Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Lil Bit has started crawling, pulling up on things... and trying to stand.<p>Today.. not 30 min ago.. she was pulling up on a chair, lost her balance and clunked her noggin on the wooden leg of the chair!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>She is getting a goose-egg on her forehead and a mark about an inch long. Right now its a bit purple.. and I am scared to death. <p>After reading about gabi's problems with the xOW alledging abuse... I am terrified. What is our xOW is going to do??? I just know she is waiting for something like this to happen... so she can say I did it to Lil Bit... and try to get me into trouble with the court... and make things harder on H....<p>Can you give me any advice as to what to do now???? <p>I am so new to this Mommy thing... is ther something I can do to help the mark go away??? Preferably by Sunday morning!?!?!?!<p>Thanks in advance!

T
T
Well, I am hoping that you applied ice. I'm not sure if it'll continue to help though, only if you did it immediately.<p>Good luck, hon!<p>tinlizzy

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Tinlizzy,
Yes, I did... and the goose-egg has gone down but the mark is still there. <p>I guess I am just so worried. I know that in this stage of development is when she is gonna get bumps and bruises...

O
O
CYA (over your a$$) all the way! If you can, take her to an MD to be seen. That would be the best way to go. This way it will be documented by a professional who will comment on whether the nature/mechanism of the injury is supported by the medical findings.<p>OB1

T
T
Stacia,<p>I was going to suggest the exact same thing that OB1 did. Take her to the doctor's or urgent care. They will know the difference between someone beating a child in the head, and a child pulling something over on herself. Abbi has had many bruises on her forehead, especailly in the last couple months, trying to walk and pulling the kitchen stools over on herself. In fact, she went to church this past week with a nice little bruise on her head from falling head first on the tile near the front door. I was a little embarrassed, but it is something that happens. But, in your situation, DOCUMENT the best you can, with getting her to a doc or urgent care. <p>A funny story, when I was learning to walk, I had constant bruising on my legs and arms. My mom was almost scared to take me to my regular check-up, and even commented about it to the doctor, when, after he was done with the exam, he didn't say anything about the bruising. He basically said that those were the normal everyday bruises from a child learning to be independant. If you get the doc who sees Lil' Bit to make a written statement to that effect, you have your proof.<p>Hope I didn't get too long winded.<p>Love,<p>Tigger

G
G
Staci, I was just wondering how the baby was doing today. How is her head? Try not to stress out too much about my situation, I am sure you will be fine. I agree with tigger if you take the baby to the doctor to look at it, you will have documentation that she fell. My daughter is 3 and she ran through the doorway so fast the other day that she hit her forehead on the door frame. Our xow is just such a witch and she was trying for 4 years to get my h out of the oc life. I really think your ow has enough of her own problems with children services and I doubt she has the nerve to accuse you guys. Good luck, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, Peace, Gabi1116

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you ladies, for all your advice and encouragement.<p>Well, H didn’t think it was serious enough to warrant a trip to the Dr. <p>Her little noggin only had a faint bruise on it this morning. And unless pointed out is almost unnoticeable. <p>When we dropped Lil Bit off this morning, H mentioned the bruise and told exOW what happened. Thank God he didn’t tell her that he was sleeping when it happened! She immediately made a snide comment, “I don’t let her get THAT far away from me.” <p>UGH!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] She was right beside me!! I didn’t let her get far from me! She was so close to the chair that there was no possible way I could have prevented the bump, unless I kept her caged up in a playpen all day! And God knows, I want Lil Bit to be able to roam and explore everything, in a SAFE environment. Not a caged one. <p>Well… this has turned into a vent instead of an update, so I will close for now.<p>Thanks again!!!

B
B
I'm glad it worked out. Yes, keep those ice bags handy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] You will need them for YEARS to come! <p>Please ignore the OW's ignorant remark. <p>If I remember correctly, this is the same person who doesn't even know how to wipe the baby's butt all the way clean... Am I right? Just let it drop... You know what you did and where you were and your intentions and so does God, so just let it drop...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 656 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation