Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#842715 12/15/00 01:04 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I'm looking for ideas!, because W is quitting work tomorrow to stay home with our children again. She claims that low-cost dates would be fine, but we usually do dinner or dinner and movie or just movie. Anything we do costs a more because we have three little ones and I usually pay about $7/hour for babysitting. <P>We really cannot afford NOT to have dates, I just need to be able to go on dates without worrying about money or credit card debt. <P>I'll start, since I'm asking for help: pick up takeout food and go for a walk on the beach (25 min away for us).<P>

L
LLL Offline
L
One of the low costs things we like to do is to feed the ducks and squirrels at the park...we enjoy doing this more in the fall/winter when most everyone else has forgotten about them.<P>A suggestion for babysitting costs: If you know another couple in the same situation, consider arranging to keep their kids while they go out in return for them keeping your kids while you go out. Then you might feel better about spending some money on the date itself.<P>Peace, LLL

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks. Good thoughts. We've kept others' kids for the weekend and had favor returned. That's even better, but it takes real friends.

K
K
Go ice skating at a public rink. I been skating this winter, first time in 20 years, and it's great fun.

T
T
Hi Steve,<P>I've made a project of low cost dates. My wife and I take time out every Tuesday and with a family of 6, that doesn't leave a lot of $$$ for eating out every week.<P>We have gone on bike rides, walked our goat, packed picnic dinners to the park, taken the ferryboat during sunset, relaxed at coffee shops, gone for drives and a host of other low cost things that provide quality time together. <P>Try taking your sweety on a roof-top picnic. Pull the ladder up with you and bring along a big bottle of bubbles. Blowing bubbles in the wind while you just enjoy each other's company can be worth a lot more than a $40 dinner where you are either eating or being asked if you'd like more water.<P>Once you start, more ideas come easy.<P>There are some good books out there too. "How to Date Your Mate" and other similar books have whole sections of cheap date ideas.

I
I
Where do I get a goat to walk???

A
A
Hello, everyone. If you haven't read the "he's not in love anymore" post, then that's me, left behind. <P>I want to try and spend more quality time with my H. But he's happiest when he's doing things with his "girl" friend. He says it disturbs him that he has more fun with her and is happier when he's with her, than with me. <P>So, I want to know some ideas on things we can do together: he doesn't like the outdoors (although he was going to go whitewater rafting with her today if the weather hadn't cramped their style). Some low cost! things. I have to show him that he can be happy doing things with his wife again, and not just with his "girl" friend.

C
C
I suggest contacting the local girl guides and asking the woman in charge for two well-trained girl guides to help out<P>They probably will not even charge you because they do it to earn a badge<P>I suggest a picnic and a walk during the day and then a video at night after the children had a bed time story from both of you and a kiss and tuck in<P>I suggest that when you two are alone at home a backrub with baby oil each and so on<P>Write to me if you need more information<P>Meeting each other's emotional needs is important<P>Carol<BR>kidnpuppetshow@yahoo.com

C
C
I say this<P>Get yourself some more solitary outings<P>Because why should you compete with another<BR>person<P>You are good enough<P>Try also finding a few lady dates<P>Perhaps this will show both of you<BR>whether it is time for change or not<P>You cannot survive in such a forked<BR>relationship<P>It is a two way not three way road<P>Three way will end up in her choosing you<BR>or him<P>carol<BR>kidnpuppetshow@yahoo.com<BR>counsellor

C
C
That is a great idea, Keith and I am going to try and convince my husband to do that<P>Although it is summer in Netherlands now I will talk to him<P>Thanks!<P>Carol<BR>

H
H
This has never happened to me, but I think it would be some thing that I would enjoy.....Video tape yourself telling your spouse how much they mean to you, What makes you love her/him,telling something funny that happened to you both, Tell her/him that your sorry (Only if you are) if you need to. Just use you imagination and be true in what ever you say. Have it ready for her/him whe they get home or even have then watch it in the morning while breakfast in bed. It might even be nice if there were a flower or little something sweet.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation