Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
kevco- Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hey all, I thought I could use some cheering up. Maybe we can all get something from it, plus it may help some of us newbies to realize that they're just words from the FOG.<p>I'd like to start a list of one liners that all the BS out there have heard, or the WS have spoken.<p>For example:<p>I love you but I'm not IN LOVE with you.<p>I'm sorry I don't want to TRY, but my heart's just not in it.<p>Any one?<p>K

F
F
'What!!!! give HIM up for you ?!?!?!?!'<p>[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Freddy ]</p>

K
K
He's just a "friend"!<p>I just need some time to sort things out.<p>[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: kb4jb ]</p>

J
J
"I never knew what love was."<p> "Our marriage was over for me, but all you want to do is work on it"

W
W
My all time customized favorite that I've heard several times over the months from my W:<p>"I had to move out - it was your decision NOT to leave."<p>To help understand these absurd reasonings, maybe it's time to bring out the following for replay:<p>Word origin of "wayward":<p>way: the route or path to somewhere.<p>ward: loonie bin

K
K
I need my independence!

A
A
"You just don't get it. You don't understand."

N
N
re: contact<p>"it was dumb, i am sorry, i won't do it again"

H
H
"Just because I am seeing another man doesn't make me any less of a friend to you."<p>"Spending time with another man doesn't mean I'm neglecting responsibilities at home."<p>"OM is so good with our kids. He'd never do anything to hurt them."<p>"I'm not a bad mother while I'm seeing OM, I always make sure the kids are with our friends or you are home with them."<p>"You should have known something wasn't right. Do I need to tell you everything?"

J
J
Some of my personal favorites:<p>"I wish I could have you both."<p>"If I go and hate it, can I come back in 6 months?"<p>"I know if I followed my head, I'd stay, but my heart just doesn't know what it wants."<p>"If I were single, I'd be taking that bull by the horns."<p>"I just need 10 years - no, maybe only one - to get this out of my system."<p>"I'm not just choosing a man, I'm choosing a way of life."

H
H
It's been awhile since I though about these, but I'll play along.

"I don&#8217;t know"
"My relationship with the OM has nothing to do with our relationship"
"I'm going to take a nap"
"He's just a friend"
"Why are you so jealous?"
"Why are you upset all the time?"
"He will always be my friend"
"I forgot"
"Those emails you saw the OM singed "hugs and kisses" were just a joke. You know his sense of humor"
"I don&#8217;t want to try anymore"
"It's all your fault"
"Why should I take a STD test?"
"I didn&#8217;t think you would care"
"I don&#8217;t want you to talk to his wife anymore"
"He is a good man"
"I never said that"
"Go find someone else"
"Let's just be roommates"
"I can't tell you&#8230;you might become violent."
"I never really loved you"
"You're making this all up in your head"
"You always over analyze everything I say"
"I don&#8217;t want to talk about anything"
"He is always so positive. He never has anything negative to say"
"We are both (WS & OM) trying to decide if we should leave our spouses so we can be together"
"I have to say goodbye in person"
"What are you talking about, I always travel with my nicest (sexiest) night gowns"<p>
All right time to stop&#8230;I quit laughing and started getting a little POed

T
T
I felt like I was dead...she makes me feel alive.<p>We can redefine the concept of family.<p>The custody arrangements can be how we want them to be...we don't have to get all legal.<p>She listens to me.<p>Sex was an afterthought.<p>You can trust me about child support and visitation.

F
F
Let's see:<p>She's just a friend
She's not even attractive, and she's dumb
You have an overactive imagination
You are paranoid
What? Now I'm not allowed to have friends?
The cell phone bill? It goes to work now in case I want to expense any calls.
Maybe getting married was a mistake
I'm not having an affair and have no intention if having one.
I just want to be in college again
I can't handle resposibility anymore
I don't feel like being married anymore
I want a divorce, but you'll always be my best friend.
I'm moving out but there is no other woman
I have no interest in dating anyone, I just want to be alone.
I need some more time, now I'm not sure what I want.

A
A
There were so many but this is my favorite.<p>Me: Why did you chose someone like her to have an affair with?<p>H: Well, you make me feel inferior. You are perfect and I've never felt like I deserved you. I feel like I won the lottery when I married you. I don't like feeling inferior and I'm tired of everyone always saying to me "how did you end up with HER"! On the other hand, OW makes me feel very superior! I'm younger than her, she's overweight, she drinks too much, etc. I feel very SUPERIOR and I love that feeling!<p>Me: HUH?????? You kidding me, right? <p>Ahhh, gotta love a WH who's deep in the fog, LOL!<p>Oh, another favorite is "She's my best friend, she knows me so well, I can tell her anything".....nevermind the fact that the affair had only been going on for 2 MONTHS!

K
kevco- Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Angel,
He ACTUALLY SAID THOSE THINGS? WTF?!<p>HiFi,
I didn't know you knew my wife? [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>K

F
F
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Angelface:
<strong>
Me: Why did you chose someone like her to have an affair with?<p>H: Well, you make me feel inferior. You are perfect and I've never felt like I deserved you. I feel like I won the lottery when I married you. </strong><hr></blockquote><p>ROFL. Towards the end of the A I got the whole "I never felt like I deserved a woman like you" speech too.

A
A
Kevco, uh-huh, he actually said those things! I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or have him committed [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Hey fairydust, don't you just love the fog talk, LOL! By the way, how are the horses? I can't tell you how glad I am that you took that trigger from me!

W
W
WS<p>"I'm overwhelmed"
"I Love and care for you, I'm just not In love with you"
"I don't know why, but I feel absolutely nothing"<p>Wow I thought it was just me.

F
F
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Angelface:
<strong>
Hey fairydust, don't you just love the fog talk, LOL! By the way, how are the horses? I can't tell you how glad I am that you took that trigger from me!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>The horses are great! Glad to take that trigger for you. Plus I get that added benefit of knowing our xOW probably can't stand to hear anyone mention horses lol.

A
A
ok im late but ill play too.
besides all the ones already posted here...
WH's quotes
if things didnt go so far between me and her she would have made a great babysitter
( uh yeah ok NOT!)<p>she just needed someone to talk to<p>(before i found out)
you two would make great friends<p>and my personal favorite<p>i liked her so much because she reminded me of you!<p>HACK COUGH GAG..................what an insult<p>[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: LuvOnTheRox ]</p>

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation