Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
those of you who have kept up with my long gory story know there are more downs than ups, because of my H's chronic lying and my not plan A'ing.<BR>well, it seems as though he finally broke up with OW, or vice versa...either way...and things have been MUCH more pleasant around here.<BR>We have had HUGE financial problems (a big thanks again for all the prayers, H has some nice job offers rolling in), and im still dealing with my misdemeanor assault case (the stress of all the lies finally got to me and i hit him a few times, he called 911, but did not say anything, and the sheriff showed up and arrested me...my lawyer thinks i can get off pretty easy).<BR>anway, things are finally looking "up" financially, OW's gone, and im not in the constant hormone he!! ive been in since our shotgun marriage 3years ago and the 2 babies and breastfeeding have caused me since. im on antideps, so is he. i have a long trip planned to visit friends, i have a small weekend job at Target, im down to my girlish figure and gaining lots of self-esteem. H has actually apologized and begged my forgiveness repeatedly, we've had better sex than we've had in years, and we are being very friendly and helpful to each other. seems like a real burden has been lifted from my shoulders since OW's gone (he said she was gone for so long, yet was living with her, it caused me a total inability to cope...my heart knew the truth, i guess).<BR>H has finally started really noticing me (i.e., telling me how pretty and nice i am), so i guess some of the OW fog has lifted, and he does not have to think of me as evil b!tch woman all the time.<BR>We both want the best for our children.<BR>He has started to ease up on his talk of our needing "separation", yet both of us seems to know divorce is an option, and seem to be prepared for it.<BR>I think my getting away with the kids for a month or 2 will help him figure out what he really wants, and deal with his financial nightmares without my nagging (he has a compulsive spending problem, and the consequences have been pretty bad lately...can't pay the $6500 mortgage, for instance [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<BR>well, im just feeling hopeful today, and i wanted to share. thanks for letting me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

S
S
Yes, there is hope. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Might not be a good time for a trip, though, at least not for one or two MONTHS.

L
OP Offline
L
yeah, schizzo, i know it sounds weird, but he has been begging for a separation for years now, and getting away for a long trip might be the only way i can stave it off.<BR>the only problem is, i might not want to come back. he told me to register my car there---much cheaper-- and i told him i don't think he wants me to get THAT settled over there!<BR>we were apart, essentially, for a month while we moved into this unfinished house and the kids and i had to stay with various friends with spare bedrooms, and it was bad, but OW was REALLY still in the picture. there is just a small spark of hope that he is not lying THIS time and that she is really gone, and i need to give him what he thinks he wants right now if we are going to make any progress. i have fought any kind of separation tooth and nail in the past, and it never did any good, so..time to do a 180.<BR>a month or 2 would give him time to find us a new home or figure out if we can stay here or what. i am sick of him tearing my life up for his career goals and the compulsive spending, so going away would prevent big LB's in this trying time.<BR>wow, have i justified it enough? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] trying to convince myself? maybe....

L
L
The only benefits I have ever personally seen with separation is that the household tension decreases, it is easier to Plan A if you know it will only be for a couple hours. And, I think this last time, my H realized what his life would really be like without me, because, although not Plan B, I was not as accessible to him as I had been (I was on the verge of divorce, considering the marriage over).<P>But if he really wants to leave, you can't stop him. All you can do is figure out how you will deal with it.<P><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Let love be genuine...hold fast to what is good; love one another." Rom 12:9-10

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 430 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation