Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Honey Offline OP
OP Offline
H
How do you get your ws... to do more financially and around your home, etc... which he would be legally obligated to if you filed for divorce... I do not want to file for the D, since this will only move things along... further to a d... but feel upset that my ws, is getting the better end of the deal... by getting out of responsibility for the house, the kids, etc... I am exasperated by his refusal to do more than 25% of his income... it really irritates me... in tx... 25% is child support for 2 kids, but I am totally aggravated with things like car trouble, yard work, and a broken front door, broken refrig., broken washer, and dryer, etc... that I have to worry while he goes and FIGURES HIMSELF out... ha... NOW he feels he is doing me a big favor by gracing me at therapy session, and even considering to work things out with such a psycho spouse... ME>.. that he is trying to make me into... HA HA HA! He is the psycho alien... right?<p>I am sorry, I know I am lbing him today, in that I called and told him all of his antics are in comprehensible and inexcusable to me and the kids, and that it is ridiculous to abandon a mom who was at home with the kids, and now force me to work ... etc etc... I am very aggravated, and feel way too dependent on my family - my mom and dad... who I hate to rely on... right now... they are bending over backwards to help...but I want my H to do what they are doing, not my mom and dad... SEE?<p>I am sorry, i am a bit tired and grumpy, my back hurts and I have had it had it had it with him and his needed to figure it out...!! at least right now, PLEASE give some advise, guys... I was doing sooo good, and now he is mad again, and says do not call me until tomorrow after your IC appointment... bye... bye.. and yells it.<p>WOW, can I pick them?<p>I just thought marriage was forever and you worked things out together, I did not think you got to just leave... ??? <p>Thanks, HONEY [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif" border="0[/img]

B
B
Honey ~ demanding that he help you is a selfish demand.<p>Every time you feel yourself start to say "I want" stop and reconsider.<p>Your H isn't helping and doesn't want to help. Yes you'd get more out of filing for a D, but you decided not to. <p>You are not a victim here. You have to simply accept the fact that he ISN'T helping, and get on with other alternatives.<p>My H did the same thing to me. I was 6 months pregnant and had next door neighbors taking the lawn mower out of my hands while I struggled to keep up the house and our 2 boys through a complicated pregnancy.<p>Being resentful got me no where. My resentment came from my unrealistic expecation that my H should help me. Why don't you look up expectations in your Al-Anon literature tonight and do some reading?<p>Once I accepted that the reality was NOT what I wanted it to be, but that it simply was, whether or not I liked it, then I didn't have the burning resentment that pushed me into LBing.

H
Honey Offline OP
OP Offline
H
thanks bramble rose.. I am tired and frustrated,,. I don't ;like my job... and had to take whatever I could due to circumstances, and I am about to take another job I don't like, except it pays more... oh well, I will be less stressed with more $.... I know if I had filed, I would of had. more , but I was trying to be NICE, and thought well, if he could just mow the yard, and fix the door... well, wouldn't that be a little fairer???? I can do ok with a little more help... but I guess he doesn't want to... like you say... I have studied expectations before, and will pull out my alanon now... I think there is a meeting tonight with childcare... <p>As far as my neighbors go, I jsut want to stay inside... I am tired of them looking at me like they feel sorry for me... OH boy! anyway, just need a break I guess, I am irritated, that seperation was not fairer and he just walked dumping everything on me one day! Thanks for your reply, I am going to get that schedule for the meetings, it has been a good week, but when he starts to make me mad, I just want to call and tell him all about it, MAJOR LB, I know. He says , get out of my SH__T, what the counselor told him... welll I should stay out of his stuff, and not telll him how to be... right now... good advice I guess, I guess i need to realize he does not want to be who I think he should be.
HUGS< ANd thanks br, HONEY

B
B
Honey,
I am so sorry that you are having all of these problems w/ H. You have certainly had a rough time! I know how hard it is not to LB when you are so angry and hurt. I had one of those times today too! Just remember that it is only one LB and you need to put it behind you. If Plan A is what you want to continue doing, then starting right now, put plan A back into action. I am not too good at putting my thoughts down on a post, so I hope this makes some sense. My thoughts and prayers are with you Honey.
Hugs!
BH

H
Honey Offline OP
OP Offline
H
thanks again, I appreciate the thoughts, I am really trying to plan a again... although at times he does not seem worth the effort... I guess it is better to just have him do some nice things on his own ... in response to my niceness... that might happen... it seems to... I for some reason want to force things to be my way... won't work... can't work anyway.... thanks again, more comments welcome please.<p>thanks, honey

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation