Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. My father tried to take his life last night. I know this doesnt really apply to the purpose of this loop, but I need some support. It is bad enough that I am going through marriage problems, the country is falling apart, my H is a Marine and may have to go to war.... but now my dad is in the ICU 800 miles away. Please pass along some strength to make it through this hard time in my life. I am only 21 and I dont want to lose my father.<P>Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.<P>~Heather

H
H
<I> ~~ lighting a candle and saying a prayer ~~</I><P>Sending you all the energy I can muster. Hang in there.<P>Blessings,<BR>HBC

M
M
Lord I lift StayStrong and her desperately hurting heart up to you now. Wrap your loving arms around her. Be with her Father (as I KNOW you were last night). You know the plans you have for him, or you would have taken him. Give StayStrong the peace of your unending love and strengh. I ask this in your precious son Jesus' name.<P>Amen.<P><BR>(((Staystrong))): I have lost a husband to suicide. Your father has been given a 2nd chance at life. God had his hand in that. God loves you and your father. He will help you through this.<P>MOM<BR>

N
N
I will pray for you. Trust God and lean on him and not your own understanding.I will also pray for your father and husban. Hang in there and TRUST GOD. Love,Peace,Hope<BR>

W
W
My prayers to you and yours. A special healing prayer for your Father.

G
G
You and your family are definitely in my prayers. Stay strong...<P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B>

N
N
My prayers are with you, your dad, your H and your family. Stay strong. You are going through a real tough time right now but you ARE strong and can make it through!!

S
OP Offline
S
Just an update. Its been 2 days and he is still in the ICU. They are moving him to a regular room tomorrow. He is awake but a little confused as to where he is and why he is there. He got a little rough with the nurses so they had to tie his hands and feet to the bed [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] They asked him if he wants me there and he said that he is ok and they are taking good care of him. The director of the Psych Unit told me it would be better if I just stayed here in NC (dad is in OH) because I would really be no use there. I am not sure what to think of that....??? <BR>I DO have a family here that I need to take care of and ALOT of my own problems to deal with. Any advice?<P>I have been on the phone for the last 2 days talking to the nurses and doctors about what to do from here.<BR>He needs to go to a rehab facility. He has a case worker from the hospital that can help him go someplace. She seems nice.<P>Anyone know anything about this situation? He has Medi-Care and that is his only insurance. <P>~Heather<BR><P>------------------<BR>"What do you do when the person who usually wipes away your tears is the one who is making you cry?"

B
B
Oh, stay strong. I am so sorry. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. Rehab is a good place for him to go once he is well enough to leave the unit he moves to tomorrow. I am assuming he must have had a head injury. Inpatient rehab is where he needs to be. Rehab services are reimbursed for VERY well. I'm a nurse, there are other nurses and doctors here at MB who can also provide you some input. I would not worry about the financial burden,if that is your concern. <P>This is a lot for you to have on your shoulders right now. It sounds like your father is recovering well. If I were i your shoes, I would be there for your immediate family right now. If your hubby is at Camp LeJeune, you know his chances for deployment are pretty good. Be there for him and your family and perhaps go see your father once your hubby leaves. Just a suggestion...<P>Bluebird

S
S
StayStrong/Heather,<P>Where is that hug icon when you need one. Honey I am praying for you, your family and your father. Take a deep breath and pray.<P>You need to stay with your family and trust in the Lord and that He will take care of your father. Just think your Dad did not suceed in his attempt.<P>You are so young for so many burdens. Know we are all here for you in one way or another. <P>Please keep us updated.<P><B>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Heather}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}</B><P><BR>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] With God on our side we can't lose! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B><p>[This message has been edited by A blessed Samantha (edited September 21, 2001).]

R
R
Oh Heather......my heart reaches out to you. I wish there was something I could do for you. I will send you all my warm thoughts, prayers and strengths. I do hope you have someone close to support you with this. Spend as much time w/ your H now, and give him a hug for me. Perhaps once things have settled in your life, and your Father is stable...you should follow your heart. If it tells you to go.....then go. Take one day at a time, but, most importantly, take time for yourself. Take special care.....and I will be here for you. Thinking of you......a friend.

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you all for the support. <BR>Dad is finally moved into a regular room tonight. They asked me if I wanted to talk to him yet I have no idea what to say to him. It is going to be strange.<BR>I guess he is better healthwise. He was going through something called DT. He was forgetting where he was and saying things like he was going to bust out of there in 45 minutes and that he wanted his clothes. His girlfriend (who is a crack addict currently in rehab herself whom I have never met) went to see him yesterday and caused a major upset. She is a major part of why he tried to take his life. They should have NEVER allowed her to see him. After she left he started getting violent and crying. He was wondering why she gets to leave but he doesnt. Poor man. I sure hope he gets through this ok.<BR>I just feel bad because he is all alone up there. I just can not leave right now. Maybe in a few weeks once he is in rehab I will go see him.<P>Here is my question... what the heck do I say to him? I want to call him tomorrow and tell him that I love him and that I havent stopped thinking about him for one minute.<P>Any advice might help.<BR>Thanks in advance.<P>Heather<P>------------------<BR>"What do you do when the person who usually wipes away your tears is the one who is making you cry?"

M
M
Definitely call and tell him how much you love him and care for him. It will be important for him to know how much he is cared for and loved...even if it doesn't sink in right now. <P>You are in my prayers and thoughts. Take care of yourself in this stressful situatiom also. MnM

S
OP Offline
S
I called him and all that happened is I made him cry. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I feel terrible. I thought it would cheer him up to talk to my little one. She got on the phone and said in her 2 year old voice "I love you Grampy."<BR>When I got back on the phone he was balling his eyes out. I have never heard my dad cry like that. I of course started crying.<P>I did talk to him today and he sounded better. I guess I just wont put my daughter on the phone anymore.<P>Anyhow, for all of you who are following this story... He is moving out of his room to the Psych Unit. They are going to do an evaluation on him to see where he needs to go.<P>Thats about it. <BR>Thank you to all of you who were concerned. <BR>~Heather<P>------------------<BR>"What do you do when the person who usually wipes away your tears is the one who is making you cry?"

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation