is the place to be. I joined this site just weeks after learning of OC. OW was only 2 weeks pregnant at the time of d-day. It's been almost 2 years now and I can honestly say I've come a long way. Personally however not in my marriage. I've fought for 2 years to save my marriage and my H has come up with several more affairs. I don't want to worry you that's just my situation.<p>If your husband truly wants to repair the marriage it truly can be done. Just remember why you chose and fell in love with him. That man is in there somewhere. But try to look forward and come here whenever you need support. I am 30 now almost 31 and I have a 3 year old daughter. When this happened 2 years ago right when I wanted to have another child it was devestating. The OC in my life was born in February of this year. My husband has only seen him a few times and the OW asked that he get out of their lives and let them move on with her new live-in. Anyway keep your head up and stay strong. You little ones need you most of all. Take care of yourself and treat yourself to whatever makes you happy. It will help tremendously. Take Care. LSM

#806038 11/19/01 07:09 PM
J
Jules27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Jenny,<p>Thank you for the suggestions. I have heard a lot of metions on the book "After the Affair" so next trip to the book store I will pick that one up. Also thank you for welcoming me! <p>Lost,<p>I am so sorry to hear about your marriage not going the direction you had hoped for. I read your earlier thread and seen that you are moving to AZ so you and your kids can be with your H. I hope this man sees what an amazingly strong woman you are and makes all the right choices for you and your family...my thoughts will be with you and your family on your move.<p>Jules

#806039 11/19/01 08:21 PM
M
M
Jules27,<p>Hi and unfortunately Welcome to our little family here. I remember how i felt when I first found Marriage builders and began asking questions in this forum. I was uncertain of what to expect but truly it has been a place of refuge for me. I hope we can make it that way for you to by encouraging you and just being there for you whenever you need us.<p>My story goes something like this... H is 28, I am 28, I found out about affair via a cell phone bill, then h told me about her being pregnant 3 weeks later. She is now 4-5 mo. prg and i am basically going through hell that no one deserves to go through, I know you know what i mean. She told my h too similar things like "i am going to get you for everything you have". OW is still in love with my h and still calls him and guilts him into seeing her about the baby, wants her to go to office visits and says that the baby and her are a package deal, that he can't have one without the other. As of recently h told me that he is willing to never see oc/ow again if it means saving marriage, but i have a feeling that will change. We have other issues too, but just wanted to share a little bit with you about my nightmare. <p>I don't know where you are spiritually, but since you already have children, I am certain you can appreciate the miracle of life everyday that you look into their eyes. I don't have any children of my own (1 miscarriage), but I do know that God is more powerful than our trial at hand. For whatever reasons He has allowed this horrible thing to occur in "our" marriages, it is for His purpose, and i am not going to say that I agree with His purpose, but I do trust it and I trust Him. God has soley brought me this far. I found out about oc on Sept 9. It is Nov 19 today and i haven't slept well since, I have fits of rage and nervousness, I am temporarily suicidal, but God doesn't let me out of his reach. He just keeps getting me through the days and I love him for that. I pray right now that He will comfort you and delivers you from this sadness/horror - He is willing and able to get you through this and bless your marriage 100-fold.<p>God Bless, we will get us through this.
Julia<p>[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: mnca6713julia3 ]</p>

#806040 11/19/01 08:37 PM
J
Jules27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Julia<p>Yes, I do know what you mean about going through hell! The emotions I feel change from day to day. I'm only 2 weeks into this but I swear it feels like it has been an eternity with ups and downs that change minute by minute.<p>Before this happened to me, I never even gave thought that someone out there was dealing with something so horrible. When I came here and seen all the hurt but I have also seen the strength that many men and women have and they help by sharing their stories and encouragement. <p>I'm so sorry that you are going through this yourself and I'm not sure of your details but if you would like to share, I am here to listen and lean on like many ppl including yourself have been for me.<p>Thank you for your response

#806041 11/19/01 09:14 PM
U
U
Jules,<p>Like everyone else sorry to find you posting on the board. If you do have to deal with this situation this is a great place to vent.<p>I'm 29 H is 29 we've been together 12 yrs married 9 1/2. D-day 14 months ago, I went through a year of he-- exOW is a fatal attraction like Twiisty's. Her sister came to my house and told me about the affair which consisted of booty calls after H left the bar. Few and far apart (once every 2 to 3 months) per exOW. It lasted about a year or so.<p>exOW to this day has no problem with H! But has attacked me in everyway possible she's lied to the cops had me arrested and more. H decided no contact because of exOW antics his choice not mine. I went through months of feeling guilty, then I woke up one day a few months ago and said enough! I've move forward with my life OC is not my responsibilty she's my H's. And if he chooses no contact until exOW moves forward with her life then it's his choice. We have 3 children 2 S's 10,7 and a D 20 months. OC will be year next month. My relationship has improved a 100% it took me a year but I feel in love with my H again. I'm more happier than I've been in a long time. <p>Just to let you know most of us think about leaving our H's, I served mine with divorce papers three days after D day. My H really was remorseful and did everything to show he was truly sorry. Keep praying that's what got me through this and good luck! <p>
Unsure

#806042 11/19/01 09:58 PM
J
Jules27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
unsure,<p>I can honestl say I have been praying everyday that this is not his child! I'm hoping for that small chance it could be her H. She was married at the time but has since divorced...so we have been told but who knows this woman has been caught in many lies and I'm not quite sure of anything right now. I am sure that I believe my H is sincerely remorseful and has gone out of his way to try and make me feel a little better. <p>In the short time that I have known, I have seen a drastic change in my H. He is much more attentive to me the kids the house and everything else that goes along with being a family unit. Have you or anyone else experienced that and if so was it just temporary? <p>Thank you for your kind words they do help!

#806043 11/19/01 10:39 PM
F
F
Jules, <p> 2 yrs 7 months mine is still doing all the things that a man should be doing that wants his family together and happy.
I can remember thinking the same thing is this for real. Is it going to last or is it a trick just to win me back. It took all of two yrs to for me to let my guard down and believe.
It takes some time but when you finally get there its worth it. Glad you found us jules.
with love flowerseed

#806044 11/19/01 10:52 PM
J
Jules27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
flowerseed,<p>That is woderful to know! He acts like he did when we first met and I don't want it to end. It makes me sad though that his A is what made him realize what he has and what he could have lost.<p>I'm so happy for you and your H and wish you two happiness that lasts a lifetime! The stories of living through one of the toughest times of our lives is more encouraging than any book I think I could ever read. <p>Thank you so much!

#806045 11/19/01 11:14 PM
T
T
Jules, <p>I feel that I need to respond to your post because your story sounds so similar to mine!<p>First, let me say that we are trying to recover and build a stronger marriage.<p>I didn't find out about oc until the child turned 3. Ws figured that I'd never find out and he had no intentions of telling me. I went and asked the ow and she admitted to it. I confronted WS and he denied it. In fact, he told me to call her and ask. Thank you for adding insult to injury!!! I said mean and hurtful things to him and planned on filing for divorce. I kicked him out for a couple of days, but since we work opposite shifts, he had to come back to care for the kids.<p>When he came back, he was remorseful and crying all the time, begging me for my forgiveness. I was cruel and told him to quit crying or I was kicking him out again. I couldn't go anywhere without him trying to hug me and cry. This was from a man who *never* cries! <p>He started cleaning and demanding respect from our children (towards me), among other things. It was a honeymoon all over again, almost. We began to communicate like never before, we cried and hugged held each other. I was scared that it was all going to end...this honeymoon stage. It did. I felt that it was all surface stuff that was changing, not deep, down to the core stuff.<p>Things were back on the upswing (now on the downside again! it's only been since June) and I attribute that to both of us listening to His Needs, Her Needs by Willard Harley Jr. I have seen big changes in my husband that have lasted over 1 month! I think that that is a good start! We also both started taking Prozac. I feel that it has helped me.<p>I am going back down that rollercoaster now and I'm sure that it's because we don't know for sure if the oc is really his. From what I've been reading, most men pray that it's not(we wives too!), but most likely it is. I just can't figure out if I should push the DNA thing or not. Then, I read a post here, I believe from Resilient and she said that the future is eminent. It *will* arrive. My ah-ha moment! I don't want to be living in fear for years. I just feel like I need all my cards laid out on the table. If I keep pushing, I might push WS and/or ow into choosing to do something that they may not have been planning to do. For instance, I might make WS think that he's a bad person for not having contact and then he'll have contact and I will be miserable. I might push ow into asking for cs when she never intended on doing it in the first place. <p>UGGGG!!!! I hate having to be responsible for my husband's night of lust, for his weakness. It just totally ticks me off that me and my kids might have to do without because he wanted to get laid. Sorry [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I do have to say, that most times I feel that our marriage is getting stronger and we are doing much better than we were before I found out. <p>I also have never found a place or a book that mentions affairs and o/c. I was getting angry about that! Then a friend recommended Harley and I found this website. I am soooo thankful for the support that I have received here.<p>peace~
tinlizzy

#806046 11/19/01 11:25 PM
J
Jules27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
tinlizzy<p>All I can say is...have you been reading my mind? I have been going through the same feelings of do I push the DNA or not. My H says if it is his he wants nothing to do with oc/ow. She told me she wants nothing to do with my H and nothing from him but tells my H that she is out for money. <p>So yes, if I push it and it does prove to be my H and not her xH then we have to deal w/ the cs (which I think I have come to the conclusion that I will D my H and file cs but we'll live together).<p>Then the unkown and for some reason that seems to be the easy way out but if you think about it, there never is an easy way. Because I start to think if we keep this from everyone including our girls and say so many years later she decides to press the issue then we have to tell our kids we have been living a lie.<p>I'm beginning to wonder if they have a spot reserved for us on Sally Jesse Raphael LOL <p>Anyway, please keep me posted on what decisions you and your H make I am very curious to everyone's outcome and when I have mine I will air for all to see. And hopefully learn from.<p>It is wonderful that you and your H are on your way back up and I hope nothing but the best for you both.<p>Jules

#806047 11/20/01 02:37 AM
M
M
Jules,<p>I know that you only recently found out, but i was wondering if you knew how far along the ow is? <p>I am just curious because I am wondering how long it will be for you before you have a dna test done etc. I found out when ow was only about 2 months pregnant and at first, I just convinced myself that she was going to have a miscarriage, she had to! Then after the 3 month mark, she began spotting and she went to ER, but everything was fine... Now she is 4-5 mo and it is becoming more and more a reality that this fetus will be born, but i would be lying if I still didn't wish that she would miscarry or be in a really bad car accident. There is still a shread of hope that she could miscarry, but I know i am only dreaming.<p>My cousin went in for her 9 month check -up and they couldn't find a heart beat. They took the baby out right then and there and it was stillborn. I know how hard that was to deal with for my cousin, but now that i am going through this, I selfishly still have hope that ow meets this fate. I know this isn't the christian way to think or moral way to think, but I am just being honest and am not in any way proud of my thinking. <p>I don't know how cs works in your state or if it varies state to state, but in MN only h's income will be deducted, not mine at all. So if this is the case for you, you guys wouldn't have to get a divorce and just live together, you could stay married still and they can't touch your income, I think that is how it works. If anyone has any info on this please share.<p>God Bless,
Julia<p>[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: mnca6713julia3 ]</p>

#806048 11/20/01 09:48 AM
J
Jules27 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Julia <p>Well OW is 7 months pregnant so that puts her due date right around the time of my birthday and anniversary...YIPPEE!!!<p>I have had thoughts like yours also but she is too far along to miscarry so my thoughts have been a little on the extreme side. And I am in no way a violent person but sometimes you just don't have control over feelings like that.<p>In my state my income is not considered. However, the thing with me getting a divorce is just simply making it where she doesn't get as much money as she would if we were together. I would divorce him and make his CS payments to me the highest we could get them and here when they go to calculate her CS she will get less b/c they have deduct the amount he is already paying in then consider his gross income hehe so that is my plan just not sure if it will work. I will be calling a lawyer next week to find out all I can.<p>It just makes me mad that she told him the only reason she was keeping the OC was so she could get $ out of him so this is why I want her to get the least amount possible.<p>That is a good idea about setting up an email account just for this site I think I might do the same thing.<p>I know this is a horrible thing to say and I am so sorry that anyone has to go through this, but I am so glad I found all of you and know that I am not alone. We are keeping this a secret so I have no one to talk to really.<p>Hugs
Jules

#806049 11/20/01 11:32 AM
J
J
It has been a week and a half for me finding out OW is pregnant. I have been with my husband for 10 years , married 6 years we do not have any children of our own.<p>Since D-Day, my husband has gone back and forth with the decision to either stay and work on our marriage or be with OW and OC once born. For him to even consider this as a decision has torn my heart to pieces. My husband has now decided that he wants to be alone, but yet he is still home with me. I am still confused, I have been suicidal. I love my husband very much and I still have faith that we will get strong and be happy again. I continue to look to the lord for strength. You have come to the right site for support, if it wasnt for the people on here that give you so much hope by sharing their stories I do not know where I would be right now.<p>
Jessica

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation