Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
twiisty Offline OP
OP Offline
T
We wanted to wait for our 5th anniversary to do that and give ourselves a year to recover from D-Day (05/01/01)...<p>for those of you who renewed your vows, what did you do? Did you do anything special? Did you "re-do" everything?<p>I want to incorporate some of that quote I posted earlier last week, the T.D. Jakes quote on marriage.<p>I still have my up's and downs' with Mr. "T"...but we seem to be trying to move on.<p>we were first married by a Justice of the Peace...I didn't really get to plan my wedding....long story and an issue that I want to address in counseling... [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I have a wonderful Pastor Friend that knows of our situation and counseled us...I want him to renew our vows.<p>I'm interested in all of your stories if you are willing to share them with me.<p>Hugs, and thanks in advance,
Twiisty

F
F
Hi Twisty,<p>Just wanted to say Great for you.
I am looking forward to renewing our
vows too so I don't have any stories
for you. We too were married outside
the church and are going to be blessed
at our church where our children were
christened. Best of luck to you!!

N
N
Twiisty...I so want to do this but unfortunately my counselor said in front of my H in couples therapy that she thought I needed to be more sure of "us" before we did that...so I guess it will have to wait...
I feel that in doing this it will put closure for me on the affair, kind of like shutting a door and locking it away...realistically I know it is much more complex than that, but I think it would mark a new beginning for us, taking new vows together now that we are much more aware of what they mean and how serious they are, and that we have a greater respect for each other.
I think it is a wonderful idea, and hope that it will be wonderful for you.
NGU
PS...Fluke...how are you?????<p>[ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: Not Giving Up ]</p>

T
T
Hi Twiisty, <p>Congratulations on renewing your vows! We want to do the same thing, but I'm not sure when.<p>I think that we're going to it privately out in nature. We want our kids involved. We're not doing anything big and/or expensive.<p>One thing that I want to do which would be symbolic for me is this....I want to gather things that represent our old relationship, our old ways of being, put in a box and bury it. Just an idea that I had........<p>tinlizzy

U
U
T,<p>I think H and I will renew our vows this year too. It will be our 10th weding anniversary. I want to do something private that only includes our children, our siblings and our parents. Something very unexpensive. Good luck with yours.<p>
Tee

J
J
twiisty,
DH and I renewed about 1 year after DDay, very small ceremony. I enjoyed the couples' counseling we had beforehand. My only regret is we forgot to talk over the actual vows with the minister and he did not run us through the traditional questions (do you, have and hold)... we both assumed he would, but didn't discuss it and he didn't ask them!! [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] But we did use new rings we had chosen and a special Bible verse, so it was still nice for us.<p>I think the ritual of renewing vows is important.<p>Good luck!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

B
B
That's great! Congratulations!<p>When we got married, we used very simple vows and tried to be positive.<p>H: I promise to love you with all my heart's affection, to endow you with all my earthly possessions, to give you the honor of my name and to share with you the glory of my God.<p>Me: Where you go, I will go. Where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people and your God is my God.<p>That was pretty much it! And it HAS helped our marriage because at least for one thing, we have never argued over where to live! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] LOL!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
4 members (SadNewYorker, 3 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation