I have been reading the book also and am learning a lot. It is also helping! I don't agree with everything she says (the sex stuff for example) and her tone/sarcasm gets irritating, but otherwise I like it. I am glad I didn't download the audio book. I don't think I could listen to her sarcasm.

I have started to use her suggestions and it is helping. DH was being a grouch lately and things were a bit stressful. I totally agree with her that men are typically simple creatures. My DH has often said all he wants is his dinner when he gets home and not to be bombarded with gripes, etc. He works hard all day and he doesn't ask for much. This book helps me a lot.

Nice to see others who like it and are benefiting from it. I am also FLYing, which is helping me keep the house clean and I think deep down that makes him happy too. Waking up to a clean house/kitchen makes me happy too!! flylady.net just in case you are a closet messy person too.

EDited to add- I think that marriages are a constant work in progress. I am finding that by doing the things Dr. Laura suggests, DH is less stressed, more loving and giving to me. He sees that I respect him and am thankful for all he does for our family. That makes him want to make me happy. Even when he is tired, he will watch DD for me so I can run to the store or whatever. I don't even have to ask. If I comment that I need a haircut, he tells me to go, he will watch DD. I do think that if we tend to them, it will come back to us. And I agree that you have to give to get, it doesn't matter who starts it. If I give I get, then I give back and he gives, and so on!!

<small>[ June 04, 2004, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: happy_girl ]</small>