Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
W
Well, my husband isn't even having an A (hasn't had one as far as I know), but I have some pretty great fog lines from him anyway:<p>1. You'll be happier once we are divorced.<p>2. I just don't know what we have together.
(Oh, just a 15 year marriage, 3 beautiful children, a church life we are both committed to, extended family that love us and we enjoy being with, a lovely home, 2 great careers....)<p>3. You don't need a lawyer - it will just cost more, we can come to an agreement and get everything we both want. (Huh? Not to mention the fact that he IS a Lawyer! -so, no sh*t he doesn't want me to talk to one!)

R
R
Before the D-Day.<p>"I stayed at my freind house (OM) to get to your attention so that we could talk."<p>After the D-Day.<p>"I have to get milk .... then do not come back 'till few days later."<p>When I throw her stuff out of the house & kick her out from home, she bring it back and say ...<p>"I live here too ..." [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

F
F
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wiffle:
<strong><p>3. You don't need a lawyer - it will just cost more, we can come to an agreement and get everything we both want. (Huh? Not to mention the fact that he IS a Lawyer! -so, no sh*t he doesn't want me to talk to one!)</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Haha! I heard that too when my H announced he wanted a divorce. He said "We can get a dissolution, no lawyer would even take a divorce case since we don't have kids. I will go ahead and keep the house. I'll get you an apartment and pay the rent for afew months until you get on your feet." Dream on! I found out I was pregnant afew days later anyway, so the no kids was pretty much invalid. I did talk to a lawyer (just in case I needed to protect myself) and he found it quite hysterical that "no lawyer would even take a divorce case with no kids involved." He thought it was even funnier that H was just planning on keeping the house we paid for and built together (and had tons of equity in!). H was completely stunned when he learned that I spoke to a lawyer.

A
A
oh yeah
(when i asked where he was because he didnt come hme all night)<p>i was so tired i fell asleep in the truck<p>
no peeps i didnt believe him

F
F
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LuvOnTheRox:
<strong>oh yeah
(when i asked where he was because he didnt come hme all night)<p>i was so tired i fell asleep in the truck<p>
no peeps i didnt believe him</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Hey, mine fell asleep in his truck too lol.

R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fairydust:
<strong><p>Hey, mine fell asleep in his truck too lol.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Mine says ... "I drink medicine that I feel drowsy"<p>After several arguments and LB ...<p>"I could not get home because I am so sad"<p>After D-day ...<p>"" nothing like she was there the night before or several nights.

R
R
During my H's A he would write stuff down on various misc. pads of paper in his office, mingled in with his Music Biz stuff. Just a couple lines, but there were several throughout the 9 mos after Discovery.<p>I'd go searching in his office and read them after he'd go leave to play at night (and we're not talkin "PLAY" guitar either). Well that's another subject entirely.<p>Anyways, those pieces of paper were his personal "A" justification thoughts of what and why he was doing what he was doing. <p>Here's some samples:
  • "What happened to us? ... I got angry and frustrated, so I did what I had to, she'll be just fine."<p>
  • "This is good for her, I'm giving her room to grow, spread her wings"<p>
  • "When she finds out there will be hell to pay"<p>
  • "We were on a trial basis, she knew it and should expect this"<p>
  • "You can only keep a promise for so long"<p>
  • "No one leaves a marriage unless there is someone else"<p>
  • "I distanced myself and left her alone so she could get use to taking care of herself by herself"
<p>ughhhh ... Jo

M
M
"I could not get home because I am so sad" ???<p>
I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this one!!!!! I work in a quiet office too!!!<p>
Still laughing!!!<p>Here's one that always hurt:<p>"I love you like a brother"

M
M
Sorry. I'm hysterical over that one.<p>I can picture myself stopped on the beltway causing a 5 mile back-up.<p>Officer knocks on window.
I roll it down.
Officer: "What seems to be the problem sir? Why are you stopped."
Me: "I'm sad."<p>Still LMAO!!!

F
F
[img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] ROFLMAO!! Great Thread!<p>
OW is NOT a bad PERSON!!!!<p>Yes, we're just friends. But, No you can't meet her.<p>She accepts me for who I am.<p>I felt like I wasn't married anymore when I left. So I didn't think I was being unfaithful.<p>I like her cuz she's a lot like YOU.<p>We're just friends. I'm going to church with her, to help her with her relationship with God.<p>[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Faith1 ]</p>

R
R
LMAO! SAD??? Good Gawd ... what an excuse! Now I've heard 'em all.<p>
Jo

G
G
These are freaking hilarious, hahaha<p>Here is what I get...<p>"we've just grown apart, honey"<p>"On the RARE occasion I talk to him, it's just to see if he's ok, and all!" (phone bill shows that she calls to see if he is ok, four times a day, every day - he must be a basket case, and in need of constant care)

G
G
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Faith1:
<strong> We're just friends. I'm going to church with her, to help her with her relationship with God.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>
Hahahaha, YES!!! My wife gave me the same line before I found out! She said she was trying to get him to go to church!! LOL What sacrifice! What an evangelist! Reaching for the lost!

T
T
Faith1...I had forgotten that ONE...<p>You two are really a lot alike!Ug!

F
F
What's interesting is I remember reading the OW board back in the day, and seeing several conversations in which all OP seem to be convinced that fog is mythical and made up by the BS. The fog is actually the "real" person who has been hiding, suppressed and beaten down by the BS of course, for all of these years. The BS can't handle it anymore and must break free of his/her chains. Of course this for some reason requires the aid of the OP. But in reading posts like this, couldn't even an OP see how assinine this garbage is? If nothing else, a person would have to be in a fog to think anyone would actually believe this stuff "I couldn't get home because I was sad" Geez Louise! I seem to recall that they also didn't believe that affairs could be the result of mid life crisis, despite the fact that there were often 20 or more year age differences between the OW and MM. Of course the fact that Brandi is 21 and Frank is 54 has NOTHING to do with their affair. They are soulmates. The age difference is purely coincidental rofl. Then again, I doubt our xOW would never believe that H had depression (diagnosed). He was probably the life of the party doing shots with her at the college bars. 36 year old men always blend right in at those places.<p>[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: fairydust ]</p>

P
P
"I'm a father figure to her." [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>"Why do you keep doing this to yourself?" (said when BS's self-esteem is in the gutter)<p>Before I found out: "Could you go out of your way a little to be nice to her? She is uncomfortable around you (DUH!), thinks you are in a different class."<p>[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Persevering ]</p>

Q
Q
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Persevering:
<strong>"I'm a father figure to her." [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p></strong><hr></blockquote><p>Accckkk... this one hit home!<p>My ex had moved out, had OW#5 firmly in place, and then this neighbor of his who "was hurting" and "abused"... three marriages under her belt... thought of my (then)H as a "Father figure"... her kids spent the days with him, she came in his apt. unannounced... all very innocent you understand. The best part, they PRAYED together... oh, and this "Father Figure"... he was 41, for crying out loud!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

A
A
Oh my gosh, you guys are cracking me up!!! Holy Moly...helping her relationship with God! These are too much!<p>Oh Oh, I have another one...after D-day I told my H that I was going to call the OW and have a talk with her. His response: "Don't call her, you don't even know her. She hasn't done anything to you, I have. And you have NO right to interfere with her life". Just thinking about it makes me wanno go grab my frying pan.... [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img]

R
R
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mr Fix It:
<strong>Sorry. I'm hysterical over that one.<p>I can picture myself stopped on the beltway causing a 5 mile back-up.<p>Officer knocks on window.
I roll it down.
Officer: "What seems to be the problem sir? Why are you stopped."
Me: "I'm sad."<p>Still LMAO!!!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Actually her driver license almost get suspended (no more point left) since WW has to rush between OM apt & my 2 D activity & got caught speeding. LOL !!!!

M
M
I can't believe that no one has posted this one yet . . .<p>"We're soulmates!"<p>or<p>"It wasn't for the sex, we're in love."

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation