Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
The judge denied my request for CS and spousal support b/c my H did not list a separate address on the forms, even though they told me he didn't need to when we filed. Now we need to refile w/ a separate address. I explained to the clerk that he sometimes stays with a friend and sometimes with a family member b/c there is not enough $ to pay for 2 separate residences unless we sell our house. She said he just needs to give an address, even his family. What do we do? We don't want to get his family involved? We can give a PO Box for mail, but I think they still want aan address. Will they call and check, because we don't want to drag anyone else into this mess. Am I making a mistake. Please help!!!!!

C
C
Don't panic...just refile with another address. If you can't go to your families about this, then you could rent a PO Box at the UPS Store (formerly Mail Boxes Etc) because you would be using their actual street address and the PO Box will look like an apt number. They are far, far too busy to "check" on the validity of the venue, however, even if they did it would be no big deal since lots of people have PO Boxes because they are in transit or not quite sure where they are going to end up. They could be staying with friends (for all anyone knows) until they get their life together and just using a PO Box for convenience. There is no law prohibiting someone from using a PO Box because that is what they are for...convenience.

When my husband and I got our faux divorce, we continued to live together but he used a friend's address for his mail for a while and it worked fine. They really don't care except initially. The important thing is that you refile and get this going to protect yourself.

Don't freak over this...it's workable.

Good luck

Cat =^^=

C
C
fortheboys,
email me at blackbird_fly1@yahoo.com and I will be happy to send you my personal phone number, and we can talk about it.
-cd

L
L
I don't see why you can't use a PO box. Your best bet is to call the Judge and ask his clerk to look into this for you and see if it is ok and get it in writing. Now is the time to document everything.

F
OP Offline
F
This has been going on since Oct, and I am afraid that I am going to raise a red flag if my H doesn't just give an address. I have talked to the clerk several times, and they keep saying "it usually isn't this complicated". I don't want to have any problems down the road. If she files for CS later and find out that I have filed for separation, will she or her lawyer have access to any of the papers we have filed?
CD - If you have time to talk I would still love to hear from you. I sent you my phone # over email. Thanks
LynnG - Anyway I can contact you? I know I gave you my email before and you said you had trouble with it. It is lola19652003@yahoo.com, but if there is a way I can contact you let me know. I understand if not. You seem to know a lot about all of this, and I feel like I am floundering in the courts. I don't want to make a bigger mess of things than they already are.

K
K
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by fortheboys:
<strong> I feel like I am floundering in the courts. I don't want to make a bigger mess of things than they already are. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My husband and I filed for separation several years ago for reasons other than an OC (having to do with taxes). He used his work address as his address and we have never had a question or any other issue arise.

N
N
forth, yes the documents filed can be easity obtained by anyone. My boss had an empoloyee who stole a bunch of money and she was sueing him and she had me go get copies of his divorce papers. All I had to do was pay some money.

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks for the suggestion Catnip - My H went to mailboxes and got a po box. Question - Do we just file the paperwork with this address, ask first, tell them that it is a mailbox and not a residence? Will they look into the address? I don't want to do anything to get into any trouble. Thanks for the advice. We have to file the paperwork in the next 2 weeks - appreciate the help.
Work address is not possible for us, but is a good idea for others. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation