Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
W
"Pleasure that is obtained by unreasonable and unsuitable cost, must always end in pain."*Samuel Johnson {1709-1784 British Author}<P>"People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges." --Joseph Fort Newton<P>"Most people never feel secure because they are always worried that they will lose their job, lose the money they already have, lose their spouse, lose their health, and so on. The only true <BR>security in life comes from knowing that every single day you are improving yourself in some way, that you are increasing the caliber of who you are and that you are valuable to your company, your friends, and your family."<BR>*Anthony Robbins {American Speaker, Peak Performance Expert}<P>"Each day provides its own gifts." --Ruth P. Freedman<P>"Let everyone sweep in front of his [or her] own door, and <BR>the whole world will be clean."--Goethe<P>"Changing brings questions, and questions bring change." <BR>--Anonymous<P>"When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. Let your reason get you back up."{Les Brown American Author & Motivator Speaker}<P>

C
C
This is fun!<P>Here's some more:<P>"Any woman will tell you: even Mr. Right has a few things wrong with him."<P>"To be happy, live each day as if it were the first day of your marriage and the last day of your vacation."<P>"Sometimes the winner is simply the person who sticks with it a little longer."<P>All taken from "Second Thoughts" by Mort Crim

B
B
No new quote, but been digging in the archives and thought this was another good post to bring back up.

D
D
No one did the aphorism thing better than Oscar Wilde, the 100th anniversary of whose death was yesterday:<P>"A man can't be too careful in the choice of his enemies."<P>"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." (I know you Clinton-haters will love that one!)<P>"I am not young enough to know everything."<P>"I think that God in creating man somewhat overestimated his ability."<P>"In life, we are all in the gutter. Some of us just tend to look up at the stars."<P>"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."<P>And the best one of all:<P>"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it."

L
LAD Offline
L
Thanks Beth, the original date is before I came to MB...<P>The straight and narrow would not be narrow, if more people walked it.<P>L

H
H
These are great. Very inspirational! One that has been meaningful to me over the last 8 months:<P>If you love something, let it go. If it returns to you, it is yours. If it does not come back, it was never yours in the beginning.

P
P
Ok I am a major Eleanor Roosevelt fan... here is a quote from her that I have been holding onto and read when I need too...<P><BR>"Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt<P>Now that I have been following this I have been regaining myself. I know I have power over me and my feelings.<BR>

D
D
How bout' this one?<P>"No matter where you go, there you are"<P>or<P>"he who hesitates, waits"<P>[censored]

W
W
There is no right way to do the Wrong thing.<P>Bill

L
L
Hi, guys,<P> Sorry so late,<P> One I have come to know in the last year ;<P> " That which does not kill you only makes you stronger" ( I should be friggin Superman when this is over.) <P> And here's one that just sums it all up;<P><BR> " Man who fart in curch, must sit in own pew."<P> I get misty just typing it!<P> God bless you, <P>------------------<BR><P>Gregg

A
A
It's not how bad it is, it's how good it's not.<P>You better be prepared to accept the answer before you ask the question.

N
N
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." The Little Prince.<BR>

S
S
Not really for MB but I've always liked it:<P>"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."<BR> -Albert Einstein<P>I don't remember this exactly because I saw it in a movie a while back. Carol O'Conner's character in "Return to Me" said it:<P>"It's those with the stongest character that God gives the hardest challenges...take that as a compliment"<BR>

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation