Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
OP Offline
W
OK, all of you sitting on the edge of your keyboards, here's the skinny for the first D.C. area MB ad hoc social.<P>Time: Saturday, June 23, 6:00 pm<BR>Place: Dave & Buster's (60,000 square feet of food and fun under one roof; <A HREF="http://www.daveandbusters.com" TARGET=_blank>www.daveandbusters.com</A>) White Flint Mall, N. Bethesda, Maryland (directions below)<BR>Activities: Meet for dinner, socialize, play games, have fun. Maybe hit the Cheesecake Factory for dessert.<P>Announced attendees (at least those who will admit it): eyeswideopen, tootrusting, SKM + H, WAT, and "special invited guests" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Anyone else wishing to attend, please e-mail to DCScandals@yahoo.com so we'll know to save you a seat.<P>Wanna be attendees who are too far away, send your personal greeting also to DCScandals@yahoo.com for reading aloud at dinner. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>"But WAT, how will we know who's who?" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Easy - this is part of the fun! I'll be the balding guy in the Hawaiian shirt at the View Point Bar (near the virtual golf course). Just come up to me and say, "Hi Big Boy, waiting for me?" (SKM, don't make your H do this.) Please say it loud enough so that all the other guys will think I'm a stud. (I'm pretty sure the Bethesda Hawaiian Shirt Collectors Club will not be meeting at D&B's this Saturday.) Please don't be too late - I don't want to have to stand at the bar all night! On second thought.....<P>Directions:<P>From Metro: Red line to White Flint; after exiting the station, keep walking in the same direction you exited in down Rockville Pike until you get to the mall (two blocks on the same side of the street).<P>From Baltimore: I-95 South to I-495 west (toward Silver Spring). Take exit 34 (Rockville/Bethesda). Exit 34 merges onto Rockville Pike. White Flint Mall is approx. 1 1/2 miles on the right.<P>From Virginia: I-495 across the Potomac River. Take I-270 towards Frederick. Take Montrose Rd. exit going east. Take a right onto Rockville Pike/Rt. 355. White Flint Mall is approx. 1/2 mile on the left.<P>From Washington: Take Wisconsin Avenue north. It becomes Rockville Pike. White Flint Mall is 1 1/2 miles after you cross under the I-495 beltway on the right.<P>Hope to see you there! If we're not careful, we might have fun!<BR>worthatry<P>[This message has been edited by worthatry (edited June 19, 2001).]<P>[This message has been edited by worthatry (edited June 19, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by worthatry (edited June 19, 2001).]

Q
Q
Dave, slightly balding? I pictured you with Fabio-like long wavy hair. Just wanted you to know that.<P>Sorry I can't be there...sounds like so much FUN!<P>Have a BLAST!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>And we know. We who have seen. ~Pellegrino

S
SKM Offline
S
Oh, my. . .Dave, if I say that, I think it will start WWIII right in my house. And if my H says it, I think I'm going to run and hide! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Trust me, you'll know it's me when I show up. . .Scarlet Letter A branded on my forehead or something. I think of something clever.<P>I still like my idea of wearing tacky t-shirts. My H wearing one that says "I'm with stupid," and mine saying "I'm with him. . .and him. . .and him. . ." See you at 6:00.

W
OP Offline
W
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nyneve:<BR><B>Dave, slightly balding? I pictured you with Fabio-like long wavy hair. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sheryl, There's no "slightly" about it. Sorry to burst your bubble. I'd like to think I'm smarter than Fabio, though. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>WAT<P>

C
C
WAT,<BR>I just finally read about this get-together for the first time! Not sure if I can make it or not, but if there's any way for me to get there, I certainly will join ya'll.<P>My H is quite suspicious of this whole on-line support group I've discovered. Everytime he sees me here typing (admittedly a lot lately) he says: "Talking to your boyfriend again?" I just roll my eyes...he's already put that tracking software on our computer, so he knows every keystroke I make should he care to check it out. I've even shown him this forum but he isn't interested.<P>Anyway, the get-together sounds like a blast. Like a much-needed stress relief. A fun way to put faces with some of these names. So, if I can get a babysitter, I'll be there with bells on...<P>calla

W
OP Offline
W
Calla - jingle, jingle - bring him along. Tell him I'll buy him a beer if he wears a Hawaiian shirt.<P>WAT

S
SKM Offline
S
WooHoo!! - WAT's buying!

H
H
I'm bummed I'll miss it! <P>Have a blast, all!<BR>--HBC

W
OP Offline
W
Back to top.

P
P
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I wanna come too...boo hoo hoo...but I'm too far away.<BR>Never mind - have loads of fun - It'll be great!<P>hugs,Paint.

E
E
Hoist one for me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>E

W
OP Offline
W
OK, les see. One for Elad, one for Paint, one for HBC - hic - on tor me, one f, f, f, fer Churyl, anutter fer, whas yer name???

O
O
Hi,<P>Since I can't be there and right now can't drink anyway. My usual (I mean occasional drink - don't want you all to think I'm a lush) is a 7n7. Just one. <P>Then play 1 round of golf and tell us who has the best score. <P>At the Cheesecake Factory have the Chocolate Jack Daniels cheesecake (hic). Good stuff. The food is great there too!!!!<P>Oooohh I'm getting hungry and thirsty. Better go maybe it's those darn cravings again. <P>Have fun!!!<P>Aloha,<BR>L.<BR>

S
S
Unfortunately, D&B has brings up bad thoughts. It is one of the places my W went with OM when he was down here for a visit (shutter - shutter). Oh well, if I was actually able to make it - I would probably just pretend I was somewhere else [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] It would be worth it to visit with all you good people. AND I like beer!!!<P>S&C

N
N
How about something a little longer than a one night social? - especially for those of us who would like to get together (AND REALLY NEED A BREAK FROM THE HELL WE'RE ALL GOING THROUGH) but live further away. Like 2-3 days (a long weekend maybe?). Maybe a central US location (I live in North Carolina, or another place would be fine too)?<P>This would make it more possible to make plans, and justify the travel. Most importantly , it would provide a much needed period to socialize with good people who share a common trauma in life to help each other keep our strength, build friendships, and hopefully further help our mission to save our marriages, families, and ourselves.<P>I would be willing to help organize. I'm sure there's much we could plan to do together, have FUN for a change, perhaps get MBs involved too. Let's brainstorm?<P>What does everyone think?

S
S
NSD,<BR>Maybe in Alabama. That's where W's OM lives. I could pay him a visit (wink wink nudge nudge) and then talk to everyone afterwards for support [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<BR>S&C

H
H
I also would love for there to be a get together! I live in the Chicago suburbs, as does Aries55 (we live about a mile from each other). Illinois is a central location..... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
OP Offline
W
Back to top.<P>Only two days until party time!!<P>Because I told them that the MB Supremes were coming (eyeswideopen, tootrusting, and SKM) D&B's agreed to set up the Karoke stuff. OK, so I can't spell. Can't wait!!<P>Everybody else, send your regrets/greetings to DCScandals@yahoo.com<P>WAT

W
OP Offline
W
Back to top - last time, I promise.<P>Late breaking news - Ollie North may make it afterall - his golf game with Jesse will probably be rained out.<P>WAT

R
R
What the heck....back to the top again!<P>I cannot make it there, as you know WAT, but hope you all have fun.<P>Do you know the number of attendees?<p>[This message has been edited by Rick37 (edited June 22, 2001).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation