Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#808243 01/29/02 10:10 PM
G
gemini1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So long all you oldies who helped me through all of my darkest days.<p>Catnip, Heavenly, cd, Flowersex, Fluke, Gabbi, Of course Zebrababy, Twiisty, BlueOO, Mrs.Job, anniem, ohbratti1,Mojo7, Tigger4jdt, Tina71, broken_wings, Jenny, whatif?, quakermom, takingcare, mina29, never-be-same, MyCross, Terri,
Math123, Pops, and all the rest of my friends in crisis.<p>I must leave as I no longer feel safe here. My fellow members are now coming down on us who choose no contact with underlying subtle hints that what we choose is wrong for the child.<p>The oc has no knowledge yet of what his/her very existance means to a lot of very humble, loving humans. That the pain he/she is causing others is very real indeed. It is not, as another member said, a child of divorced parents who wanted and accepted this child from God. It is an in the face reminder of what my h and ow did to me and our families. It is a shame for many who do not tell others about. If it were a joy we'd shout it out in joy, but it is in fact a "hidden secret" from many family members here. Right?<p>So I ask, how does including him/her in a marriage when he/she is an outsider from the beginning, helping any one here? Helping oc?
By knowing "bio-dad"?<p>We have a nationaly known family here in Ohio who adopted 2 boys from parents who gave them up and were not married. The parents recently married and came after the one boy and not the other. We are awaiting a ruling from Kentucky (who usually sides with bio-parents on these issues). Now I ask you...what the hel* good is it? The boys are together and w/loving adoptive parents who want them BOTH.
The family adopting are the ASENTE'S.<p>The Kentucky couple are hillbillies.<p>The point is, bio means nothing when forced to deal w/ this unnatural situation.<p>H and I are moving on in spite of whatever you think is right or wrong.<p>It's what WE think in the aftermath of confusion and devastation.<p>So long.
Thanks for all you've done
Love
Debi

#808244 01/29/02 10:26 PM
T
T
Gem.....<p>I wish you would stay, but understand if you must go...in the event that you are still reading posts while I post this...please keep in touch and put me on your mailing list...I care and I want to keep in touch!<p>God bless you and your family and you will always be in my thoughts and prayers...
Hugs,
Twiisty

#808245 01/29/02 10:52 PM
P
P
gemini,,, i am sorry to see you go. i can't remember excatly but i know we have had some disagreements on issues although i think we are on the same page in most instantances. you have given me some much needed support when i needed it most and i wish to thank you. i wish you and your husband the best and a speedy reconciliation.<p>the grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence, it's greener where you water it. keep watering your husband and make sure he keeps watering you.

#808246 01/29/02 11:27 PM
N
N
Gem....I am so sorry to see this...you have always posted to me, and welcomed everyone here with such open, caring arms.
I understand what you mean when you say you feel unsafe on the boards...we all have unique situations and the answers all vary from one to the other. We all just need to accept that.
I will miss you and your warmth and I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. Check in if you can every now and then ok?
NGU

#808247 01/29/02 11:48 PM
G
G
Gem, Please don't go if it is a crasher who is causing you to leave. We need you here at least from time to time. The newbies, as well as the older guys. I have always found comfort in your encourging words to me.<p>Please check out my newest topic as I have always said there are no right or wrong answers when it comes to contact with oc and I am living proof.

Well if you must go I will stay in touch and drop you a line from time to time. You were one of the first I met here and I will continue to think of you and pray for you, but I will hope to hear from you and will stay in touch. Peace and love to you and your family, your dear friend Gabi<p>[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: gabi1116 ]</p>

#808248 01/29/02 11:51 PM
U
U
Gem,<p>I hope you stay too. Your incite and wisdom has help me through some rough times. I wouldn't let the crasher make me run, who cares what they think we all have our own opinion. Good luck with whatever decsion you make.<p>
Tee<p>[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: UNSure919400 ]</p>

#808249 01/30/02 12:22 AM
T
T
Gem,<p>I don't know what to say. I hate to see someone go for this reason. I would much rather see it for reasons such as Zebrababy gave! You will be missed!!!!!!!!<p>Love and prayers for continued recovery in your marriage.<p>Tigger4jdt<p>See, you are so special that I spelt out my whole screen name [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

#808250 01/30/02 06:44 AM
B
B
You know, from the day I showed up here, I was advocating no contact because I could see how it was ripping the BS's apart.<p>I wanted to encourage those with no contact through sharing my story of how my OC turned out okay (so far) since he is grown and most of the OCs on this board are little bitties.<p>I cannot defend the position of all OWs nor is that my intention, I can only speak for myself. It's a touchy subject and something that is NOT addressed in church every week, either! So what do we do? We have to have a voice somewhere, and this place is a good forum to speak up and say what is on one's mind.<p>The problem is when we start getting impatient, inflammatory and disrespectful. OR when we lose sight of our MB purposes.<p>My OC LOVES GOD! He has a solid foundation where he seeks God on his own, not through his mommie or stepfather. He has a personal relationship with God and I give all the credit to God as the odds were totally against this child being born in the first place! The odds were against it 19 years ago and the odds are against it even now!<p>I'm just here to say that it's OKAY not to have contact because we didn't and we're OKAY!!!! Trust God in everything!<p>I know, preach, preach, preach. Can't help it. God saved both our lives--me/OW, and OC. We'll see what happens when OC gets married. We'll have to see what sort of husband he turns out to be. I guess that will be the real acid test! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] Until then, he has a great mentor in his stepdad. God gave me His love in the flesh! ME--a former OW!!! His mercy is mindboggling.<p>If you have to go, I can understand why, but come back in 20 years when OC is grown and you find out that OC is an upstanding citizen who loves God, okay? Then see who can dispute your decisions. The miracle will settle the issue.

#808251 01/30/02 07:02 AM
M
M
Gem,<p>You will continue to be in my prayers always. <p>May God's Unfailing Love guide your family each and everyday back into His arms. <p>Love,
Julia

#808252 01/30/02 08:05 AM
J
J
gemini,
I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving for such a frustrating reason. Whatever you decide, I hope you find peace and happiness. Lord knows you deserve some after all you've been through! Enjoy that new grandbaby!<p>Hugs,
J

#808253 01/30/02 12:01 PM
M
M
Gem,<p>Ok, now I am going to show my insecure side? Did you mean that I was criticizing you? <p>I don't believe that our solution (visitation) is the only way to go and I don't think that others are wrong for making that decision. Each couple must work out what is best for them--POJA, right?<p>What we do seems to work for us. That's all. I am not a cheerleader on the side of visitation. <p>I hope that I am not the one who offended you. I don't feel like you broke ranks with those of us who visit. <p>I hope you don't leave the board in anger.<p>MJ

#808254 01/30/02 12:17 PM
T
T
Gem,
From the first time I hesitantly posted here you have helped me by giving me support and words of wisdom. When I come here for a lift, you are always one to come forward. Thank you.<p>I wish you and your family well. <p>Tina

#808255 01/30/02 12:36 PM
O
O
Deb,<p>You&#8217;ve been up against rougher situations. Are you going to tell me that, after all the life, love, and tears that you&#8217;ve poured into this forum, you&#8217;re going to turn tail?! Lady, I KNOW you&#8217;re made of tougher stuff! You know full well that not everyone has the same perspective and/or opinion. Please, don&#8217;t let that be the reason you&#8217;re leaving. There is still so much to gain and so much to offer. This forum can still give to you, but more importantly, Gem, is that you ARE needed, wanted and loved here.<p>OB1

#808256 01/30/02 02:38 PM
F
F
Gem,
What's going on? Please explain more what's bugging you. If its what has been going on lately.
Don't let it bother you the people that cant handle the truth even when its so ugly are not worth you leaving. You are a jewel and everyone here that matters feels the same.
with love, flowerseed

#808257 01/30/02 02:49 PM
R
R
Gem,<p>Altho I mostly Lurk on this board, I do know that you are VERY valued by all members here. Please don't let what a few Crashers have said in anger or ignorance drive you alway.<p>You are cared about and needed here. Maybe give this decision a second glance???<p>Lv,
Jo<p>[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

#808258 01/31/02 09:36 AM
M
M
I have been teaching on a long term assignment, and that has kept me very busy. Yesterday was my last day - so when I woke up this morning I felt a need to check the boards. When I read your message, I felt that I was losing touch with someone who knows what I have been through without my having to explain. At one time you mentioned our e-mailing each other. I am new at the computer, so I do not know how that works. Do I give my e-mail address to "someone" and it gets passed on to you? I do hope you will check your responses from this post. Let me know the process.
I do wish you and your husband many happy days in the future. For whatever reason I felt a "kinship" with you, as I know many other have. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img]

#808259 01/31/02 09:36 AM
M
M
I have been teaching on a long term assignment, and that has kept me very busy. Yesterday was my last day - so when I woke up this morning I felt a need to check the boards. When I read your message, I felt that I was losing touch with someone who knows what I have been through without my having to explain. At one time you mentioned our e-mailing each other. I am new at the computer, so I do not know how that works. Do I give my e-mail address to "someone" and it gets passed on to you? I do hope you will check your responses from this post. Let me know the process.
I do wish you and your husband many happy days in the future. For whatever reason I felt a "kinship" with you, as I know many other have. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img]

#808260 01/31/02 10:36 AM
M
M
Gemini<p>I am going to try posting another reply. I am new at computers - and for whatever reason my last reply to you did not get posted.
I stated that I just finished a long term teaching assignment yesterday, and that today I felt a "need" to come online. I read your message and felt that I was losing touch with someone who understands how I feel without my having to tell my complete story. At one time you mentioned e-mailing. How is that done? Do I give my e-mail address to "someone", and then it gets passed on to you? I hope you read this, and then pass on that information to me. I will try again at having this posted.

#808261 01/31/02 10:36 AM
M
M
Gemini<p>I am going to try posting another reply. I am new at computers - and for whatever reason my last reply to you did not get posted.
I stated that I just finished a long term teaching assignment yesterday, and that today I felt a "need" to come online. I read your message and felt that I was losing touch with someone who understands how I feel without my having to tell my complete story. At one time you mentioned e-mailing. How is that done? Do I give my e-mail address to "someone", and then it gets passed on to you? I hope you read this, and then pass on that information to me. I will try again at having this posted.

#808262 01/31/02 10:54 AM
M
M
Sorry about the duplications - I just figured out about page 2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 682 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation