Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
S
I have to agree with the others.<p>He will cheat again and again.

S
S
I have to agree with the others.<p>He will cheat again and again.

S
S
looks like your are batting a 1000, <p>I agree with the others, why do I think that this cheater resembles someone? [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

R
OP Offline
R
Cheating Husband Scoreboard:<p>YES votes = 15
NO votes = 0<p>Still polling ....<p>Jo

Z
Z
Cheat again? ... yes, most likely<p>Because there is a pattern and because I am assuming that he has not learned how to maintain a relationship.<p>
Z

F
F
"Serial" for breakfast...yup.

O
O
Jo, <p>Our responses may be striking a raw nerve.
The Ws was known to have good qualities at one time. Right? <p>Why are you asking?<p>L.

H
H
That would be one big, fat YES!!!<p>HbH<p>[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: hurtbyhubby ]</p>

T
T
Is the Pope Catholic?
Does the sun rise in the East and set in the West?<p>Unless he's had a serious 'come to Jesus' meeting, I'd bet on it.

M
M
I'd say yes, he'd cheat again.
That would be my gut reaction/response
Mikkey

W
W
Cheat on OW?<p>If you mean, will he have another tryst with another woman, then yes.<p>But somehow, semantically speaking, I don't think it's possible to "cheat" while you're cheating. What would he be cheating on?<p>For the record, the choice of genders for this scenario should be irrelevant.

R
OP Offline
R
So far all votes have come in as YES, he will cheat on new OW.<p>But here's some more Poll info. Lets see if this will change your mind.<p>What if the new OW told the XH that if he cheated on her with anyone (because OW knows his history and that he has the potential), including his XW, that she'd find a BF and have sex with him. Also, new OW has told XH that he has to account for all his time, whereabouts and finances .... and the XH willingly agrees and complies. AND ... what if they have a child together???<p>Will he cheat on new OW still? Hmmmmmm???<p>Jo<p>[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

R
R
Odds are, yes he will.

O
O
y knot? b cos ws + ows r knot 2 b trusted wile inn da fog (fogese for why not? because ws & OWs are not to be trusted while in the fog) [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>L.

C
C
Hmmmm, I think I know this guy!! Just kidding... <p>My answer is....it depends on the person and what they have learned from their previous wayward ways. In my case...I've learned that I'm NOT that type. I get too emotional and confused and it doesnt solve a thing except to screw up my REAL life. So.... hopefully this person realizes that its NOT a game and that there are real lives at stake...and he takes things more seriously.<p>But....with his record, I wouldn't bet on it.

T
T
Having a child together is an irrelevant piece of added information. After all, look at how many children from marriages on here are involved because mum or dad has chosen to have an A.<p>The accountability for time and money isn't foolproof either. I speak from experience with the first EA my H had. They mostly met for coffee in the mornings before his workshift (money was allocated for his coffee). We had a fellow living in our basement, who worked at the same place, but started 2 hours prior to H's shift. It was far enough away (a 15 to 20 minute commute each way) to rationalize him going into work early to give the guy a ride. He'd just hang out and talk with those already punched in on the clock, and read the paper. Oh, and he also made sure to call me every now and then because he was 'bored' at work.<p>So, for this (supposedly?? [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] ) fictional scenerio you now have... oh yeah... there's a good chance he'd still find a way to cheat. Again, ONLY if he hasn't dealt with the original issues he has that made him feel that having an A was a way 'out'.<p>Karen

B
B
I'm afraid I would have to vote yes too, Jo.<p>Mostly because OW and WS both have a tract record of betrayal...neither one of them can really ever trust the other....and "affairs" "betrayal" or "indelity" are their customary method of either controlling one another or seeking relief from conflict. So yes given enough pressure or unhappiness...I think not only WS but OW will eventually cheat again. Doesn't say much for the future of their relationship does it?<p>Faye

J
J
What if the new OW told the XH that if he cheated on her with anyone ...blah, blah, blah...<p>If only his former W had made it clear that an A was not acceptable, he wouldn't have had the A and he'd still be married????<p>With this new, added info, I think I have to change my vote...
NOT<p>Hmmmm.... Jo, you aren't considering something nasty here, are you?<p>Jeffers<p>[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: jeffers ]</p>

T
T
I noticed some people mentioned about the person learning from the A. Well sometimes people are just BAD with a BAD beliefe system, so they never change they just try harder NOT to get caught the next time they cheat and they get more creative at it. What ashame!!!!!!!!!!!

R
R
Resilient, you are evil. You decrease the chances of affair from 99.9% to 80% by What if the new OW told the XH that if he cheated on her with anyone (because OW knows his history and that he has the potential), including his XW, that she'd find a BF and have sex with him. and to 50% by Also, new OW has told XH that he has to account for all his time, whereabouts and finances .... and the XH willingly agrees and complies. AND ... I don't think C has any bearing on this, I suppose XH cheated before with child in the relation. what if they have a child together??? <p>I say NOT ... OW is what I call "skillfull OW". Unless some other detail/circumstances surface out.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation