Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
L
L
Ok, uh, that was dumb! NB, Honey, will you, well, take care of my post in YOUR post. <P>Thanks,<P>Lori

N
OP Offline
N
Okay, lovely <B>Lori</B> (notice the <B>bold</B> and learn, grasshoppers! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ), <P>I have edited!!!!<P>Love ya [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by new_beginning:<BR><B>Oh wait... NOBODY... NOBODY can hold a candle to Sheba for long posts!!! Yeah, we try, but we ALL fall short of the Princess Warrior!!!!<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>do <B>not</B> make me <B>dare</B> you to do a search of my posts...LOL...<P>I am QUEEN of verbosity......I saved them (my posts) to disk....it took 3 disks......honey, if there is a long-winded way to say things and repeat them....<P>think of one word.....<P>Dylan<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>and I do agree......the newbies need to read the info....and this whole attitude "dump him, you do not deserve this, etc....has got to be met head on by those of us who have SUCCEEDED in either recovering our marriages, or have moved on through the divorce process and have come out from plan B stonger and more whole again....<P>if it ain't constructive, then perhaps duct tape is required....<P>

N
OP Offline
N
Yeah, okay, <B>Dylan</B>, you are a <B>bit</B> verbose... but c'mon... we're talkin' about <B>Sheba</B>!!<P>Although... yes, now that I think about it... you can spin a yarn, alright... yep... yes, you can!! {think, think} Okay, I defer... you are in a tie perhaps... how's that???<P>Hugs [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

L
L
She's got you there, NB!!! Hey Dylan! I love chatty friends!<P><BR>thanks, Sheryl.<P>Lori

S
S
You guys are all just lucky that I am at work right now......<P>Long-winded.....indeed!!!! Hmpfh!! lol!!!<P>You know...there really must be something to that thing about ears burning when you are being talked about.....made me check in!!! Actually the boss FINALLY unleashed the multiple locks on his wallet and got a 20th century computer!!! Won't bother telling him that it's the 21st century!!<BR>OR that I sorta....kinda....allowed the ancient relic he had crash and burn!!!<BR>That'll be our secret!!<P>Anyway.......<P>Wait til I get home tonight and REALLY get into what I want to say!!! Yanks aren't playing so I have PLENTY of time!!! LOL!!<P>HUGS,<P>Sheba<P>PS....jeez...all that for "be back later" - guess you have a point!!!! (tee-hee)<BR>

N
OP Offline
N
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <B>Sheba</B>!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I can HARDLY wait to hear/see what you have to say!!<P>Hey, be careful, little one, it wouldn't let me post the long, long, long reply I had... I had to break it up!!! Who woulda thought!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>By the by, <B>Lori</B>, you're welcome...<P>...and <B>Dylan</B>, I went and checked you out again... oh crap... I don't know... it's close, I tell ya! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

L
L
Hey, Sheba!!!! I emailed you to tattle that they were talking about you and you needed to get here fast! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] You should get it when you get home.<P>You'll notice, of course, that I haven't said a single word about how incredibly long-winded you can be. Not a WORD about the amount of printer paper I've used printing out your posts and kept mum about the how far I have to scroll down to read your posts! You did notice that, right? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Talk to you soon, Darlin'!<P>Love,<P>Lori

S
S
don't make post links............

N
OP Offline
N
Okay, I give in!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>Dylan</B> is the QUEEN of long-winded posts! Long live <B>Dylan</B>, the QUEEN!!<P>Sorry, <B>Sheba</B>, unless you can top the QUEEN, you will hereafter be known as "<B>Sheba</B>, first runner up" (and you will be notified if <B>Dylan</B> is unable to fulfil her duties or poses nude).<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

J
J
Sheryl,<P>I do agree with your opening statement. I do miss so many of the old posters here. I will say if competence was a requirement for posting, I wouldn't have more than 1, surely not well over 2000. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lostva, Sheba, WhoDat, so many of you make such a difference. It is so cool to see/hear you guys again and the awful jokes. By the way Lori and Sheba, SKM can hang with you guys, she mosts a "mean" and LOOONG post as well. And like you guys she is soo right "most" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] of the time.<P>Sheryl, I do appreciate your comments [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I still love that symbol. By the way if you have over 8 of those symbols in your post, it won't let you post your response. I know I have tried a few time, it has tempered my use of [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>God Bless,<P>JL

H
H
Excuse the <I>sexism</I>, but this is incredible!!! Women arguing about who is the most long-winded???<P>OK, now to get my self in trouble...As for the <I>QUEENS</I> of verbosity vieing for the <I>Empress</I> title, this is the way I see it....A three-way tie between Sheba, Lori and Dylan(diplomatic, isn't it). Now here is where I get myself grief. The lengths are comparable but the content is radically different. [insert senses of humor after this point] I would say that <B>Dylan</B> has a more poetic and musical rhythm and feel to her postings. <B>Lori</B> gives the impression of Dr. Phil on a very light dose of Valium. <B>Sheba</B> <I>can</I> come across most like Drill Sergeant Carter(think Gomer Pyle) with a two-by-four!!!<P>Now <B>Sheryl</B> is more like the middle child, causing a ruckus between the older ones and the younger ones.. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Love all of you!!!!<P>--DeWayne--

N
OP Offline
N
Yes, well...<P><B>JL</B>, <P>I KNOW, I have tried and tried to sneak (or is that sneek?) in as many of the little fellas as possible. Makes me mad! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I've read SKM's posts... very wise woman!!<P>...and *sometimes* (okay, most of the time) you are a very wise man! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>DeWayne</B>,<P>Middle child, eh? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Yep, that's what I'm like!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hey, has <B>Dylan</B> posed nude yet? Then <B>Sheba</B> gets to be QUEEN of the long-winded post!!<P>

H
H
<B>JL -</B> You are not being fair to yourself. You have one of the most reasoned, seasoned, rational voices here. Your insight into human nature seems astounding at times!!<P>--DeWayne--

S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by new_beginning:<BR><B>if Dylan</B> is unable to fulfil her duties or poses nude).<P><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>IT WAS FOR AN ART CLASS......AND IT WAS TASTEFUL....AND I NEEDED THE MONEY........AND I GOT THE NEGATIVES!!!!<P><I>damn....I knew that would come back to haunt me</I>

N
OP Offline
N
Duplicate negatives, dear <B>Dylan</B>... I have PROOF!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>But... I still do agree, you are QUEEN!! -- well, now that I had to go look at a few of your threads soas not to be accused of being blind to the obvious and forced to look at whatever monster-threads you would have dug up -- whew! -- you can write, woman!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

R
R
OK, DeWayne, You made me post. I have not just "gone away". I still lurk every few days or so. I rarely post, and if I do, it is to other "oldtimers", to whom I feel I can offer support or just to let them know that I still care about them and their situations.<P>I have chosen not to get too wrapped up into "newbies". Not for any reason other than I am still trying to sort it all out and learn myself. I am 2 years plus 3 months post discovery. I have been D for 1 year and my exH has been married to the OW almost that long.<P>This place has been a Godsend for all of us. Look at how many of our friends came out of hiding to post! I won't mention names for fear of leaving anyone out, but "hi!" to all.<P>Although I ended up D, I am 1000% glad that I followed the Harley principles to the best of my ability. I also counseled with Steve, which I recommend to everyone, besides the other professional counselling I was receiving to help me to learn how to cope.<P>For everyone here, I pray daily not only fo rthe restoration of marriages, but also for the restoration of SELF. I think it is one of the most damaging things - the loss of "self" that follows the discovery of your S's affair.<P>The value of this place is in the support of each other, and I do see alot of that still here. I think the folks that cycle in and out, help to change the "flavor" of the posts - sometimes encouragement is high, other times it is low. The decision to fight for the marriage or that it is time to throw the towel in is a highly personal decision. I lasted 14 months before I decided to file for the D. I do not rgret one minute of trying to save my marriage. I only have one regret - that my exH would not give our marriage a chance at reconciliation. He and a few other of the WS's, like Distressed's and Nellie's, to name a few, seemed to be able to virtually walk away without looking back. <P>Since I am on a roll, I will give a quick update. I am doing great in many ways. I really think I have a good handle on the failure of my marriage - at least my part. I just got too busy with work and personal hobbies to put my marriage first. The result - I did not fill my exH's need for attention. His need is larger than most, so although I would not say I neglected him, I certainly was probably not giving the amount he needed. He found somebody else to give that to him, wouldn't give me a second chance, and now it is over.<P>But, God always opens another door when the first one gets shut. I have found another fella. It sounds ridiculous to say at 45 that I have a boyfriend, but I do. I am amazed at how the spirit can heal with time and a heart that is open.<BR>My BF is a friend of exH's and I had known him for 3 years before my D. Never would I have imagined we would get together, but here we are. It is really nice to be in a healthy relationship, again.<P>But, I won't take this one for granted. That is why I still come here and lurk. I am determined not to repeat the same mistakes, if I can help them. It is hard, too, to change - to REALLY change yourself. I have to struggle to oovercome my annoying habits. But that is part of meeting anothers ENs. Also, I struggle with the "giver" and "taker" parts, too. I have yet to master the POJA, either. See....I have so much to continue to learn.<P>Guys, the learning is in the experiences and the journey, not the final destination. I keep reminding myself that I can choose whatever path I want. I did not choose m exH's affair and I can't change that it happened and that our marriage broke up because of his desire to not reconcile. Needless to say, that hurt like hell! But, I can choose to decide to learn from that experience, want desperately never to repeat that experience, and choose to go forward and make a happy life for myself. That is what I choose. That is how I feel - happy, again. That is truly what I wish for each and every person here - to regain a sense of happiness and hopefulness about life, again.<P>OK, now did I just win an award or at least an honorable mention in the long-winded posts category?????<P>Desiree<P><P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

S
S
Desiree!!!!!!!!<P>thank you for your post......as the reigning queen of rambling (until sheryl cughs up the negatives)..I hereby give you honorable mention.....<P>man, you have been missed, girl........<P>but your post is exactly what I meant....recovery is the hope....if NOT recovery of your marriage, then recovery of self....<P>I know that even if Deut and I were not together still (after almost 2 years here at MB)...I would still be OK.....because I would have the tools to help ME through this mess, and to come out the divorce end stronger, healthier, and knowing what to bring to my next relationship....<P>but NONE of that would have been possible if I had not read the principles here, or if I had been met with disparaging remarks....hell, I got enough of the "leave that cheating loser" crap here in real life...when I wanted logical, sensible advice, I came here.....<P>it's sad to see alot of people being given damaging info and opinions without reading the info on the site....I mean, READ plan A, read plan B.....ask questions...but some marriages are not being helped, they are in fact, being hindered by the UNINFORMED, REACTIONARY opinions from 'friends' here.....<P>that is not what this site is for....<P>the damage done with these attitudes can rip apart a family....even with the damage an affair already brings<BR>perhaps that should be made clear before 'helpful' people open their mouths....<P>I am so happy to hear that you are doing well....and no, it is not ridiculous that you, at 45 have a 'boyfriend'....any more than at 33, I still 'giggle'.....alot......<P>miss you......<P>Dylan

N
OP Offline
N
Oh <B>Desiree</B>, it's SO NICE to see you!!<P>Wonderful update... <P>...and yes... I understand being 40-something and introducing my "boy"friend. "Man"friend sounds um, well, like something from the Jungle Book or Tarzan: "Meet manfriend"... blech...<P>I always loved seeing you post... and this has to be your longest, doncha think??? Just had to try for the coveted prize, eh? <P>First Place, since I did cough up the negatives on the Party thread: Dylan<P>Second Place: Sheba<P>Third Place: (3-way-tie) DeWayne and Desiree and Lostva<P>Prizes to be awarded when I say so and not a minute sooner!! I'm thinking about Salmon-Whips and Southern Comfort baskets...<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck<BR><p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited April 12, 2001).]

L
L
Oh, Desiree!!!! Yesss!! I'm so glad you're here. And a new bf, huh? You go, Girl! <P>I am so glad to hear things are going well for you. Don't think I'll ever forget you, you know?<P>Lurk all you want, but let us know what's happening from time to time.<P>Love,<P>Lori

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation