Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
H
I'm grateful:<P>- for my two cats and dog!<P>- for my new friends in my new town!<P>- for my new job that allows me to be creative!<P>- to my husband stuck by me even when I treated him like crap!<P>- for my sister and friends back home!<P>- that I've learned a lot about myself in the past couple of months!<P>- that someone somewhere is looking out for me!

L
L
NW, this thread has POWER! Came looking for it today because I was down. Let's see, I'm grateful...<P>My mom took the girls for more school supplies - I need the "quiet time".<P>My MIL called today - no news, just to say Hi.<P>No BAD news!<P>Daughter's 2nd day of school was good, too! And she's sticking to her "new restrictions" another day w/out complaining. (From a teenager, I guess that in itself is a miracle!)<P>The sun is shining and the rain has stopped - finally!!!!

S
S
I'm late with my gratitudes today - but I made it!!!<P>I am grateful -<P>1) That I met a nice mechanic at the gas station (a real gas station where they have the guys who pump for you!!) and he fixed my tires (leaking) and made sure the air was good with a hand pressure gauge cuz nobody has the gauges on their air hoses anymore and I can't tell!). He filled the oil, washed ALL SIX windows and replaced a fuse. He did all this for free!!! He wouldn't even take a tip!! God Bless Him and His Family, please!!<P>2) We had a good amount of rain today.<P>3) The kids are all in school<P>4) Shoni and her H are going to be OK.<P>5) I do not have a cell phone!<P>

M
M
Good thread...<P>Grateful for:<P>my two gorgeous, loving daughters..<P>that H and I are making strides in communication..<P>great in-laws, and parents..<P>H was given a raise...<P>The weather is cooling down..<BR>

D
D
Things I am grateful for today:<P>That my son's first day of school went well.<P>That my extremely shy son said to me, "Mom, I made some new friends today."<P>That my body (arthritis) allowed for me to clean my house today.<P>That my dog didn't piddle on my freshly cleaned carpet. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>That my H is at the store with my son now, buying me a present. "It's a surprise," as my son so eloquently put it. Last night it was a "picnic bouquet" of flowers. Things that make you smile. Ahhh [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.<BR>Helen Keller<BR>

C
C
I'm grateful for:<P>1) that I got up on time for work today<P>2) that kids wanted pizza tonight so I didn't have to cook<P>3) no bills came in the mail today<P>4) my best friend<P>5) my 3 kids who I thank God for everyday

N
OP Offline
N
Today, I am grateful for.....<P>1) My hearing impaired son seems to have some good, understanding teachers this year.<P>2) We've found a prospective new home for a sweet, previously abused rescued dog we've been fostering.<P>3) That my H took me out to my favorite sports bar for "wing night" tonight.<P>4) Someone was surprised to find out I have a child in high school! (Always love it when that happens! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>5) That I can go to bed tonight with no hatred in my heart and anticipate waking up to another bright day tomorrow.<P>Bless you all!<P>------------------<BR>Love is meant to heal. Love is meant to renew. Love is meant to oust all fear. Love is meant to harmonize differences. Love is meant to bring us closer to God.

D
D
new woman,<P>I, too, am fostering a dog. Only problem is, I can't imagine giving him up. Unfortunately, I have no choice. I already have 2 dogs. One of which is a high strung puppy. Needless to say, I have my hands full. It's just that I have become so attached to this wonderful dog, I can't imagine anyone giving it a good enough home. Whenever we go to Petsmart on Sunday's to find him a home, I get angry whenever anyone goes over to his cage. It's such a horrible feeling. I'm the kind of person who has never gotten rid of an animal. As a matter of fact, I just lost my 16 year old cat, who I had since the second he was born. So, having to give this dog up frightens me. Oh well, at least we cared enough to take him in. Apparently, someone didn't want him, so they dumped him near my home. We posted signs, and gave our name to the local shelters, all to no avail. I can't imagine it either, since he's truly a terrific dog. And only a year old too. The humane society was full, and they said that they'd have to put him down after 10 days if he wasn't claimed. We couldn't do that. My H was the one to take him, and when he drove up with the dog in the car, I about killed him. I just couldn't sign that death warrant though. He's got a wonderful home here, and is more spoiled than you could imagine. He even shares me pillow. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] So, how do you feel about giving the dog up? How long have you had it? It's been since June 1 for me. Well, take care. Sorry to change the subject.<P>------------------<BR>The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.<BR>Helen Keller<BR>

K
K
I' afraid some days I won't be able to make it ( no time to use the computer ), but I'm here now, and today I'm gratefull ...<P>* That I made it trough the day - I can swear that those kids get wilder each year that passes. A classroom full of standup comedians this year ! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>* that hubby arranged for babysitter and picked me up at school right on time for us to watch the soccer game.<P>* that Im not teaching night classes anymore, so I can work with my kids when they come from school, and help them when they need.<P>* that even though my in-laws keep trying to get in between us again my H is not letting it happen.<P>* That we're healthy and happy<P>* that we might have enough savings by the end of the year to get the new car that we so desperatly need.<P>And do much more!!!!!!!<BR>

W
W
I'm grateful for being able to buy a new car this week.<P>I'm grateful for having the greatest in-laws in the world.<P>I'm grateful my H is laying in bed waiting for me.<P>I'm grateful that my mammogram came out okay.<P>I'm grateful that I had to reschedule my dentist appointment!

T
T
-I'm grateful that my boss allowed me to change my hours so that I can get off before my 3 kids get out of elementary school [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I'm so glad I don't have to put them in after-school care!<P>-I'm grateful that I have wonderful neighbors on both sides. How often does that happen?<P>-I'm grateful that my son remembered to bring home everything he needed to do his homework yesterday! (and his lunchbox too! great day for him)<P>-I'm grateful that my 2 younger brothers, in college, still think of me every day and send me cute e-mails and jokes and keep me informed of their lives.<P>-I'm grateful that my husband has such a good sense of humor and is never grouchy<P> have a great day all!

P
P
I am grateful for my son.<BR>I am grateful for regaining my health.<BR>I am grateful that through all this pain and suffering, I am still standing on my feet.<BR>I am grateful for this site and all the love and support it gives me.<BR>I am grateful for the blue sky.

C
C
Good Idea!<BR>1. Grateful for the beautiful fall colors here that let me know another season has passed and my H and I are still together!<BR>2. Grateful for God's special way of guiding and looking over me and my family and how much we all love each other, even some of the IL's!<BR>3. Grateful my children went back to school and are enjoying it! <BR>4. Grateful that I am healthier this year than any other!<BR>5. Grateful that I can put things in HIS hands and finally understand that HE will take care of them as HE sees fit!<P>------------------<BR>Chick's<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!<BR>

P
P
I am grateful that Jesus died on the cross for our sins.<BR>I am grateful for God giving me my W.<BR>I am grateful for God giving us our sons.<BR>I am grateful for God giving me my siblings (all 4 of them.)<BR>I am grateful for God leading to this website to have such loving people help me heal my wounds and cope with what has happened.<P>------------------<BR>God Bless,<BR>Rob<P><BR>

H
H
Today I'm grateful for:<P>1. the fact that my daughter loves first grade and wants to go to school<P>2. bottle water (we're on a boil order where we're at and will get sick if we don't drink bottled water or boil the water)<P>3. that I didn't forget to do my homework for H and I's counseling session tonight<P>4.a loving H<P>5. a place to live

L
L
Today I am grateful for:<P>1) the completeness my SO has brought to my life.<P>2) my wonderful 2 boys and 2 stepsons-to- be<P>3) my family (immediate and extended)<P>4) peace of mind, body and soul<P>5) my spiritual growth<BR>

T
T
Okay, I'll chime in [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>1. Grateful for my salvation and God's mercy when I don't deserve it, I've had hostility in my heart toward steparenting<P>2. Grateful that my 19 year old SD has decided to get serious about her life and making a move to MN to live with H and I, and grateful that God seems to think I can handle it when I think sometimes I can't<P>3. Grateful my husband had 35 minutes with his mother yesterday alone, where he could express his feelings of his heart honestly without interruption - and she cried, and he is one step closer to restoring his family after being named with only one other nephew on his aunt and uncle's will<P>4. Grateful that my husband made an appointment with me to discuss the steparenting issues last night, and we made a hint of progress<P>5. That h is thinking about requiring a drug test for 16 year old SD who lives with us, and also thinking about what he will do if it is positive<P>

S
S
OK - done with work for today and now I can start my MB time with my gratitudes. This is very uplifting for me!!!<P>I am grateful:<P>1) That New Woman started this Thread<P>2) That I am able to laugh again<P>3) When my baby (yes, the dog!!) greets me with such love when I get home<P>4) That God has given me all the strength I have needed to get this far with myself<P>5) For chocolate chip ice cream with sprinkles.<P>

C
C
I'm grateful for:<P>My husband who called me up today and told me that he loves me and again feels like he is in love with me.<P>The beautiful day that we were blessed with here<P>my paitents at work, they really make my day<P>My health<P>My childrens health<P>My three great kids<P>

T
T
Crazy or what, That is a wonderful to be thankful for.<P>God Bless You!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 779 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation