Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
My W was planning on serving me divorce papers on this coming friday in order to get me out of the house. My "big" job offer application came in the mail today. (I knew something big was about to happen. Remember my post two days ago about needing Serious prayers!) This has postponed her serving of the divorce papers (hopefully forever).<P>I did not know until just tonight that this is what she was planning.<P>Thanks to all who prayed. It's not what I wanted but if it delays a divorce, thank God for it.

F
F
So is this the job several hours away?<P>What is your wife's reasoning in the delay?<P>Watch your back...could she have actually forced you to leave with those papers?<P>Glad you are hanging in there.<P>------------------<BR>Faith, Hope, Love Remain,<BR>but the greatest of these is Love.<BR>1 Corinthians 13:13

H
OP Offline
H
FHL,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>So is this the job several hours away?{/quote]<BR>Yes, the job is 3 hours away.<BR>[quote]What is your wife's reasoning in the delay?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>She was going to serve the papers because she felt I was not taking this whole thing seriously. She felt nothing was happening and couldn't stand to be in the house with me any longer. Plus it would get her $950 per month in child support. (she still hasn't found a job)<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Watch your back...could she have actually forced you to leave with those papers?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I don't know. I knew from snooping that she had been looking into divorce details.<P>She is convinced that there will be no possibility of reconcilliation without a separation. And even then, she says that I will have to be a completely changed person and she will have to be completely healed of her emotional wounds before we could think about getting back together. She thinks that is impossible. In her mind, the divorce is final. The legal papers are just a formality.<P>It's hard to have faith that this can work out. But I still hold on to that possibility no matter how slim it may seem.<P>Thanks for checking in on me. I'm trying to keep my chin up.

N
NSR Offline
N
I'm praying for you...<P>Keep that chin up... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 986 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation