Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Cuckold Offline OP
OP Offline
C
How could a long time popular Christian gospel artist and a country music star with one of the most nice guy images in the business, bust up their both their families and get married to each other?<P>It's a long tragic story. It shows how fragile marriages can be even with millions of dollars in the family bank account and traditional values in the heart.<P>Small children and potential career backlash didn't stop them from taking the risk of divorce and remarriage. Why?<P>What can we learn from this classic case?<BR>For more historical background before sharing your thoughts visit... <A HREF="http://wayoflife.org/~dcloud/fbns/amygrantdivorce.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://wayoflife.org/~dcloud/fbns/amygrantdivorce.htm</A> <A HREF="http://www.groupiecentral.com/newsamy.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.groupiecentral.com/newsamy.html</A> <P>

M
M
Cuckold,<P>from what i remember, vince gills x wife was having the affair and their relationship broke up a long time ago?<P>Point is infidels are very selfish

L
Lu Offline
L
Hi there,<P> I'm an expert(ha, ha) since I read People magazine and it was definitely Vince Gill's "friendship " with Amy Grant along with Amy Grant's love letters to Gill that broke up the Gill's marriage.<P> In the latest People someone was quoted as saying that Amy and Vince deserve happiness for all the bad times they've been through together. HA!! I would've worded it "they deserve each other for all the bad times they put everyone in their families through".....I think I'm a cynic........LU

V
V
Should be interesting to see if they survive. From what MB says, the chances are slim.

J
J
I could not believe this when I first read it<BR>in a Christian Music magazine a few months ago. She was my idol! cute too. I had allof her albums from way back. Disappointed.<P>------------------<BR>jnvc

C
C
Wait a minute!!! Amy Grant left her husband for Vince Gills? I thought Amy's husband had an affair years ago. Will I live and learn! I love Amy Grant....darn it, now I'm very disappointed. Then again, I can think of a lot of Christian artist's who would benefit from the MB concepts.....like ALL of them! <P>One of these day's we'll get it through our heads that being a Christian doesn't make us invincable....right? If King David and Soloman were capable of having affairs..what on earth makes us think that we are any less<BR>capable? <P>CJ<P>

A
A
this just in -- Audrey Hepburn was an OW!!! (plus she smoked too!)

D
D
Jackie Kennedy was an OW when she died.<P>Del

F
F
my opinion......A relationship based on lies wont last!<P>amanda<P>------------------<BR>I will love my husband "Always & Forever" <P>thevancefamily@hotmail.com

C
Cuckold Offline OP
OP Offline
C
It's no accident that they are taking a year off from their careers to spend time together.<P>The career backlash from longtime fans, the media scrutiny, the suffering children adjusting, the odds against second marriages like this succeeding...those are the real reasons for taking a year of from touring and recording.<BR>

S
S
Cuckold, thanks for the info. I had only heard bits and pieces.<P>It sounds like the classic, "it's ok as long as we're not having intercourse".<P>She said in one article that they tried and tried, but we've learned here that it has to be done with the OM out of the picture.<P>You mentioned the millions and the kids. As you know there are hundreds here including myself with small kids. That apparently is not much of a detterent.<P>As for the millions. That's an interesting question. I would think on the whole, the money and fame would make it harder not easier to have a healthy marriage. Being away on tours, so many options in spending time and money...<P>I think some money helps 'cause it can be spent on childcare, chores, whatever, to free up time for the couple to spend together. And on interests, getaways, etc.

P
P
Well blow me away!!!!<P>I am just as surprised by this as I was when I heard of Sandy Patti having an affair. <BR>It just goes to show you that no marriage is invincible. <P>The fantasy of an affair and the image that is created by the people having them is so strong sometimes that even the biggest potential loss (career backlash, affect on small children) isn't enough to lift the fog.<P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers<BR>Nicole smile

C
C
Katherine Hepburn was Spencer Tracy's OW for DECADES AND DECADES. What bothers me now that I am a betrayed spouse was that before this happened to me, I thought that relationship was so special-that it was kismet. UGH

C
Cuckold Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Perhaps it's not the weakness of the marriage, but the easy opportunity for something "better".<P>The marriage vow is...<BR>"For better or until someone better"<BR>

C
C
okay...I know I shouldn't post this...<P>But what struck me on the whole thing was this..Amy's husbands comment on why they divorced:<P>"The papers said irreconcilable differences...we only had on difference we couldn't solve..she wanted to go, I wanted her to stay"<P>Well...that is a prtty BIG difference!<P>Who are we to say she didn't try? Or it what is the cause? We don't know these people.<P>I dunno..that comment just struck home to me...should she stay to make everyone else happy? Do her feelings not count?<P>Just my thoughts on the article and the opinions expressed of how bad she is.<P>Cat

L
L
Well Cat,<BR> I don't know about the end of her mariage. But my great source of info..LOL People magazine, Said that she and Vince were "friends" and denied an affair and yet she sent him love letters. His wife begged him to end their friendship and work on their marriage but he wouldn't. This hits just a little to close to home for me. They even said they would take a lie detector test to prove they weren't sleeping together. OK so they were having an EA not a PA. But we all know just how devistating EA can be.<BR>Lora

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation