Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
OP Offline
N
In line with trying to keep some more positive things on this forum. I'd like to try a daily gratitude journal for all of us. So, I'd like to ask each of you to take a couple of minutes each day to post (5) things that you are grateful for. Hopefully, thinking up five things will be easy for you. (I have a feeling it will. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]) Those things can be things that have to do with your spouse, your children, your job, anything with your life in general.<P>Let's keep building on this. And when it gets too long, we'll start a new thread. And a new one, and a new one, and a new one!!<P>Come on, guys! Let's get this thing rolling!<P>------------------<BR>Love is meant to heal. Love is meant to renew. Love is meant to oust all fear. Love is meant to harmonize differences. Love is meant to bring us closer to God.

N
OP Offline
N
Okay, me first.<P>1) I'm grateful that my children and my H and I are all in excellent health.<P>2) I'm grateful that my H just got a 5% pay increase.<P>3) I'm grateful that I got to see my sister and her two beautiful little girls two times this summer.<P>4) I'm grateful that our first visit with my in-laws since this crisis went exceptionally well.<P>5) I'm grateful that my prodigal brother is home safe, out of harm's way.<P>------------------<BR>Love is meant to heal. Love is meant to renew. Love is meant to oust all fear. Love is meant to harmonize differences. Love is meant to bring us closer to God.

W
W
nw<BR>I try to do this as often as possible so I guess this is the place to do it today.<P>1.I'm grateful that i can actually feel my stomach muscles for the first time since surgery.<P>2. I'm grateful that my H helped me make pickles for the first time in 3 years.<P>3.I'm grateful that both my teenagers went somewhre else today instead of bringing their friends here.(Doesn't happen often so I appreciate it)<P>4. I'm grateful that the sun is shining(that doesn't happen often here either)<P>5. I'm grateful that cl came back to the forum today.

Y
Y
1) H's first day back at work after surgery went well.<P>2) Sophie took a good nap this mornig.<P>3) Diet Pepsi.<P>4) It stopped raining.<P>5) H deleted the journal threads about ow from his palm top computer.<P>------------------<BR>Joan

S
S
What a great idea - NW!!!<P>Let's see......<P>1) I am grateful that I woke up this morning<P>2) I am grateful for this forum and all the wonderful people on it.<P>3) I am grateful for the unconditional love shown me by my puppy.<P>4) I am grateful for the little bit of rain that we got here today.<P>5) I am grateful that God has kept me sane for at least one more day!!!<P>Hugs,<P>Sheba

Y
Y
Today, I am grateful for:<BR>1) Having a wonderful, healthy grandson to wish a happy birthday to today.<BR>2) Finding the fabric in stock for the outfits I am making for granddaughters.<BR>3) That I got to the service station before I ran out of gas.<BR>4) That my husband arrived safely to the East Coast. (he's gone for 15 days)<BR>5) I am especially grateful that I trust him to go there without me!<P>Success Story (why me)<P>------------------<BR><BR>SUCCESS STORY<P>

S
S
1. I am grateful for God who loves me and all of us. Without his strength I don't believe I would be getting through any of this.<P>2. I am grateful that today as well as the whole past week the weather was wonderful and my husband and I got to go mountain biking alot together and had a wonderful holiday weekend.<P>3. I am grateful that my immediate and extended family are all healthy and whole.<P>4. I am grateful that my youngest child is only 14 and still here at home with us.<P>5. I am grateful that after 6 months my husband is still here trying to make this marriage work. <P>------------------<BR>God bless you and all of us.<P>Samantha<BR>

C
C
My turn-<P>I am grateful that God is love.<P>I am grateful for my Mircale daughter.<P>I am grateful for my parent and their unconditional love for me.<P>I am grateful that I got the day off work.<P>I am grateful that I can wear the clothes in my closet again (That darn infidelity diet-lost 35 lbs on it.)<P>I could go on and on. This is a great idea.<P>Cheryl

A
A
Lets see<P>1) I'm grateful God has given me a new beginning with my hubby<BR>2) I'm grateful for my 3 beautiful children<BR>3) I'm grateful for all the friends i have, where ever they are<BR>4) I'm grateful for my Tupperware business<BR>5) I'm grateful for a new beginning of the week<BR><P>------------------<BR>Alliy

R
R
This won't be easy for me but I will try...<P>1. I am grateful for my best friend Todd, whom without I would be drunk and surrounded by a thousand pizza boxes<P>2. I am grateful for my job, Which I still have<P>3. I am grateful for the past 9 years.... More good than bad with my W.<P>4. I am grateful that I continue to wake up in the morning. Way too early by the way but working on it.<P>5. I am grateful for the little things..... The Pacific Ocean, The Sierra/Nevada Mountains, The way my lawn smells right after mowing it. You know... The little things.<P>And of course who could forget about their parents..... God love em'<P>------------------<BR>Rutger......One day at a time.<P><BR>

C
C
I'm grateful for my three beautiful kids<BR>I'm grateful for my new job wich I love<BR>I'm grateful for my house and my beautiful garden<BR>I'm grateful that I have loving, supportive parents<BR>I'm grateful for all of my good friends

L
L
OK, my turn now.<P>1. I'm grateful for my wonderful daughter.<P>2. I'm grateful for friends who've been there when I've needed them.<P>3. I'm grateful for the support of my in-laws - they don't HAVE to.<P>4. I'm grateful the bills got paid for last month.<P>5. I'm grateful for a wonderful day with my daughter today - we talked and laughed and had a great time.<P>This is good - once you get started, lots come into your brain!<P>Lori

E
E
Great idea!<P>1. I'm grateful for having two happy, healthy children.<P>2. I'm grateful for a relaxing holiday today.<P>3. I'm grateful for my friends and family who have supported me through my crises over the last few years.<P>4. I'm grateful for God's financial provision that allows me to not work.<P>5. I'm grateful for the MB forum and all that I have learned here.<P><P>------------------<BR>

D
D
Wonderful idea. Just what I needed at the end of a very hectic day. Thanks for reminding me to focus on the positives of life. <P>1. I am grateful for my wonderful husband and our renewed marriage.<P>2. I am grateful for my beautiful son.<P>3. I am grateful for my husband's new job, which raised his income 45%.<P>4. I am grateful that I am allowed to stay home and raise my son, and to be able to go to college.<P>5. I am grateful that we were able to buy a new car last week, and that it's in our name and my in-laws no longer own us (they bought our previous 2 cars). [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.<BR>Helen Keller<BR>

Y
Y
My turn :<P>1. I am grateful that my husband is getting more and more affectionate these days.<P>2. I am grateful that my husband has dliberately chosen a land for a future home FAR from his family's houses.<P>3. I am grateful that we had renovated my old room and had Air Con installed now so we'll have a more comfortable room to sleep.<P>4. And we still have some savings after doing no. 3<P>5. I am grateful that I had gotten rid of someone that been trying to fish some information about my pain. I guess he was sent by H's ex-OW.<P>Thanks new woman, this is a good idea to remain us things that we have achieved instead of our failures!!!!<P>Saskia

K
K
Great idea nw.<BR>today I'm grateful...<BR>1 -that my H helped a lot around the house and with cooking so I could get everything ready to start work tomorrow<BR>2 - that I finished the stupid translation I offered to make before I realized it had so many technical terms, and that it actually sounded o.k. when I read it<BR>3 - that our family is healthy and happy<BR>4 - that I wasn't to late in puting medication in the tank and that my fish didn't die. Must confess I wasn't paying too much attention so when I noticed it seemed it was going to be too late and I was feeling so guilty!... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>5 - for all my friends here in this forum. Coming here helped me when I was at my lowest and keeps giving me new perspectives now that I'm on the way to be at my highest [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Kat

B
B
Ok, I'll give this a try too...<BR>I'm grateful....<P>That I have my health<P>That I have a home to live in<P>That my family is all well (parents, sister, grandparents, etc...)<P>That I have friends who support me<P>That God loves me<P>Butterfly<BR><P>------------------<BR>My favorite quote....<BR>"Hello, this is God. I will be handeling your problems today. I will not need your help, so sit back and have a good day."<BR>

N
N
1) I'm grateful that my family is alive and healthy.<P>2) I'm grateful that God gave me (and still gives me) the strength to endure & cope with the pain that I experienced this year from H's infidelity.<P>3) I'm grateful that my marriage is in recovery and so far, things are going well.<P>4) I'm grateful for the rain that we got and that we will still be getting this week.<P>5) I'm grateful for all our family & friends.

S
S
Ok People!!!!<P>It's a new day and time for our daily gratitudes!!!!<P>I am grateful :<P>1) That, again, I woke up this morning.<P>2) that I have a roof over my head and food in my stomach.<P>3) for my wonderful and supportive family<P>4) That my back is better enough to allow me to go to work today<P>5) That God is walking this path with me<P>

M
M
I am so very grateful for:<P>1. A Savior that died to I would have eternal life.<P>2. A husband that loves me no matter what I've done.<P>3. Two beautiful healthy daughters<P>4. A great job<P>5. Cars that run

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation