Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#924274 06/29/01 11:56 PM
F
floored Offline OP
OP Offline
F
My WS/W came over to pick up some extra clothes for my little boy while she has them this weekend and when she walked in the door...I almost passed out. She had cut her hair to about 1/8"!! She looked like Sinead O'Connor!! I have never seen her do anything like this except when she dyed her hair blonde. Does this mean anything or is she just completely off her rocker?? I wonder if she is searching for something to make her happy? <P>Your view???<P>Floored

Z
Z
My take on it is that she is just trying out radical changes hoping that the superficial will help her find herself.<P>Z<P>------------------<BR>He loves not who does not show love.<BR>----William Shakespeare

Q
Q
Forgive me for not knowing your story well -- you may have answered this before ...<P>How old is she?

R
R
I would agree with zorweb. She is just making a change that she thinks will help her find herself. The WS never fail to make radical changes that we can't believe.<P>I must admit, that although this isn't funny, the way you worded this made me laugh...."I almost passed out"...and "she looked like Sinead O'Connor".<P>I guess tonight your name matches how you felt when your wife came through the door.

F
floored Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I know most of you aren't familiar with my story because I usually hang out at the "Pregnancy/Child" forum. My D-day was 8/2000 when I found out my W was pregnant with OC. She moved out about a week after D-day and had baby in 1/01 and now lives with OM. I went into plan B before the first of the year and have had very minimal contact due to our two kids. That's a quick recap of my situation.<P>By the way Nyneve, my W is 30.<P>Floored

Q
Q
Hmmm... I was thinking mid-life crisis, of course... and it still could be... just not classic. Or maybe she is just off her rocker - or they used a rocker when they cut her hair! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Sounds like you have everything pretty much under control though!

F
floored Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Nyneve,<BR>I am used to this kind of stupid behavior because of her moving in with OM and thinking it was OK. She is so screwed up that she won't even fight for our kids. I guess she knows she doesn't have a chance due to her past behavior.<BR>Floored

Z
Z
floored,<P>I had a friend once who got her hair cut like that. She is a head nurse in surgery at a major city hospital. She has 4 children and a full life. She did it because her long hair was just too much work for her very busy life. But in her case she carried it off. She was so gorgeous that she got away with it. I it was stunning on her. Don’t think many women can carry it off.<P>Z<P>------------------<BR>He loves not who does not show love.<BR>----William Shakespeare

T
T
I shaved 1/2 of the hair off of my head back in the summer of 1990. When I wore my long hair down, it wasn't noticable.<P>Granted, I was 17 at the time, it was done at a summer camp (me and 4 fellow staff members did it). It was our 'ode to Sinead O'Connor look at the time! LOL. But we actually pulled out the daisy razors. I gotta tell you... razor burn on the scalp is NO fun! LOL<P>Karen<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
4 members (SadNewYorker, 3 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation