Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SDS Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi guys, Long time no type!!!Had a few minutes free so I thought I would stop in and check on my old friends. I see a lot of new names but still see a few familar names. THought I give you all an update and maybe give some hope to others. It has been 19 months since discovery. 15 months since he walked out to live with her. In May this year we got back together for 2 weeks before he left again. I got a job in TX and filed for divorce. On the eve of the divorce he calls and wants me to take him back. I told him I was going through the divorce couldn't deal with it any longer. BUt if he was serious we would work on it. He quit his job (she worked with him). Past history now the update. He is living with our daughter and her family looking for a job. We see each other very often. In fact just spent the weekend together. We are working on us but doing so slowly. he has slipped once he had to go to our old city and take care of something at our house that is up for sale. He hadn't had contact with her in two months but while there he had the urge to drop by her house. We are working our way throught that one. BUt with the way recovery has been on the board I wasn't too surprise. We have dealt with it and are moving forward. We talk alot on the phone on the internet and we see each other as much as possible even though we are four hours away from each other. BUt we are making progress and hopefully by the end of May I can give an update that we are back together. HE needs to find a job somewhere and my contract will be at an end then and I can move where ever he is working.<BR>Hope this helps someone to realize that even when it seems all is hopeless there is still hope. ANd by the way PLAN A works. I did it the whole time!!. I plan on checking in more often now that things have settled down in my job. So let me know what is going on with all of you<BR>(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))<BR> <BR> <P>------------------<BR>di<P>

K
K
So glad to hear this!!!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Kathi

M
MF Offline
M
Hi di!<P>So glad to hear from you.. I knew you were doing well(from your last post), it's good to know the detail. You know I often think about you and wonder how things are..<P>Thanks for the update and giving us many hopes [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Meg

W
W
Diana,<P>So good to see you [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] or read a post from you! LOL<P>Well I'm glad to hear your baby steps are paying off!<P>Do take care, you are in my continued prayers.<P>Love ya,<P>Bill

L
L
I'm just grinnin'!<P>You sound so good.....<P>Think about you often. I miss our chats.<P>Luv ya!<P>Lori

L
Lu Offline
L
Hi Di,<P> Great to hear from you and I've wondered how you were doing down there in TX!!.....do you like your job? Do you think you made the right decision with the D? You sound great!<BR> <BR>LU

P
P
It's funny to see a post from an 'oldie' and see all the 'oldies' respond. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Hey wait a minute, I just did the same thing! Glad to hear you're doing well.<P>------------------<BR>1Co:2:4: And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:<BR>1Co:2:5: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

N
N
Nice update!<P>Sending happy thoughts and prayers for continued healing!<P>Sheryl

C
C
What a great story. Hope it continues to go well.

L
L
That's great news!<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."<BR>(Proverbs 15:1).

S
SDS Offline OP
OP Offline
S
It was great to see some familar names. I like TX but I don't like my job. Last year when I said I didn't want to teach anymore, I should have listen to me! To many things have changed and children just don't always show the respect that they should. It wasn't the stress of what was happening that made me want to quit. I will stick it out till the end of May then I will be looking for a new job. Where I don't know yet it depends on what H is doing then and where he has a job. <BR> Since I am in TX he is having to deal with all the medical problems our son has. Nothing serious just since H doesn't have a job son has no medical insurance so H is having to find ways to pay for his medicines or rather dealing with medicare and other types of insurances to pay for this medicine as it cost an arma nd a leg or rather a kidney.LOL ANy way H is getting an eye opener of what I have been going through.<BR>I think this will be very good for him. He has had to take charge of things and deal with things he has never had to before. I think it will help our relationship alot. <P>You guys still have my email address diseiler@hotmail.com. I had computer problems and am still trying to find all my email address and my chat buddies I know they are hidden somewhere. <P>Lostva I still am on the chat line but I don't get on to often work keeps me busy but would love to chat with you sometime. <P>Send me emails I do check them would love to hear from all of you. I am better responding to emails then posting. But I want to here all of your updates and I want to let you know what is going on in my life.<BR>Take care and you all have my prayers. I would have never made it the past year without all of your support. Thanks.<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

C
cl Offline
C
HI SDS<BR>HAPPY TO READ YOUR NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>aloha, cl

S
S
Hi SDS,<P>Glad to see your update too and best of all you sound really good!!<P>take care,<BR>Starpony

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation