Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#824980 12/20/03 05:28 PM
F
OP Offline
F
LynnG- I have followed your advice and filed for legal separation and CS and spousal support. I have not had any luck with lawyers, so I went to the court and did it myself. We had a court date to set up amounts, but there was a trial going on and we got booted out. We are trying to get it all set up via paperwork, but I have some legal questions that I hope you can help me with. Could you email me PLEASE - I have to get paperwork back to courts ASAP. My email is lola19652003@yahoo.com I am having a lot of trouble with my computer, but will try to get on again this weekend to see if you got back to me. Thanks.

L
L
The best laywers to get are lean,mean divorce laywers.

I tried to email, and it came back twice.

F
OP Offline
F
wish I could find one of those. The situation with my H has not been good lately. In fact, the holidays have been horrible. It is so hard to go on sometimes. Don't know if we can still deal with this separation without lawyers, but I am going to try. Is there a way I can contact you? I don't want to post a phone # on here - I really would like to get some info from you if possible. Nobody else will help. I am feeling desperate. Don't even know if my marriage will make it right now. It has been almost a year and I still can't deal with this pain of what he did to me. I am filled with so much anger and despair. If we didn't have kids I would leave, not because I don't love him but because I just can't take the pain anymore. I don't want to live MY life anymore. I have been going to therapy for the past year, taking antidepressants, still feel bad. Wish I could sue her for all the damage she has done to my life - I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia since finding out which was most likely precipitated by going through this traumatic event. What about my medical bills, therapy bill, all the cost for the meds I'm on, not to mention the possible loss of my marriage, my home, my family, and everything I have ever held dear to my heart. Why is there no retribution for any of that?

M
M
This is ugly, but check around. Some states will allow you to sue the other party (other woman or man) for loss of affection.

If your state is one of those, then that may make you feel better to pursue civil remedies against her for distroying your marriage.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation