Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
D
Thought I'd join in. Not too original on my part--its my initials, also stands for dumb bunny and my birth date.

M
M
Mine comes from my sister, who's 10 years younger than me. When she was very little (she's 13 now) she couldn't pronounce my real name (Marilyn). It always came out "Monen". My friends thought it was extremely funny and since then it has been my nickname. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

T
T
I chose my name because I'm in search of some answers to life's toughest questions. Like who am I? Why am I here? What have I dojne with my life? What do I want to do with the rest of it? And on and on ad nauseum.<P>I don't want to just foolw the pack or do things just because others say I should. I want to do things because they are right for me, because it will mean being true to my authentic self. I want to find out what that truth is. I want to live a genuine life. I want to live according to what's true, not necessarily froma religious point of view but from a personal one. If I can find myelsf in-love with my H at some point I want to KNOW that it's real and true and that I'm not deluding myself or him.<P>Just recently in the book "Women in mid-lif crisis" I ran across this passage:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><BR>Now is the time to seek the truth about who you are, what you want to do, who you will love and let love you, and what mission you want to accomplish in life.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I nearly fell over when I saw that.<P>

N
N
When I first posted under this name, I was adament that this would not ever happen to me again...once I got through this. IT means "No More"...in spanish. I don't speak spanish, nor am I Hispanic. I just remember the fight that Roberto Duran had when he boxed Surgar Ray Lenoard...after being beat up pretty good....he was quoted for saying: "No Mas...No Mas"...meaning there would be no rematch. :-)<P>

P
P
It was the first thing that popped into my head. Wonder what shrinks doing a free association exercise would think of that?

M
M
I chose my name because I'm a momma! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Really, I couldn't think of anything better at the time.<P>

M
M
My mom's name is Margaret - my Dad calls her Maggie when they're not fighting! My middle name is Margaret, so there you go. 38 is my age - guess I'll have to change it to Maggie39 next year.....

X
X
WOW! Cool thread! I've learned so much about some of my favorite people! I, for one, try to imagine what's behind folk's screen names.....Boy! was I wrong about you Monen! LOL.<P>I need to change my "name".....Cus, thanks to my MB buds (and my W)...I know better now......<BR>In my first post I asked the board how I could get my W to leave me because of "ED" (limp johnson).....I was feelin sooooo low.....wanted to induce my W to have a PA or leave altogether cus I felt I was no longer a man. Was convinced that it was totally unreasonable to expect a vibrant, beautiful, 39 yo woman to live out her days without sex. Well....some very wise women here clued me in.....sexual fulfillment is a whole lot more than just "penetration". Thanks to God, you guys, and my W....I've come outta my funk and feel silly even being here, given the awful situations most of you find yourselves in.<P>Soooooo....lets have some suggestions for a new name for the ol Xman! Im leaning towards "Earl S" after my hero, Earl Scruggs, the greatest banjo player ever.....and whose music I have "almost" mastered after almost 30 years of trying!<P>God bless all of ya!<BR>Bill<P>PS: gotta new doc, new treatment...."things" are lookin "up" YAYYYYYYY

R
R
Okay Xman,<P>How 'bout LasagnaMan?<P>Jo

W
W
Geese mine is pretty boring...<P>My first name is William...go figure..<BR>My middle mane is John...<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR><P>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.

G
G
Hey, Xman, how about another superhero? Maybe man of steel? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Anyway, my name is Brian and I am a grandpa, so there you go. My youngest daughter and my granddaughter were born 1 day apart (granddaughter is older).<P>Wanna see pictures?

T
T
Mine is incredibly original and imaginative ... it's my name ... betcha couldn't guess, huh?<P>However, I didn't capitalize it ... because "Terri" just seems so ... BOLD. When I first came here, I was NOT feeling in the least bit bold. I was feeling like a whipped pup. Tail tucked between my legs and all. Hence the lowercase "t" in the beginning. Now, it just seems so much more delicate and poetic ... terri ... Like me, a delicate flower of femininity [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>OK, y'all can stop groaning now ...<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR>I can see clearly now,<BR>the rain is gone ...

E
E
Mine should be self explanatory. . .<P>As a result of everything that has happened, I am an <B>Empty Shell</B> of a man compared to who and what I was before.<P>God Bless

M
M
LOL XMan! You wouldn't be the first to hold such misconceptions... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

S
S
Oops ES......you mistyped that!!!<P>You WERE an Empty Shell......<P>Now you are ES - which (to me) stands for Everlasting Success because you have accomplished so much within yourself and your marriage so far!!!!<P>I know that you will continue and hence the new "you"........<P>Hugs & Love Ya, and say hi to Hopeful!!<P>Sheba<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Sheba (edited July 09, 2000).]

G
G
OK, I'll play too. Mine is rather obvious too. When I realized that my wife and I were having problems (before D-Day), I told here I would work to "fix" things. When I discovered the A, I told her I would try to give her what she needed so she wouldn't need to see him anymore (before I found MB site). I had a differnt nick in another forum location that was more negative and it was suggested to have one that described what I wanted, not what I feared to be.

L
L
Okay, I'll play. mine is actually two words. La peine - French for sorrow, grief, punishment, labor, struggle.<P>It seemed a good one word description that to fits a lot the emotions I am feeling.

L
L
Thank you for solving that mystery! I've always wondered! Are you fluent?<P>The only french I know is filet mignon! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

J
J
I'll play. I came here to learn more about my marriage and how to make it better. Interestingly, the answer was within myself.<P>So Just Learning seemed pretty appropriate.<P>Still am Just Learning too. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>JL

N
N
Just lurking today, not to be confused with Just Learning [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], which I am too!<P>Mine is obvious too, I guess. I wanted a new beginning. It hasn't worked, so I tend to stay away from the phrase now. My life lately is more like a new start, not a new beginning.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation