Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#807451 01/07/02 10:08 PM
J
JustKay Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My husband is living with the OW, her child, and the OC. When he has visitation they go to that house. My kids (2,4) do not enjoy the time there. The OW shows favoritism and is not very nice to my kids. He is planning to move and has no interest in the OC. I don't know what this will mean down the road, but right now I'm really having problems with my kids having to be in that invonment. I've talked to my oldest after posting on the General board and feel a little better knowing this is temporary, but I hate that I have to send my kids there. He has no intention of maintaining a relationship with them or having my kids continue a relationship with OW or OC. There are no provisions for this in the divorce because I didn't know about OW or OC until after the papers were done. I'm a wreck worrying about how this may affect my kids.

#807452 01/08/02 03:38 PM
F
F
Hi Justkay,<p>Can you revise the paperwork or stipulate
strict visitation guidelines considering
he is taking them into an unstable environment?<p>I take it you can't reason with him at this
point how it isn't healthy for your young
children to be around ow. <p>I'm sorry you and your kids are dealing with
such pain and worry. I wish you the best that
your H will come around as far as the children
are concerned.<p>Take care of yourself.

#807453 01/08/02 07:57 PM
J
JustKay Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thank you. At this point it is too late to change the visitation in the divorce papers. I've mentioned it to him, and he says not to worry becuase he is moving out. I would have to go to court specifically to modify the visitation. Of course, if he doesn't move out soon, I will consider going to court. I just can't believe at times that the OW is so blind to some of this. She is completely active in the OC and her ideas to keep H is her life. She isn't working (hasn't been for months) and has another child and is supported by H and her parents at this point. It is just a terrible example and environment for my kids. I'm already feeling anxious about their upcoming visit Friday.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 570 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation