Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Deleted by author.<P>H is mad at me for posting. --HBC<p>[This message has been edited by HurtButCoping (edited October 19, 2000).]

M
M
My in person counseling experience with H sucked big time. They made us talk about things we had already settled and left behind. However, the therapist believed we didn't talk about sufficiently to really not be a source of hurt for us. Well, it didn't help in fact it made it worse. <P>We went in feeling close, and after 5 sessions we were more distant than when we began. I started counseling with Steve, but H doesn't want anymore counseling. <P>Fifteen minutes of health care system, I hope you told your H he got ripped off! That makes me so angry. It's so difficult to get them to see a counselor to begin with, and then to have a quack screw it up. Rrnnnrrrr<P>From the first session, there has to be a plan about the direction you want to go (goals). Unless the counselor can provide a plan, as opposed to let's wing it and see what happens, don't go to him. After the 5th and last couples session, H and I had enough. It took a lot out of us, but I still wanted counseling. I called Steve Harley and it was the best thing, but now I can't get H to talk to him. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] H says he doesn't want to go through that again!<P>I also found another website called DivorceBusters <A HREF="http://www.weiner-davis.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.weiner-davis.com/</A> <BR>See if that can help you.<P>Good luck, MT<P>

H
OP Offline
H
Deleted by author.<p>[This message has been edited by HurtButCoping (edited October 19, 2000).]

P
P
Hi HBC,<P>I know that there are some counselors who are quacks, and maybe this is one of them. But are you sure that your husband is giving an accurate account of the session? After talking with my husband's counselor and having a joint session, I found out that my husband tends to tell me only the things that he agrees with or the things that he likes from the sessions. Not exactly lying, but not giving the whole picture.<P>I do think it is possible that the counselor might have said what they all do, that counseling is only effective if the person is receptive to it and willing to cooperate with it. Is your husband receptive to the idea and willing to work for it?<P>I hope that he is, I am living with the proof that it can really work wonders.<P>Best wishes,<P>Peppermint<P>

H
OP Offline
H
Main Text deleted by author.<P>H just called me, angry at posting this. I guess he's afraid you all really know who I am, or, more importantly, who he is. I am sorry that I have betrayed his trust by posting anonymously on this forum.<BR>....<P>Sigh. The road just keeps getting steeper. I need a rest stop!<P>I will not be posting here for a while. I hope you understand.<P>Thanks again. Please send us good thoughts. --HBC<p>[This message has been edited by HurtButCoping (edited October 19, 2000).]

R
R
HurtButCoping,<P>I posted to you here, but somehow it showed up as a new post/thread. It's titled, "You May Never See This But Thought I'd Post It Anyway". I must've screwed up the way I posted it--as I was trying to put it here in your thread.<P>Robino

S
S
Sorry, HBC<P>I missed your deleted posts. Can you lurk, then? I can see how many would feel threatened by being talked about. My h fortunately doesn't and has no interest in reading either.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{HBC}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

R
R
HBC, here's a good medical description. It's at <BR> <A HREF="http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis1/p21-pe07.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis1/p21-pe07.html</A> <P>Check it out to see if it at all fits.<P>Robin

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation