Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
OP Offline
R
I looked at the Valentine's Cards today. I knew it would take me a long time to find just the right one, since none of the traditional sentiments seemed to fit.<p>"God gave me a great gift when He gave you to me." OR "I love you more with every wonderful year we have together." OR "You are the prince I have waited for all my life."<p> [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Anyway, let's hear some suggestions for homemade cards, since there's no Infidelity Valentine section. Here's a couple:<p>"I never realized I would love you enough to stay with you after all you put me through."<p>"When you told me that I was prettier than your OW, my heart leapt for joy!"<p>"I didn't expect to be here today, and I don't know if we'll be together next year, but for now, I will try to meet your emotional needs."<p>"My love bank is slowly creeping out of the red, so how about some SF tonight?"<p>"I love you because you are so much nicer to me than you were this time last year."<p>"Roses are red,
I'm in Plan A.
You are withdrawn,
Happy Valentine's Day."<p>Rose Red

G
G
PLEASE tell me where I can buy one! They're perfect for the "love of my life" Ladysing

R
R
"My heart SORES when I'm with you, My Love"<p>lmao!

H
H
I ran into the same problem for a Christmas card for him. How i wished that I could get one of those sentimental ones that said how I feel safe with you. I hope you don't mind if I make up my own card and use one of your sayings, they are great!!!!!

E
E
Candy is dandy
Flowers are nice
I never thought you
could be so cold as ice!

R
R
Thought I would throw this one in here<p>When was the first Valentine's day celebrated?
The lover's holiday has its beginnings in the 4th century B.C. in Rome. The Romans held an annual lottery wherein young men would draw a young woman's name from a box. The couple would be assigned to each other the entire year for entertainment and pleasure. This celebration, traditionally held on February 15, also included banquets, dancing and foot races run in the nude. (what WS's want)<p>Around A.D. 496, early church fathers sought an end to the pagan practice, but knew better than to upset the citizens by removing the lottery completely. Instead, they had teenagers pull the names of saints from the box. The teen was supposed to spend the year emulating that saint's life as much as possible, which was probably not as much fun as naked marathons. St. Valentine was chosen as the patron saint of the new event, and young Roman men resorted to courting females by sending handwritten notes delivered on
February 14. (what BS's want)

Darn Christians are always ruining it for the rest of us! lol

G
G
Now there's an idea! How about a celebration where all the WS's have to race in the nude while the BS's sip wine, eat chocolates and smell the roses. The race should be held in Alaska, Minnesota, or someplace where they wouldn't really look their best in the nude! (Freezing their ba**ls off actually!) Sorry for the sarcasm, not having a great day. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] Ladysing

K
K
Its toughh, isn't it???<p>Valentines Feb 2000, less than 2 months since he told me he wanted to leave, just 1 month since he told me he wanted to work it out, but didn;t think he could since he was inlove with someone else, just a few days since he told me he was really trying...<p>Found a great card with 2 little animals (maybe porcupines or hedgehogs) on the front, and it said "The best relationships take a little work" and wrote inside something like "thanks for working with me, I love you".<p>If I hadn't found that one, I'm not sure what I would have come up with!<p>Kathi

A
A
How about these...<p>"Thank you for choosing ME!"<p>"Thank you for not ruining at least one holiday during your affair"<p>
Outside of card: "The things that I love most about you are your Honesty, Faithfulness, and Commitment"<p>Inside of card: HA HA HA HA!!!

R
R
Ladysing- I'm picturing some serious 'shrinkage'. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

N
N
Oh, I remember those valentines days with the WS... soooooo.... my contributions are:<p>
  • <p>Thanks for bringing home the gift SHE gave you for Valentine's Day and watching me cut it up with the scissors! Oh, you didn't want me to -- OOPS [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Thanks for telling me we were too poor to get each other V-day gifts, but getting the OW one!!<p>

F
F
"Thanks for telling me you were coming down with the flu and couldn't go out that night so I could worry about your health while you were out drinking with the OW."<p> That's what happened to me on Valentines Day during the A. Oh well, the next day he took the day off, came over for the whole day, took me out to lunch and brought me a gift. All she got was afew beers lol.<p>My Christmas card for that year would have been:<p>"Hope it wasn't too awkward buying gifts for your wife and your girlfriend at the same time at the same store."

G
G
WOW! Reading these really made me laugh and actually feel a lot better! I actually went out and bought silk Valentine boxers and chocolates for him, no card though... What would we do without this place to vent, share, etc...Thanks for a great post Rose! Ladysing

C
C
Have you looked at halmark? They have a wonderful section for couples that are struggling through these things.

A
A
cant help myself here a few suggestions:<p>My spouse and OP sitting in a tree
K-i-s-s-i-n-g
1st came love, then came a broken marriage
leaving my heart and feelings totally disparaged!<p>My spouse and OP sitting in a tree
K-i-s-s-i-n-g
1st came lust, then came the fog
which left me feeling like a kicked dog reaching for the grog! (SH**, why dont they just fall out and land on their heads!) Sorry<p>Lately, you've been so cold
Your affair left you so bold
On this Valentines day
I cant bear to look your way
I thought about candy, a card, even a large bouguet
You might as well forget about the sex and any thought of foreplay
This year its best that you be your own date
I'd prefer to be home by myself and masturbate!<p>You were so selfish when you started your affair
You didn't want my love so ya looked elsewhere
On this V-day, I'll be taking my red hot laced panties out dancing
finding a new man to be romancing
So buy your own candy and flowers
and while you're at it, take a cold shower! (that one was for you ladies!) <p>Roses are red, violets are blue
I'd be better off with the fever and flu, than you!<p>I needed to vent, I actually love her very much and hope we can get back together but I just don't see it happening! I'm considering buying her a new ring (V-day marks 19 years of being together) since she "lost" hers but I doubt she'd accept. We met at a "screw your roommate party in college", now who's getting screwed?

G
G
CynthiaD, Hallmark has cards for this? I had no idea. I guess they really don't want to miss out on anything! Thanks for the info. Ladysing [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

E
E
Roses are red
violets are blue
I wish you were dead
but instead I will sue<p>Your face is so red
and I'm feeling blue
'loving' OW in my bed
while I'm staying true<p>(sorry, having a bad day too...)<p>Evensong

R
OP Offline
R
Well, a bad day is just what this thread is about--just taking a little malicious pleasure where we can find it!<p>Resilient, Elad, Angelface, n_b, fairydust, Evensong--great cards! Angling--you outdid yourself!! <p>Ladysing, glad we can make your day--I'll see you and Cynthia in the Hallmark store... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Rose Red

R
R
ummm, lemme see, Good 'ol Valentine's day .... well, I know that OW #1 got prego from H on Valentine's day .... how romantic. Just love the holiday, one of my favs.<p>Jo

R
R
Angling, you're SLAMMIN!!! I'm LMAO .... thank you!<p>Jo

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation