Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
hutch Offline OP
OP Offline
H
It has been a while since I have posted so to any new members here is a quick background to my story. About 9 months ago was my D-day. I was gone on military training and my W had a one night stand resulting in her becoming pregnant. We have been going to counseling and things are looking pretty good. I decided to accept this baby as my own and raise her as my daughter.<p>During the pregnancy it was an emotional roller coaster ride but things were getting better. My daughter was born in DEC and she is healthy and looks just like her mother, thank God. <p>Unfortunately, I had to leave for more military training about two days after she was born. I was able to come home for a few days around Xmas and spend about a week with my W and D. But I am currently away from my family now. The military has moved me to NC and my W and D will be moving here in about three weeks.<p>The past 9 months has been very tough but I have faith in God that things will be fine. I believe that my daughter is innocent from what my W did and deserves all my love. Everyday I forgive my W but some days are tougher than others. Especially now that I am gone. I am at the same military base I was at when my W had the A back at our home station, so it is tough thinking about that. But when my W and D come here we can start fresh in a new house and continue to live our marriage and work together to prevent ever having to deal with an A again. We both have and are learning a lot of lessons but I feel we are stronger.<p>I hope all of you had a great holiday season.<p>hutch

U
U
Hutch,<p>Congrat's to you and your wife. I'm glad things are better. Good luck I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.<p>
Unsure

T
T
Congrats, Hutch!!!<p>Praying that y'all will get together soon and that rebuilding will be smoother for you and your wife.<p>Twiisty

T
T
Hutch,<p>Congrats to you and W! Ok, now what were the baby's stats? Name, weight, length? Of course, if you don't want to give the name, pick a nick name! I will pray that you and your family are brought together soon!<p>Tigger

F
F
Hutch,<p>I remember your story and name.
Congratulations on a Healthy Baby Girl!
I'm sure it is hard to be away from them
at this time but at least they will be
with you soon. You'll have a lifetime of
memories to build with your wife and new
family. I hope you'll fall head over
heels for the little one! Take good care!

H
hutch Offline OP
OP Offline
H
tigger4jdt,
Our baby was 7 lbs 4 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long. Her name is Harley and she is just beautiful. <p>On another note, we just learn today around 4 PM that because my W is also in the military she may not be allowed to get out because of the War on terrorism (she is stationed in TX and I just got stationed in NC). Her approval to leave the Army was only 1 week from being complete and now this happens. Worst case scenario is we may be living apart for atleast another year maybe two. She is working with her bosses to try to get stationed where I am at. I need a lot of prayers to makes this happen. <p>hutch

T
T
Hutch,<p>I will definately be praying that the Lord shows His hand, and either your W gets reassigned to NC, or she is allowed to leave the military!<p>Tigger

J
J
hutch,
Congradulations on your new baby!!!!--as Mrs. Job's dad put it, you'll be there for her in all the ways that count in her life. You're the only guy she's got, and every girl's first love is her dad. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] You sound much more relaxed on that count. <p>I'm so sorry to hear about your DearWife not being able to get out of military right away. It's hard on you, her, and the baby (my H's been active duty 15 years). Being separated sucks too. I so hope it gets resolved for you guys quickly!<p>Prayers and best wishes,
J

H
hutch Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Great news!! Today my W's paperwork was approved for her to get out of the Army, so we will be back together in a few weeks. Thank God and thanks for all the prayers.<p>hutch

K
K
Dear Hutch,<p>I think that you are an awesome person and I truly commend you for your decision to stay with your wife and accept your beautiful daughter.
There are not enough people like you!<p>God Bless you and your family and I wish you all the very best!<p>Kathy <p>
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hutch:
<strong>Great news!! Today my W's paperwork was approved for her to get out of the Army, so we will be back together in a few weeks. Thank God and thanks for all the prayers.<p>hutch</strong><hr></blockquote>

T
T
All right!!! I am so happy that you and your W will be back together soon! God really does answer prayers!!!!<p>Tigger

J
J
I LOVE a happy prayer ending!!!! Thank you GOD!<p>CONGRADULATIONS Hutch and family!!!!!!!!!<p>WOOHOOWOOOHOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

T
T
Rejoicing with y'all!!! Praying that the time will go quickly for both of you!<p>Twiisty

G
G
Hi Hutch,
It's a prayer answered that you and W are doing so well. <p>I'm happy to hear she gets her release soon.
Too bad about the seperation time. I think if you keep busy it'll pass quickly for you. <p>Bless you and your W and new baby girl.
love
Debi

B
B
Wow, what an amazing story... AWESOME! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

M
M
Hutch,<p>I used to be Mrs. Job so I am who Jenny meant when she said as Mrs. Job's dad said.<p>I am the child born of an affair (but on this board because my H had a 7-year affair and a child by the affair). <p>I admire you for your love for your daughter. I only learned the truth about my mother's affair when I was 35. (My parents don't refer to it as an affair. My mom asked for a divorce only 6 months after she married my dad. She was still in love with my birth father. Dad and Mom separated and my mother immediately went back to her old boyfriend. She was pregnant w/in a couple of weeks. My dad dindn't care that she was pregnant. He loved her and want to reconcile. Mom realized my birth father was heading quickly down the path of alcoholism and that my dad was much more able to provide a stable life. I think that they were only apart for about 2 months. I don't know all the details.) <p>When my mother told me the truth, I was devestated but even more amazed at the strength of my dad's love. I felt like I had lost everything about my dad, that I wasn't really his (35-years-old is way too late in life to be learning about this.) Dad and I were talking and I said "You loved me just like I was yours. How were you able to do that?" He said "You are mine. I was there for your birth, your first steps, you first day of school. I was there for every important moment of your life, except the least important, your conception. You are no different to me than your sisters." My Dad and I have an amazing relationship. It is a mutual admiration society. We each think we got the better end of the deal in getting each other. I think I was lucky. I know my birth father and I wouldn't have wanted him for a dad. My dad says that he was, by far, the luckier one when he got me. We are closer than he is to any of my other 6 sisters.<p>My mother has given me a gift--a wonderful father. He has been my guide in my Christian walk. When I think about forgiveness and gentleness in the Spirit, I think of my Dad. He is my shining example of a Christian man.<p>She also gave me a more worldly gift. After Dad's and Mom's last child was born, he spent a lot of money to buy a solid gold bracelet for her. The bracelet has a charm for each of their four daughters engraved with name and birth date. I keep it to remind me that I am no different to my father than my sisters are. And I am no different to my Heavenly Father.<p>I think that you are going to be such a dad to your daughter. Your godliness shines through. Your new daughter is surely blessed.<p>MJ

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 653 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation