Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
B
Lor~<P>Pin the tail on the donkey, well you can do the game either way. I personally like to private party, because well you can make up more rules or fun whichever.<P>But this party is really picking up, kinda of tipsy now, that goodness my husband is the DD today. That man knows how to spoil me. <P>Bottoms up!!!!!<P>Judy

L
OP Offline
L
William--consume all the mixers you need. I tend to drink tonic with lime, it cries out for gin, but I like gin just too much. <P>ScaredinNY--I have just the place for a bonfire--the area where the vegetable garden I'm not planting usually goes. And I love to prune trees, so I have a pile of brush that should make one of those exciting, sparky fires. The garter snakes who live there will likely flee, they are very large. I hear snake tastes just like chicken [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Nicole--Yummy recipe! Let's see our neighbor is gone, so I bet he wouldn't mind if we used his blender as well...he's such a nice guy. Does your recipe make your teeth purple. I love that! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Kat--did you alter your screen name? D-Day 2 years ago, you must be the Kat I know? Your H packed his bag to leave, put it in the car, and slept on your couch for awhile instead of leaving? If I've got the details wrong, or that's not you...welcome anywho. Since MB was kerflooey yesterday...I'm certainly willing to party on...let me know if anyone wants a change of venue.

L
OP Offline
L
FHL--girl, I haven't seen you around in ages. We're going to be heading to St. Louis this fall for at least one Rams game--2nd annual Herdfest--wasn't that close to your area? I'll be the one wearing the blue & gold [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. I'm excited that now my party is a kegger!<P>Joyd--Karoke is big fun, my H does a "Get down funky white boy" that'll bring tears to your eyes. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Zorweb--I'm not quite sure why we'd be needing designated drivers, but we definitely will not call on you. The kids can jump on the tramp...just sign this useless medical release form. Oh...you guys didn't know there was a 16 foot trampoline, did you? A good game of "crack the egg" will fix what ails ya.<P>Nyneve--we probably have Canadian beer here, not so far from the border, really, you know how isolated areas don't consider 300 miles much distance at all, only takes 4 hours to drive [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] . Isn't Moosehead beer Canadian? And...I don't want to mislead you, I wasn't nekkid, I had on shorts & a tank top, maybe both shoes. Guard let me bet taking off my jewelry as well. You know, I just finished working out at the Y, and the ladies for the arthritis swim, age concentration from 60 to 80, were in the lockeroom...and even though I don't know what you look like, I did see some bodies that gave me a visual image of sagging, swinging, endangered body parts. Although there's a couple of the ladies that I wish I looked that good now. <P>Ok...bringing out the potato casserole, made with 'tates, ham, spicy cheese dip & cheddar baked on the top. Dibs on the crusty brown stuff stuck to the sides of the pan [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Also the coffee is Sumatra Mandheling, and I've got peach & chai spice iced tea--good with Captain Morgan's rum, later. And in honor of Nyneve, on the CD, Bare Naked Ladies "Maroon".

S
S
Love the potato casserole Lor, mmmmmn. Wish I wasn't on Prozac so I could be drinking with y'all, but I'm getting out my digital video camera to be sure to get good footage of all your drunken embarasing moments. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (Free,got some good ones of you two!)<P>Next I'm getting into the blending competition with my non alcoholic starwberry daquriy.<P>Anyone up for dancing on the deck to Lor's H singing "Play that funky music" with me?? Wooo- Hoo! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P><BR>

S
S
<P>Wow that didn't sound good the way I typed that last sentence, let's try that again.<P>Anyone up for dancing on the deck with me to Lor's H singing "Play that funky music" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

I
I
As a teacher the long yawn of summer approaches and a good party is just what I need.<P>Sounds like we have plenty of men manning the barbeque, so I'll relax and make a cheddary macaroni and cheese, some smoky green beans and a couple of strawberry pies. (I like to cook [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].)<P>My three sons (7, 5 and 2) will run around like banshees. I will be relaxing with a Smirnoff Ice, enjoying conversation, but I will have to be vigilant around the water, the boys think they're fish. <p>[This message has been edited by InShockinCali (edited June 06, 2001).]

Z
Z
Sorry I have missed so much of this bash!!<BR>Malibu and pineapple juice is a fruity, refreshing summer drink. And I can whip up a spinach artichoke dip like they serve at Olive Garden.<P>Lor (Lor) - along the lines of public sex... sex in the water somewhere is always enjoyable! Sorry I don't have any other really creative ideas at this point.<P>I'm sad that I will have to "catch up" on this party in a couple of weeks. We're moving June 15 and I won't have access to a computer much longer.

S
SDS Offline
S
Hey is the party still going for all the old timers??? I lurk from time to time. But now that summer is here I will have more time to check out what is happening. Ideas for the five days-- Picnics at home bring out the cheeses, crackers. fruit my favorite is chocolate covered strawberries (you can do it yourself) and wine eat on the floor with candle light. <P>Back to the party I can remember some parties last for two or three days. <P>------------------<BR>di<P>

F
F
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nyneve:<BR><B>**and if I have just offended anyone tell me and I'll edit that remark out... no offense intended! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nyneve, you never cease to amaze me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lor, yes, I was LadyK! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Play that funky music, baby! WOO HOO No splinters in my bare feet yet so keep the dancing going! <P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

T
T
It took me awhile to come to the party... had to find sitters for all 3 kids (it's hard to find anyone willing to take on 3 kids 2 yrs old and under!...LOL.. THANK YOU GRANDPARENTS!!!)<P>H and I have needed to do some camping for a LONG time now, so we're bringing our tent and most of the supplies (including a couple of flashlights and lanterns...in case the bonfire can't get going.. oh heck! we'll bring the lighter fluid to give it a jump start! LOL).<P>I've got the bugspray... is off skintastic okay for everyone?<P>In our hidden compartment in the van, we're bringing along some Molson Canadian beer. And I'll toss in some Southern Comfort and OJ.<P>Now...for food... hmmmm... no one mentioned burgers and dogs! The kids that are there have to eat something you know! LOL. And I'll bring my deviled eggs too... would 4 dozen be enough?<P>H and I would be up for some skinny dipping.. so long as it's really dark out at night (hehehe).. anyone else care to join? Even if not, I'll bring a few of those funky pool noodles... and if no one is up for swimming, how about some good old fashioned TWISTER??? <P>Karen<BR>

F
F
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Ahhhhhhhhhh - just me still soaking up the sun!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I <B>love</B> deviled eggs ~ I'll stay away from the fire later! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Q
Q
I make these really WICKED B-B-Q beans... here's the recipe:<P>Pinto beans, soaked over night (about a pot full)<BR>1 onion<BR>5 slices bacon<BR>1 clove garlic<BR>1/2 c. honey<BR>1 bottle Hickory B-B-Q Sauce (Bullseye is best)<BR>1/2 c. molasses<P>Simmer onions in 2 tbs. butter, add garlic, and crumbled, pre-fried bacon... transfer to pot with drained beans... add remaining ingredients and simmer for four hours... or put in crock pot, or on campfire...<P>Them is goooooooood beans!!!<P>Pass me a beer, someone!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

L
L
A party! Sunshine too. Looks like it could rain here any minute so I am on my way. I right now making a big batch of pickled fresh vegtables, with lots of jalapenos so I'll bring them along with some spiced rum and coke.<P>I am more amazed every day at our progress. We are both real happy and in love. I stopped taking Paxil 7 days ago and I am withdrawing from that and someone keeps flattening our tires , but I have good news.<P>Next April is our 25th Anniversary. He's taking me to Tahiti and we are staying in a hut over the water and renewing our vows! Talk about excited. I am like a little kid. I've waited so long for this.<P>Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>Lilly

Q
Q
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lilly:<BR><B>A party! Sunshine too. Looks like it could rain here any minute so I am on my way. I right now making a big batch of pickled fresh vegtables, with lots of jalapenos so I'll bring them along with some spiced rum and coke.<P>I am more amazed every day at our progress. We are both real happy and in love. I stopped taking Paxil 7 days ago and I am withdrawing from that and someone keeps flattening our tires , but I have good news.<P>Next April is our 25th Anniversary. He's taking me to Tahiti and we are staying in a hut over the water and renewing our vows! Talk about excited. I am like a little kid. I've waited so long for this.<P>Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>Lilly</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>This made me CRY for garsh-darned sake!! I am soooooo happy for you!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>By the way, do you spice the rum yourself, and if so, how?<BR>

L
L
Me too! He just surprised me with this recently. I was never going to bring up the idea. No, I don't spice it myself I just drink it. With lime.<P>Lilly

K
K
Hi Lor [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Yep, it's me. After my last crash I couldn't get in even when I found the password, so I started again. It it almost happened again just now. THe silly thing kept saying that my password was not correct, but I knew it was. It worked on the last try [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>ANd how is everything? I've been away quite sometime and then I came in again and had another crash!<BR>I always come back though, I still feel like I'm with family here.<P>ANyway, I'll be back later tonight, still have one part time to do.<P>Hugs<BR>Kat<p>[This message has been edited by Katb (edited June 06, 2001).]

S
S
<BR>Hmm, skinny dipping, uh no. Bad idea for a group of recovering BS's who are still insecure and some WS's that still don't get it. But twister- Hey I'm in!!<P>RED! (Oh my goodness I'm going to have to go under- <high pitched scream>... sorry, lol)<P>Forget the lighter fluid in case of emergency we'll take out the gas can out of the back of my car to start that fire!! Now THAT"S a fIrE! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

S
S
Hi Lor, <P>I'll crawl deep out of lurkdom for a party any day [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. Hope your anniversary goes well. My wife and I just had ours and it was far better than I expected [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. I have to run to take rthe kids to all of there practics and lessons. Put a brat on the grill for me and I'll take a cold draft of whatevers on tap!<P>SHA <P>

C
cl Offline
C
HI Lor, i am late to the party......any beer left?<BR>If not lets go to the store!!!<BR>I need party, so ??????? let me catch up!!! Have a few pages to read! <BR>Music by ???<BR>aloha, cl

S
S
Well, it's getting dark here time to get the fire ready.<P>H's getting the guitar tuned. Any requests??<P>

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation