Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
R
Hola Peppermint,<P>How ya doin?<P>I do know the diff between use of "your" and "you're", but Dang it! sometimes I'm typing so fast I forget to use the right one.<P>I try and remember to critque before saving but sometimes it's after the fact.<P>All these abbreviations and slang must drive you crazy too! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jo

D
D
I'm a stay at home mother (6 years), and very proud of it. Although, I do get tired of having to defend that choice. <P>I'm also going to school to finish up my psychology degree. I'll eventually be an Adolescent Psychologist. The operative word in that being "eventually", as my plans might be pushed back with the birth of my second child coming in 6 months.

M
M
Another Registered Nurse here.

S
S
I work for a large hospital doing a Research Project....I also work with OM. I have been beating my head against the wall thinking I could and WAS recovering still having to see him every day....<P>But as of Friday, I will be unemployed and don't have future plans at the moment. I have resigned. I know that there is a world out there that does not hand out pain on a daily basis and I don't have to go through this anymore. I don't need to feel the pain of seeing him every day. I want to FULLY recover.<P>Something else will come up, or otherwise I will be a homemaker. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

H
H
I'm a network consultant. And susan I wish my W would resign from her job where she gets to hang out with the OM every day. She is so lucky!

S
S
LUCKY?????<P>Your wife must not feel the gut wrenching pain, the heartache, I feel every day when I drive up and just see his vehicle. Then to have to see him off and on through out the day.....<P>He said he was happier with me in his life in any way I could stand...but I finally decided, I could not stand being in his life at all. I have tried to be friends, etc...nothing worked. Affairs just DON'T work!!! Not to mention what I did to my marriage.<P>Your wife will get there one day ..don't give up. Best Wishes!

A
A
Hey - I'm a Mom and a Stage Manager for theatre and opera as well as training in film continuity.

G
G
Domestic engineer....and CEO of my home and family [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
Seurity/Investigations field. Also licensed Emergency Medical Technician.

R
R
Computer consultant. Major client is one of the big Wall Street firms. I am a mainframe jockey, but I am branching out.<P>The company I work for has been sold, spun off, or acquired six times in the last four years! <P>The work is interesting, the money is outstanding, and you meet a very interesting range of people. <P>When I was my son's age, my job didn't exist. I often wonder what kind of job he will hold when he grows up. And will it take as long to explain what it is as it does to explain what my job is to my mother-in-law?<P>Regards,<BR>rs0522

H
H
I'm an elementary teacher, currently keeping up with kindergarteners.

H
H
Well, my business card says "Software Test Engineer" but the system I work on is part of a missile guidance system. So, in a manner of speaking, I am the rocket scientist you were looking for...

Y
Y
I'm a lawyer. I don't suppose THAT's a support profession, is it? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

W
W
OK, I'll give<P>For 8 years (age 22-30) i was an oil tanker deck officer, ending up as a captain and harbor pilot for the last two. Worked only 5 months a year.<P>Got an MBA, and I am a Finance Director at a public company. I do budgeting and forecasting programming, as well as valuing companies to buy and sell.<P>I also day trade stocks and options, having tripled my retirement account in two years.<P>I do soccer refereeing on the side, as well as coaching, and adminstrating referees. I also play O40 soccer.<P>OK, so my marriage is on the rocks because I am a workaholic and a sports fanatic, neither of which my wife like or support. Oh well, I guess I would rather change spouses than change myself.<P>thl

M
max Offline
M
I am a physician.

T
T
I'm in Law Enforcement, specializing in removing the scum of the earth from city streets.

H
H
I'm a senior manager of research and development for a software company....<P>--DeWayne--

P
P
executive assistant in higher education for 20+ years and for an HMO for the last 2 years<P>still wondering what I'm really supposed to be doing<P>hoping to do something with horses too someday (and i'm in Texas too)

P
P
Phew! It's finally nice to see another Executive Assistant. I'm one! <P>I work for the finance and operations group for a very large software company. No, not Microsoft, but we are the #1 in database software! I know some of you know what I'm talking about!<P>For 11+ years I've been an executive assistant. I love what I do, always have. I've just now found my niche and a company I love working for. Not to mention I get to work at home!!!!<p>[This message has been edited by purplemag (edited July 13, 2000).]

L
Leilana Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Yay! We got our "rocket scientist"!!<P>We also have the entire American Nurse's Association!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation