Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#869354 06/02/00 04:40 PM
W
wings Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Will someone please exlain to me what the "6 month rule" is with regard to affairs? I keep seeing this in other's messages and don't know what that means. Thanks.

#869355 06/02/00 04:43 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
wings...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Most affairs last less than six months after they are exposed to the light of day. (page 83 of SAA)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You'll also here about the "2 year" concept...<A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum28/HTML/000149.html" TARGET=_blank>2 year time frame?</A>…..already divorced…..1/22/2000<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#869356 06/02/00 04:50 PM
W
wings Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks Jim...<BR>When you say, "exposed to the light of day" what if they are still kept in secret? I'm not certain this is going on, but it definitely has not been exposed. So do they "typically" last longer when no one knows but the two involved?

#869357 06/02/00 05:49 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
Yes...<BR>...it should be out in "public" (or at least in your eyes) before the six months is normally counted... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>This is really just an average...<BR>...it could be as little as D-Day...<BR>....or...gulp (like in my case) 1 year + (or more.)<P>Jim

#869358 06/02/00 06:02 PM
M
M
Thanks Wings, for asking that question. My H's affair has just reached the 6-month mark, but I don't think it's considered "exposed to the light of day." Me and a few of my close friends are the only people who know about it, and he (nor the OW) see ANY of these people ever. So anyone my H regularly deals with...co-workers, etc....knows anything about it. In fact, they don't even know we are separated!! <P>(I still get calls for him at home -apparently when he's on-call - and it drives me nuts 'cause I don't want to lie and so I just say "he's not here right now." I don't want to force him to tell them, cause there may be some reason he's not...maybe he still isn't sure about what he's doing?? I also don't want him to get in trouble at work, so I try to get ahold of him or leave a message on his voice mail.)<P>I still want to hope that some day he will want to come home and try to reconcile, but it's hard to keep hoping...and alot of days now, I'm not sure what I'd do if he did! I don't have many good feelings or much love in my love bank left for him (although at a very deep level, I love him dearly and would wait forever for him).....I'm trusting BIG TIME that if that does happen, God will give me His wisdom to know how to respond. <P>Aloha,<BR>Mrs.O<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation