Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9395 09/09/99 09:42 PM
N
OP Offline
N
H moved into his own apartment last week, same town as ow. He has been back three times to pick up stuff, pay bills, mow lawn. He says he changes his mind several times a day about what he should do. He's coming back tomorrow to finish the lawn. I've been invited to join some friends for dinner. Should I stay home because he is here or go out? I asked him if he wanted to get pizza for dinner. He said no.I want to go out because it would be fun (just with girls) and I want him to know I can go on with my life. On the other hand, The ow really needs him and is very upset that he hasn't made a commitment to her. She left her h to "prove" how much she loved him.Will I be making him think I don't need him if I go out? I can't believe I'm a grown woman with a college degree asking these questions. See what this craziness does to you!<BR>

#9396 09/09/99 09:56 PM
N
N
Noel, I just read your message..I know exactly what your H is going thru...I am going thru the same thing..I change my mind quite often also..I also left for a few months..and kept coming back to "take care of things."(yard, house, etc..)..that actually kept me in contact with my wife and I eventually realized what I had left..I am home now but am struggling with "withdrawls" now..NO FUN ! My wife would leave me notes or letters and express her feelings or thoughts..I think if you have the chance to "go out" with your friends, you should....it'll help keep your spirits up..maybe leave him a note...expressing some of your thoughts and feelings...my wife remained supportive even when I was gone..it really helped me...Hope this helps....Mike

#9397 09/09/99 10:14 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Mike, thanks for your reply. I appreciated hearing your point of view since your story sounds like my husband's. I love my h and I don't want to do anything that would jepordize our marriage more. Hope things are going well for you now that you're home. You made the right decision if you want to find peace and contentment in your life. It sounds like withdrawal isn't easy. What made you finally decide to end the relationship with the ow and come home ,if I may ask?

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,161 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation