I am 46, have been marriaged for 18 years and survived an affair 10 years ago and stayed married. I have 1 15 y.o daughter and 17 y.o. son. But last summer as I was being placed on a heart transplant list (I have a very serious and dibilitating heart disease)my husband had a torrid and very public affair with a 28 y.o married co-worker (I was her -- and his -- supervisior. Everyone in the office knew about it but me. But worst of all, he totally involved our 15 y.o. discussing their sex life, how happy they were together, how they planned on ditching me and getting married and having a baby and how they hoped her husband would committ suicide. They instructed her to keep it from me and she did. After the drunken and enraged hushband found out he threatened her with a gun, made her quit work etc... but they continued on until he came to my workplace with a gun. I was fired the next day and we moved out of state (no income, had to move) so I was removed from the transplant list. Last week, my daughter said she could no longer keep the secret and told me -- everything all the detail -- "She said Daddy gave the best oral sex in the world" "They were planning on having a baby together. They were so happy."
He is still living with us -- he has to because of my medical condition -- no transplant without a support system. He has made it clear he is only here until I get my transplant then he is walking -- rather darkens the future.I do nothing but cry all day and my daughter is so broken and hurt. She is in counseling, I begin psycho-therapy next week -- he refuses either. there are all kinds of mementos of the affair around the that he instructed my daughter to hide.